Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game update 2.0 effectiveness

Phrase
03.04.2013 , 06:44 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Baarabas View Post
Question? Does this mean it has its own icon? Is it a seperate ability from Missle Blast to click?
Nope. It's a passive change to Missile Blast to make it unique from PT Missile Blast.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Corran
03.05.2013 , 06:54 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I think that's the point. Your job has changed.

Against average players you can still get away with simply shooting, shooting and shooting. But against top players, Merc dps, which was already 25-50% behind what other dps classes can offer in 1.7, falls even further behind in 2.0. There is no meaningful dps boost in 2.0 for Merc dps. You can not compete with the other dps classes in top end ranked wz. Trying to do so is an automatic fail. But if from what I've seen so far you can boost overall productivity by about 5-10% if you use your Kolto Missile at the right times. Is that enough to make Merc dps competitive with other dps classes? No. But it is a boost.
dps is not burst

pvper's, stop interchanging these two terms. pvp is about burst - how much damage you can put out in as short a time as possible or how fast can you do xxx amount of damage

when dps is used in a discussion it's about sustainability, which is a pve discussion.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1