Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Abilities?

LordRaeth
02.20.2013 , 04:40 PM | #1
Does anyone know what the new abilities are for sage and shadow? I was hoping for a more athletic agile move like the way sentinels can jump kick people as well as additional leaps. Also maybe a lightsaber deflect ability for tanking like I heard guardians are getting?

Elear
02.20.2013 , 04:50 PM | #2
New Ability Highlights

Sage: A new ability, Force Barrier, has been added. Force Barrier projects a barrier around the Sage, providing immunity to all damage and effects while channeled (up to 10 seconds). Force Barrier is trainable at level 51.
Shadow: A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Shadow to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.

LordRaeth
02.20.2013 , 05:00 PM | #3
So apart from that teleporting ability, no leaping, acrobatic ability?

Katszc
02.20.2013 , 05:28 PM | #4
Nope.

And Phase Walk is better if you know how to use it, played Rogue on RIFT, which had a skill exactly like it in a certain tree, was OP.
Katszc - The Other Guys - Shadow
Tojiko - Hakuna Matată - Scoundrel
Çrowberry - Hakuna Matată - Sage

Ycoga
02.21.2013 , 10:53 AM | #5
Is Barrier interruptable?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

uziforyou
02.21.2013 , 01:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Is Barrier interruptable?
God I hope not or it will be useless. On the other hand, if it's not interuptable it will OP'd in PvP.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Norgeron
02.21.2013 , 03:37 PM | #7
you know i really thought project storm might make it into this game in a patch or at least this expansion guess I was wrong...damn. if we have to play with rocks at least give us a BIG ^%&*% rock

SlickAWG
02.21.2013 , 07:35 PM | #8
They're getting rid of Tumult, according to Darth Hater. My sweet, sweet spin kick, one of the precious few close combat abilities my Sage possesses, is going away.
Thank you, Bioware, for changing the name. Now that I'm not a "wizard", can we make my lightsaber less of a "wand"?

Missandei
02.22.2013 , 03:27 AM | #9
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

MandFlurry
02.23.2013 , 12:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
God I hope not or it will be useless. On the other hand, if it's not interuptable it will OP'd in PvP.
The Sorcs will have a Barrier to, so it will be evened out, But it will Probably be like Force armor for both sides where if Electricity hits ur Force armor then it will destroy ur FA on Contact sometimes and other energy weapons.

I think it will be whether what hit u. was it Energy or Kenetic that will matter about breaking the barrier like Force Armor.