Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Floating bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpuaFlex
02.19.2013 , 07:48 PM | #1
i have seen this bug for quite a while but today was the last straw. i was trying to run mandalorian raiders, when in the middle of the boarding party boss fight i kept getting this floating bug on my character where i was unable to act or move, and my toon would just float as if they are flying backward. it ruins the fun and ive never seen any bug like this in any other game, which is absolutely absurd. i had to relog just to move, only to find that i was takin out of (not kicked from) the group and sent back to my spot for questing, not finishing the flashpoint that i was in the middle of. i have seen this before, in previous skirmishes with questing and whatever, but this is way too rediculous. not sure if anyone else is having this same issue, but it takes away from the gameplay. this has to stop!

Beruthien
02.19.2013 , 07:53 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings SpuaFlex,

The first thing I would recommend in this situation would be to run the repair function on the launcher to rule out any issues with the client files. To run the repair, please log in on the launcher, select the cog shaped icon and the repair function.

Also have you noticed any lag spikes when this happens?

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

SpuaFlex
02.25.2013 , 07:18 AM | #3
the repair function did not work

Cerimon
02.25.2013 , 08:20 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi SpuaFlex ,

The workaround for this is to go somewhere and drop off something. The idea is that getting your character to do the drop animation will return it to normal functioning. Ramps or small steps will not do it as they do not invoke the drop animation.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

SpuaFlex
04.26.2013 , 04:54 PM | #5
that doesnt make any sense. like take something from my inventory and just drop it? ramps and steps? the glitch is is that sometimes certain bosses or mobs will push or pull, causing the character to get stuck for 4-5 seconds in that "flying" motion. that shouldnt happen. its unnecessary damage, and a potential/avoidable death.

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 05:14 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
SpuaFlex,

You need to get your character to do the falling animation. This can be done by walking off something and dropping some non-lethal distance. Walking down a ramp or step does not drop your character far enough so will not trigger the dropping animation. This all has nothing to do with your inventory or dropping an item from it.

I hope this is clearer now.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support