Help with vocabulary - Quick question

calypsissmexy

Vet players refer to Operations?

Also, what is meant by Progressions?

And Dailies?

I have some guesses but the contexts they've been used in have cast some confusion. I know there are space mission dailies (I have yet to get past level 40). Are there other kinds of dailies? And I assumed progression just meant missions done to progress your character but I'm not so sure.

Vet players refer to Operations?

Also, what is meant by Progressions?

And Dailies?

I have some guesses but the contexts they've been used in have cast some confusion. I know there are space mission dailies (I have yet to get past level 40). Are there other kinds of dailies? And I assumed progression just meant missions done to progress your character but I'm not so sure.

Operations are 8 or 16 man missions. There are two modes of each: Story Mode and Hard mode. They are designed to be done by organized groups. Hard Mode version is the same as Story Mode, except the MOBs are much harder to kill. Some missions have complicated mechanics that require the op members to do specific things at specific times. The are characterized as missions that progress from lower to higher level MOBS, with the boss being the final objective. The Boss will drop rare loot and commendations that are used to buy the best gear.

Progression can have several meanings. In terms of operations, it refers the the order of the missions, from easiest to hardest:

http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=2839179

Dailies are missions that give daily commendations. Once you hit 50, you can run them once a day, so the number of commendations you can obtain are effectivly capped. They are run on several different high level planets and space, some with special areas that are only available once you hit 50.

Edited by BebeLeBozo

Operations are basically end game flashpoints with 8 or 16 players. Light on story, heavier on big boss fights.

Progression typically refers to an endgame guild/group who have a goal of progressing through operations content from easier to harder. They can be casual or hardcore. Typically they'll keep trying an operation each week (or some other interval) until they get through.

Dailies are just quests that are repeatable once per day. There are ones on Ilum, Belsavis, Section X, Black Hole, space, some PVP, and some Flashpoint based ones.

Dailies are just quests that are repeatable once per day. There are ones on Ilum, Belsavis, Section X, Black Hole, space, some PVP, and some Flashpoint based ones.

You are forgetting that every single planet has these when you are leveling. Each of the heroics would be considered to be a daily (usually show up as a blue quest marker instead of the usual gold. Also... if you find yourself on the fleet, the sections labeled "Supplies" (PVE) and "Combat Training" (PVP) have terminals which give daily quests. the Supplies terminal give the daily FP quest and the Combat Training termial give the daily PVP quest.

**Leveling tip for extra coms**: Pick up the FP daily quest from the terminal and use groupfinder to que yourself up for the groupfinder daily at the same time. With that one flashpoint you que up for, you can knock both dailys out at the same time.

Edited by haliy