Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What annoy's you the most In PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What annoy's you the most In PvP?

02.19.2013 , 04:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Ha, yeah, in lowbies it's very frustrating when someone follows me to grass/snow and "helps" me cap.

In 50s, what bothers me most are matches that should have been winnable but someone does something dumb. Like:

Not calling incoming or snoozing while the off node is capped behind their back.
People tunneling enemies at a contested node while their buddies cap it
People being way too slow to rotate on defense
People killing the huttball carrier in our half, which is still swarming with enemies, then trying to run the ball out of the pit, only to get pulled into the fire by a Sin for an easy force-speed score.
Done the snooze on node. Sorry, but sometimes TV wins. You play the stealth guard long enough and it will happen. Its boring. When you're one long enough to bad. Someone rotate. Same for Inc calls. Usually its ready to be called, but If I am napping or think I can own someone I don't always call it. Especially in the blowouts. If that doesn't work for you maybe you should guard. I might be crafting, watching tv. Taking a leak. Whoops. Its a pug match. Who gives a flip.

Tunneling enemies? Is that a thing?

LOL. I like killing the annoying fly. I often will be the stealth fly. Its amazing how it works against a lot of very good teams. Watch the map. Spawn and pop your defensive cool downs. use stealth. People realize your doing it on purpose and still chase you around.

Done it in huttball. My favorite huttball moves are those amazingly well timed kills. I prefer to be doing them as opposed to getting tricked. Hey it happens. I applaud the fire death. If someone without stealth, without a passing lane and is desperate tries to run oh well. It was going well if the other team had a stealther in position to score along with your goalline swarming. I do hate force kb. Blame the developers who f'd with the ability. Its so positional now and stupid that you think its lined up and whoops. It activated wrong.

I've also thrown people across the fire/kb'd them. You can use the corner pylons and sometimes when it looks bad anyways that is a 50/50 throw that gets you the ball. Risk/Reward play.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

02.19.2013 , 04:45 PM | #22
The leap bug.

1. Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight leaps in huttball.
2. Their character model vibrates in one spot for 3 seconds.
3. They score.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

02.19.2013 , 05:04 PM | #23
Firstly: Players that can't be civil.

Usually it's the guy in civil war or novare coast who defends the west or east node on his own. He is sitting there safely twiddling his thumbs while we fight like lions, and if we fail to capture the node or loose it due to the enemy team simply being better, the inevitable "Idiots, how can you loose it!!" pops up, or the infamous "What are you noobs doing?!" more often still you can read something along the lines of "This team sucks balls." or "What a horrible team." Usually soon after this player will ninja-leave the warzone, commonly right before the enemy decides to try for that node, only to find it undefended.

I call this type of player "The leech"

Secondly: Players that give up immediately when the odds are not 100% in their favor. You all know the type, Ancient Hypergates, the enemy has a slightly higher score, and then there is this extremely vocal player in your team who if he would fight as much as he typed in chat would be a PvP god. "This sucks." "This is pointless" "They have better healers" "They have better tanks" "They have better dps" "We are going to loose this so badly". Often they will leave the match. Half the time we'd come back and win the match, and typically this player if he hasn't left will then type something in the lines of "Well done all! I knew we could do it!"

I call this type of player "The lamprey"

Thirdly: Sorc/Sage Stunbubbles. Not going into further details as all has been said in the countless other topics.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

02.19.2013 , 05:09 PM | #24
1. the overlly overlly overlly ultra excessive CC that came with patch 1.4.
2. no cross server pvp ques.
3. rubberbanding in wz's.
4. too many same faction matches.
5. excessivelly long rated ques due to # 2.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

02.19.2013 , 05:32 PM | #25
Calling inc, then being told you didn't.

During a Civil War in the 1-49 bracket:
Me: w 1
Me: w lost
X: why didn't you call?
Me: I did
X: you said "w 1"
Me: exactly
X: how could we see that?
Me: you did see it apparently
X: I scrolled up retard
Me: which means you didn't see it on time, which is your fault, not mine, "retard"
X: Type in caps so we can see it

02.19.2013 , 06:58 PM | #26
Queuing up for lowbies. It's very not fun. But I need the comms so I can get the items I cant send through legacy gear. So I do it and torcher myself.

02.19.2013 , 07:02 PM | #27
Losing Warzones which happens all the time
mX | Twitch

02.19.2013 , 07:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by murkin View Post
Losing Warzones which happens all the time
Murk1n waiting until I leave work to start streaming those losses...

02.19.2013 , 07:22 PM | #29
the thing that annoy me the most as an assassin

Civil war and Novare Coast: Winning a game with 0 dmg 0 protection 0 kills 0 death 0 healing and 1 billion objective points because I was the solo guard .

Huttball: Force push over the activated fire pit toward our end zone to give full resolve AND reduce the distance for them to score. Those idiots standing to a very nice location to leap aka our endzone

Void star: The whole WZ

Hypergate: The non stealth trying to solo cap the ennemy pylon, the stealth player trying to solo cap a pylon guarded by 2 players AND dying to the to give free points to the other team and those dive in 6 ennemies to give free points

Note: A hybrid(23/1/17) assassin maybe an operative too can solo cap a pylon guarded by 2 players if both of them have their CC breaker on CD. (I did it several times)
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

02.19.2013 , 07:23 PM | #30
1. Lack of communication is one of my biggest issues.
2. People being rude when you make suggestions for a strategy.
3. Losing a node/bunker/door because one person (usually a dps without stealth) goes off to cap a node where 2 people are guarding while we eventually lose the node we had that everyone was defending.
4. People who run off leaving healers by themselves to guard a node.
5. Healers who are not where they are needed.
6. Tanks who do not guard lol (I laugh because I put a guard on people all the time even if I switch to a dps spec which may hurt my dps at times)
7. People who fail to follow directions
8. People who become tunnel visioned
9. consecutive smashes/sweeps

Those are annoying to me but not annoying enough to make me not play. I realize that until I start playing with pre-mades more often or rated teams I will still continue having those issues.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)