Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What annoy's you the most In PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What annoy's you the most In PvP?

02.19.2013 , 03:05 PM | #1
So yeah, what annoy's you guys the most?

On The red eclipse, it seem's a hell of a lot of imperials really have not got a clue in PvP.

I have been playing since jan or feb last year and today i experienced the worse team i can remember. Not everyone was bad, 2 other guys were trying to play hutball properly, but the rest were extremely dumb!

Running the ball into our half,trying to run through flames with no sort of shield, not passing the ball when nearly dead, just standing around with the ball panicking on what to do next, these are to just name a few.

Civil war, i hate guys who say 'I will defend' then ask for even more guys to help or things like calling incoming only once the turrets are capped.

Novare Coast, this one again, the most annoying thing are people who just leave the turret undefended. I wouldn't mind people switching round, i offer to do it most the time. What i don't like is people getting bored or just being stupid enough to wander off leaving an open target.

Voidstar, Leaving the door undefended, following stealth's while you are un-stealthed to attract the attention of the whole enemy team.

I don't mind the spec's that are OP, that i can play fine with, what really annoy's me is people not even trying and just derping around like idiot's.

So what annoy's people the most?

02.19.2013 , 03:08 PM | #2
The PvP forums.

02.19.2013 , 03:10 PM | #3
Two biggest.

1) not calling incs. This has to be my worst and is the reason why I defend 75% of the matches I play because I simply don't trust the average player to do this. When I am not defending I would say half the time no inc is called and in lowbies I would say 90% of the time they are not called.

2) see above.

02.19.2013 , 03:20 PM | #4
One of the biggest things that really grinds my gears is...

In civil war, right as soon as the WZ starts and everyone gets off the speeders... when 4+ people go left to cap 1 node and there are only 2-3 of us contesting mid.

02.19.2013 , 03:26 PM | #5
probably the utterly terirble new resolve system that lets you get stunlocked until you die, and no, not from operatives, from every other class. So even when you get full resolve, you get another stun less than a second later and it still counts, so you end up getting stunned for 7-12 seconds. And that's not including Bubblestun, which while annoying, isn't as annoying as the new resolve system in general. Revert resolve to pre-1.4 resolve, give bubblestun a hard stun resolve value, pvp largely fixed, at least in terms of stuns.

Not calling incs is definitely annoying, but I've gotten used to it. I usually try to keep an eye on the other node or just stay on the move myself the whole match. In Civil War, for example, if there's 1 enemy and 4 teammates at close to full hp on one node, I'll just leave the fight and head to our other node. Usually I end up interrupting a cap on the other node, as the guy who just died types in, "grass is lost."

Nerf Operatives.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies:

02.19.2013 , 03:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
One of the biggest things that really grinds my gears is...

In civil war, right as soon as the WZ starts and everyone gets off the speeders... when 4+ people go left to cap 1 node and there are only 2-3 of us contesting mid.
Ha, yeah, in lowbies it's very frustrating when someone follows me to grass/snow and "helps" me cap.

In 50s, what bothers me most are matches that should have been winnable but someone does something dumb. Like:

Not calling incoming or snoozing while the off node is capped behind their back.
People tunneling enemies at a contested node while their buddies cap it
People being way too slow to rotate on defense
People killing the huttball carrier in our half, which is still swarming with enemies, then trying to run the ball out of the pit, only to get pulled into the fire by a Sin for an easy force-speed score.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

02.19.2013 , 03:33 PM | #7
bad pugs, the new resolve system and bubble stun
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow

02.19.2013 , 03:36 PM | #8
I'll bite.

There are too many things to list but my latest gripe is the amazing amount of players who use their various CC skills to ill effect. Filling up an enemies resolve before the fight even starts annoys me to no end but the capper has to be when players playing classes with knockback (especially the single target forcer user one) use it when it isn't needed.

I lost count of the times when an enemy is attacked and is in range of most of your team, has snares and is being lined up with uber-tastic powers (ie me as a slinger) and some fracktard force pushes the enemy half way across the map los'ing the majority of your team, knocking them out of all aoe's and making players run out of healing range to finish off the enemy (because most players are melee and most of those players run after targets they already attacked with blinders on instead of switching targets and fighting strategically) OR allowing the enemy to actually get away. By this I mean it hurts the battle instead of helping the battle.

The worst I've ever seen of this is on Huttball when an enemy is waiting for the last fire trap to go down to attempt to score. One of our players ran up behind them, forced pushed them across the trap safely and within 10m of the goal line. I still think I am waiting on my rage timer to subside after seeing that amazingly inept move.

This is the only time I post in caps in Ops telling off the pure idiots who do this repeatedly. I will call anyone out and ensure the whole team knows what is happening and who is doing it. It is the only way to teach some players who either do not play smart or refuse to ever play smart or understand that it is a team effort and not some selfish solo event. I've even asked some players if they are playing for the other team as they seem to insist on helping them rather than kill them.

P.S. Speaking of huttball I do ponder at all the people who spawn and rush to the edge of the pit to attack from above when enemies are down there and of course get leaped to allowing the enemy to score. This happens over and over and over and over again without the capacity for these players to learn otherwise. It blows one's mind if thinking about it too long.

02.19.2013 , 03:38 PM | #9
I'll also add when i play combat/carnage on my sent/mara i hate vgs/pts who pull my target away or jugs/guardians that push my target away mid ravage/master strike they can go to hell.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow

02.19.2013 , 03:39 PM | #10
Name callers, players who do not understand how things work after several Warzones and those that do not work as a team.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse