Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzone Development League

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Ranked Warzone Development League

ace_boogie
02.21.2013 , 04:33 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshikage-sama View Post
the thing is, you're leaving all the top guilds out to dry. so are we just supposed to die of boredom while we wait for you all to get better. we wont have anyone to queue agaisnt.
This is what happens when all the good players all flock to the same 2 guilds to avoid any real adversity. Tough break...
K'senža
<Working As Intended>
<Tha Ebon muthaf@ckin Remnant>

Harglerode
02.21.2013 , 04:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by dtownpage View Post
I mean am i the only one that found this funny?!?! lawl
Apparently so.
60 Sorc 60 Assassin 60 Op 60 Merc 60 Jugg

yoshikage-sama
02.21.2013 , 07:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
This is what happens when all the good players all flock to the same 2 guilds to avoid any real adversity. Tough break...
nothing wrong with wanting to play with people who know how to play their class. nobody likes to carry.
Kageasatrooper- vanguard Ansatsusha-scoundrel Awildpikachu- sorcerer
Rhyperior- juggernaut Mypewpewshurt- sniper

UNCENSORED

SEANeD
02.21.2013 , 07:41 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by _Kayko_ View Post
Was just in a group against 4 qdodgers.. Impressive on the response times to various moves on different turrets... You seemed to really have a good grasp on PvP. Looking like once you guys get up and running that there may be another team to add to the ranked pool.
Thanks, but having 4 people on the same page in a warzone is easy. In ranked you need all 8 people communicating and on the same page. That's what this development league will help, because as of right now the only way to get all 8 in is to superqueue, which is frowned upon, or queue against a team that has been playing ranked with each other way longer. Like roxxay said, being alive 20seconds at the most will not be enough to learn anything from. And for those that think we are leaving the top guilds out to wait while we get better, your pretty much right, but in a month or so you'll see a few new guilds that can actually give you a game.

SEANeD
02.21.2013 , 07:47 PM | #35
nothing wrong with wanting to play with people who know how to play their class. nobody likes to carry.
I really don't care if all the good players go to uncensored. You guys had to put a lot of effort to get to the point where everyone wants to join. All i'm saying is you have to give guilds that don't have try outs or are extremely selective about recruits time to get better by playing teams of equal competition. And for this Ranked Development League i'm not even sure Qdodgers will be able to do it for a bit because we haven't had 8 people on line since we started. Once I make a set team give me a week to practice and idc who I play.

SEANeD
02.21.2013 , 07:51 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by dtownpage View Post
I mean am i the only one that found this funny?!?! lawl
Whats funny about this? Us being so bad that we will never be able to get a competent ranked team, or that he maybe prematurely judged us? Both those wins that he saw us in were in against premades of very good guilds. I think this could be seen as an argument starter.

ace_boogie
02.21.2013 , 07:53 PM | #37
Of course... But don't complain about lack of competition when you've basically eliminated it all by joining up. If there were cross server queues it would be less of an issue but it is what it is.

The idea behind this is to get guilds some practice on strats and tactics and decent competition against other guilds of similar level. Super queuing against uncoordinated or brain dead pugs doesn't help but neither does being steamrolled by fully optimized WH and already well coordinated teams.

Even the best college football teams would be demolished by the worst professional football team, so this thing about "top teams left out to dry" is like the Baltimore Ravens complaining about not getting a shot at the BCS against Alabama. Cry me a river, yo...
K'senža
<Working As Intended>
<Tha Ebon muthaf@ckin Remnant>

SEANeD
02.21.2013 , 07:58 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
Of course... But don't complain about lack of competition when you've basically eliminated it all by joining up. If there were cross server queues it would be less of an issue but it is what it is.

The idea behind this is to get guilds some practice on strats and tactics and decent competition against other guilds of similar level. Super queuing against uncoordinated or brain dead pugs doesn't help but neither does being steamrolled by fully optimized WH and already well coordinated teams.

Even the best college football teams would be demolished by the worst professional football team, so this thing about "top teams left out to dry" is like the Baltimore Ravens complaining about not getting a shot at the BCS against Alabama. Cry me a river, yo...
Exactly.

sabbrina
02.21.2013 , 08:05 PM | #39
the thing is, you're leaving all the top guilds out to dry. so are we just supposed to die of boredom while we wait for you all to get better. we wont have anyone to queue agaisnt.
i never said that , to my knowledge you guys que pretty much every night regardless if we are trying to do something different, so i dont see why you have an issue with it,if you que and we que ..game on if we are selected together . nothing either of us can do about it
DAMONICA
GM CHAOTIC PIXELS

yoshikage-sama
02.21.2013 , 08:45 PM | #40
if anyone is getting offended by my posts, i apologise. im just really boooooooored.
Kageasatrooper- vanguard Ansatsusha-scoundrel Awildpikachu- sorcerer
Rhyperior- juggernaut Mypewpewshurt- sniper

UNCENSORED