Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ranked Warzone Development League

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Ranked Warzone Development League

johnnyreece's Avatar


johnnyreece
03.04.2013 , 08:02 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
<snip>... swift, uninterruptible healing. With the buff to Benevolence (Dark heal, i think) that's some serious self-heals. Finally, with Lightning Effusion, your force management is going to be a joke so you no longer need to use Consumption and you can use those Wrath procs for more single-target damage.
Overall, I'd say it's a pretty nice buff. And I don't cry too much about the force lift, since the thing I'm fighting always had my dots and I don't care for breaking such a big stun early.
Yeah, there are some nice perks, if you're a healer (I've never healed on this one; that's what my op is for). I played with it on PTS yesterday, and spent some time on a training dummy to try some of the different mechanics. I think I may end up with a lightning/madness hybrid. After trying a couple WZ without the stun bubble, I realized I just drop too quickly (especially to you stealthy smugglers). My whole gameplay is going to have to change with this. I may actually pick up chain lightning, with the buff to lightning strike. I agree that force shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, which is nice. Unfortunately, when half your time is spent running from spawn, force is never the issue, anyhow.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
03.04.2013 , 08:57 AM | #92
was force ever an issue for sage/sorc heals? you could just life tap couldn't you? resource management is far more dire for mando/merc healers in its present state imo.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
03.04.2013 , 09:56 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
was force ever an issue for sage/sorc heals? you could just life tap couldn't you? resource management is far more dire for mando/merc healers in its present state imo.
Energy management was only bad for full balance, or bubble-stun heals if you try to keep too many people alive. Noble sac is okay, but it still hurts you, still causes your force regen rate to drop, and still costs a gcd that could be spent towards dps. With an amazing 1.3% energy regen rate, it's kinda like playing a trooper who has a crapton of ammo, but their regen rate is constantly stuck in the red zone.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
03.04.2013 , 10:01 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
Yeah, there are some nice perks, if you're a healer (I've never healed on this one; that's what my op is for). I played with it on PTS yesterday, and spent some time on a training dummy to try some of the different mechanics. I think I may end up with a lightning/madness hybrid. After trying a couple WZ without the stun bubble, I realized I just drop too quickly (especially to you stealthy smugglers). My whole gameplay is going to have to change with this. I may actually pick up chain lightning, with the buff to lightning strike. I agree that force shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, which is nice. Unfortunately, when half your time is spent running from spawn, force is never the issue, anyhow.
I actually planned on going the hybrid build no matter what. You can still get the 30% crit bonus and now you can get lighting effusion and an insta-cast Chain Lightning. Since the proc chance for it is increased from 30% to 60% based off of Lightning Strike, the hybrid build is becoming a little more like what it was back at launch. Basically you lose out on the top tier ability, but possibly gain more damage and more survivability with better energy management. The heal hybrid build was acutally kinda nerfed, but the full heals build is good enough to compensate now.

johnnyreece's Avatar


johnnyreece
03.04.2013 , 10:40 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I actually planned on going the hybrid build no matter what. You can still get the 30% crit bonus and now you can get lighting effusion and an insta-cast Chain Lightning. Since the proc chance for it is increased from 30% to 60% based off of Lightning Strike, the hybrid build is becoming a little more like what it was back at launch. Basically you lose out on the top tier ability, but possibly gain more damage and more survivability with better energy management. The heal hybrid build was acutally kinda nerfed, but the full heals build is good enough to compensate now.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Hybrid seems like it could be good. A lot more to pay attention to than my current "rotation", but I can see the stars aligning for some pretty good burst, which is an impossibility on my current setup. And, dropping Creeping Terror isn't a big deal. Mediocre DoT with short term root? Meh. Probably still won't do full lightning, either (I mean, c'mon...Deathfield does pretty good damage vs. Thundering blast, and now hits up to 5 people? Yes, please!).
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
03.04.2013 , 05:30 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
Updated my original post to make scheduling ranked a bit easier. Note that there may be some teams that are participating or a still not 100% sure that I did not get a contact person or consent to list that contact person yet. Any other guilds that are interested please list your guilds name and a contact person for scheduling.
Sean, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're trying to do here is pretty awesome. And don't let the other guilds/people who disagree with it stop you.

SEANeD's Avatar


SEANeD
03.04.2013 , 05:55 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
Sean, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're trying to do here is pretty awesome. And don't let the other guilds/people who disagree with it stop you.
Thanks.

ace_boogie's Avatar


ace_boogie
03.04.2013 , 07:54 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
Sean, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're trying to do here is pretty awesome. And don't let the other guilds/people who disagree with it stop you.

Agreed. I solo queued and got in a few games with him one night. Pretty solid player, too.

We (skroobs) ran into a little snag this past weekend, rotating players in and out and being rolled by everyone we played lol... but me and Bhayne will try our hardest to keep us going every Saturday. And hopefully in a few weeks we can hammer out a solid team or as close as we can get.
Retired

sabbrina's Avatar


sabbrina
03.05.2013 , 08:47 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
Thanks.
Chaotic Pixels would like to thank Seane for putting this together. We are slowly but surely re-entering the ranked scene. Thanks to Devil and his crew for opting out of a que for us to que against a scheduled match with Afterlife. I take back MOST of the things i said about you Devil lol