Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzone Development League

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Ranked Warzone Development League

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1
Because theres very few teams queueing for ranked and teams looking to get better either need to resort to premades or get destroyed by the same 2 or 3 top notch guilds, my guild and a few other guilds are starting a ranked warzone program where guilds with good pvpers wanting to do ranked can schedule ranked matches with other guilds with the same goal; to get better. I think this will benefit almost all guilds with pvp aspirations except for the prominent teams like uncensored. I'm not trying to exclude the better ranked teams from ranked warzones, the goal in starting this is to get teams to the point where they can compete at a higher level and want to queue more often. I think by doing this we can prevent super queues and add more teams to the ranked community.
Teams available for scheduling/ contact person
Qdodgers- Seane
Chaotic Pixels- Roxxay
HYDRA- Fadee
Try Hards United- Pillowz
Hail Scroob- Skarr'face
Transcendents- Aard
Afterlife- Lolah/Wane

EnzoForMe
02.19.2013 , 02:09 PM | #2
So I guess you are basically talking about forming kickball again? Good luck, and I hope you get a lot of participation. But don't pick Wednesday or Friday 8 eastern to start playing since this is when unc/ld50 play each other. And my impression is you want to play with less experienced teams in order to improve.
Caprica <The Squirtle Squad>
S-3/S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper, S-2 #1 Solo Gunslinger

LastWizard
02.19.2013 , 02:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
So I guess you are basically talking about forming kickball again? Good luck, and I hope you get a lot of participation. But don't pick Wednesday or Friday 8 eastern to start playing since this is when unc/ld50 play each other. And my impression is you want to play with less experienced teams in order to improve.
^This. Playing Unc/Ld50 is an automatic loss most of the time for a pug group. Getting destroyed by them....not fun...
Ptki-d-Pro-Op
-Fr Multi Spec Assassin
Many of you stumble blindly without someone to hold your leash, bow to me and I may give you purpose.

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 02:22 PM | #4
No, what i'm saying is that for a guild new to ranked to get better, they have to do premades and superqueues. Why not have guilds that want to do ranked play each other in ranked, but schedule it at a time where they are the only 2 teams queuing. This way they can get a competitive game instead of destroying people in regs or getting killed by the 2-3 teams that do ranked consistently.

ComputerSaidNo
02.19.2013 , 02:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
No, what i'm saying is that for a guild new to ranked to get better, they have to do premades and superqueues. Why not have guilds that want to do ranked play each other in ranked, but schedule it at a time where they are the only 2 teams queuing. This way they can get a competitive game instead of destroying people in regs or getting killed by the 2-3 teams that do ranked consistently.
And what happens if one of the teams gets a queue pop against another team (not the scheduled one)? Will you queue dodge or actually compete against another team?
R E D E K

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 02:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ComputerSaidNo View Post
And what happens if one of the teams gets a queue pop against another team (not the scheduled one)? Will you queue dodge or actually compete against another team?
Compete of course, but we would try to schedule them at times where we we're the only 2 teams queueing.

tigershrimps
02.19.2013 , 03:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ComputerSaidNo View Post
lol.. kind of have to with a guild name like that (Qdodgers)... no in all seriousness, take the queue pop. Im sure the intention is for a lot of teams to be queued. There are alot of pvp guilds in our server and if we actually used the intended rating system, this wouldn't be a problem. But to be honest though, I am a little skeptical if this is going to succeed or not. The problem in my opinion is in the design of the game itself and in addition, it requires a significant effort in part of the participants to field a ranked team.. There is no real incentive to participate in ranked other than to compete (which is intrinsic and a good philosophy to have) but not enough for most casual players. And add in the factor of the effort of creating a ranked team. What you get is little reward with huge effort from the players. Is it really a surprised that we only see a few serious ranked teams on our server, probably just two (uncensored and ld50)?
L e s s e p s | J u g g e r n a u t
U n i c o r n S t a m p e d e

Amortys
02.19.2013 , 06:10 PM | #8
Truthfully people have to accept that there is always bad teams and good ones, which one you are is only up to you, but you can only get better by playing better teams, to do so you have to leave your ego on the fleet when you take rated pop, which most people don't, they expect to compete with the best when they're newcomers.

1. Switching players every night building no chemistry
If your idea is to bring the same 8man everytime to build up chemistry and picking habit from players you're playing with, it should be fine, if you're just looking to throw a random 8 in there and expect to get better, sorry, it just won't happen.

2. People get butthurt and think only of their ego
When you take a rated pop and you're a newcomer leave your ego on the fleet before pressing ''Join Warzone'', to play ranked is to play as a team, scoreboard is meaningless at the end if all you see is ''Defeated''. Don't think of your rating, don't even worry about it, all you have to worry about is ''What could i've done better this game and get the W''

3. Strategy
Team need to think of a strategy for every map before the game is even started, this isn't regular warzone where you have no control over where people are going, work a strategy with the AC you have and switch spec depending of the map you're in.
Most of the time unexperienced teams are beaten before the 2min marks, if that happen, take note of what the other team did and work a counter for it.

4. Communication
People need to talk and be vocal about EVERYTHING : focus target, focus healing, hard CC, soft CC, incoming to a node and how many ennemies, if you can't talk it will be very hard for people to build chemistry with you, no one can read your mind, so speak up.

5. Game knowledge
Learn every AC in the game, learn every spec in the game, so you can counter them with the proper reaction instead of going with your regular rotation, by doing a lot of duels you will learn the animation of defensive CD and what exactly they do, nothing more funny to me than a carnage marauder using their ravage in the 1st 3 seconds of my saber ward. See what I did? If you don't know what i'm talking about go duel some more.
Why duel? Because you have the chance to see in 1on1 situation defensive and offensive CD in a smooth approach. When you'll get in group battle when someone is using CD you'll know what and what not to do.

6. Cut the fat
At the end of the day when you have worked with those things out and you still find your team losing more than winning, the brutal truth is some people are slacking, which lead you with 2 options :
A) work with them even more
B) look for a better player

Thats just my 2 cents if you guys trully want to improve, that being said, play better to get better, if you want to avoid playing teams like Uncensored or LD, you'll only have a brutal awakening when you do, which will come back to :
2. People get butthurt and think only of their ego.

Want to really be in ranked? Go against anyone, because that queue isn't meant for practice.
Panser
Amortys
Ezkell

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 06:45 PM | #9
Panser I agree with almost everything you said. When I was in TL7 we made a set team and people were butt hurt,we used to talk strat and scout other teams that we thought were queueing that night for 45min- an hour before we queued.( this is right before I left when we started to get pretty good), but in order to get that good we had to practice in outlawz den all the time, and superqueue from time to time with premades running every night. If the guilds looking to do ranked practice against each other where the competition is better then regs, but worse than ranked, I think a lot of guilds can benefit. When we first started out and got destroyed by you guys we weren't getting better. Towards the end of me being in TL7 we got to the point where we were good enough to at least give you guys a game ( if we had our best), but it took months before we got good enough to get to the point where we could even learn from you guys. I think scheduling games is the fastest way to get good if your a team new to ranked. And i'm not saying I would only play teams of even competition. Just once or twice a week getting a few competitive games in would be nice. Tbh I don't like everyone in uncensored, but when I was on mumble last night me and lesseps both agreed that if uncensored wasn't around this server would be way worse off. We would like nothing more than to give you guys a good game, but right now we are not good enough and we don't have enough people in the guild.

EnzoForMe
02.19.2013 , 07:05 PM | #10
Ah I see now. Well for the reasons Panser gave having a consistent team will be better if you are trying to improve enough to play competitively with LD and Unc. Gl.
Caprica <The Squirtle Squad>
S-3/S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper, S-2 #1 Solo Gunslinger