Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Accuracy for PvP


DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
02.21.2013 , 07:29 PM | #21
Cool story bro. Gratz on arguing over wording and not content!

There is no need for silly walls of text and 4 sentence explanations of whether an attack is melee or force.

Yellow = Force, Tech
White = Melee, Ranged

The term "special" is irrelevant when regarding attacks. It doesn't change the category of the attack because that is determined by the presence of yellow or white fly text. Play some PvP and you'd know this. Trying to break down attacks even further by dividing them between special and non-special is pointless and irrelevant.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
02.21.2013 , 11:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Trying to break down attacks even further by dividing them between special and non-special is pointless and irrelevant.
It is very relevant since all melee attacks except 1 are special attacks and they have 10% difference to their accuracy, which makes a huge difference in how much you benefit from accuracy rating. When you are ignoring this you are giving bad "advice" based on false information.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
02.21.2013 , 11:21 PM | #23
But while we are at it, let's take one more irrelevant example, which is not really important.
Quote:
A Marauder's Obfuscate reduces the target's RANGED and MELEE accuracy by 90%.
While not as relevant this does also demonstrate the difference

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that there are certain "special" Melee/Ranged WHITE attacks that are not lowered by 90%?
No.
Are you really saying that you still can't understand what was said, or are you just faking it? Do I really have to explain this?

Ok let's assume that a Marauder and Assassin are dueling and for the sake of simplicity let's also assume that the assassin does not have any accuracy rating in his gear and does not have any other accuracy buff.

What will happen when a Marauder hits the Assassin with Obfuscate?

To answer let us once again compare the 3 attacks I mentioned earlier.

- Saber Strike will have it's accuracy reduced by 90%, and since it starts with 90%, it will effectively go down to 0%. The assassin will not be able to hit anything or anyone with it.

- Thrash will have it's accuracy reduced by 90%. Since it is a special attack that starts from 100%, it's accuracy will go down to 10%. So even though it will then more likely miss than hit, it can still hit someone. It's chance to actually make a hit will be further lowered by the 5% base defense the marauder has, but that still leaves it that remaining 5% chance to hit.

- Spike, being a force attack and not a melee attack, is not affected at all, and will hit normally.

it is another example that shows that there is a difference.

PlagaNerezza's Avatar


PlagaNerezza
02.27.2013 , 01:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
But while we are at it, let's take one more irrelevant example, which is not really important.
While not as relevant this does also demonstrate the difference

No.
Are you really saying that you still can't understand what was said, or are you just faking it? Do I really have to explain this?

Ok let's assume that a Marauder and Assassin are dueling and for the sake of simplicity let's also assume that the assassin does not have any accuracy rating in his gear and does not have any other accuracy buff.

What will happen when a Marauder hits the Assassin with Obfuscate?

To answer let us once again compare the 3 attacks I mentioned earlier.

- Saber Strike will have it's accuracy reduced by 90%, and since it starts with 90%, it will effectively go down to 0%. The assassin will not be able to hit anything or anyone with it.

- Thrash will have it's accuracy reduced by 90%. Since it is a special attack that starts from 100%, it's accuracy will go down to 10%. So even though it will then more likely miss than hit, it can still hit someone. It's chance to actually make a hit will be further lowered by the 5% base defense the marauder has, but that still leaves it that remaining 5% chance to hit.

- Spike, being a force attack and not a melee attack, is not affected at all, and will hit normally.

it is another example that shows that there is a difference.
Yup. Playing my Marauder and I have been pissed cause I thought it was bull when fighting say a Powertech and still getting burned down after reducing acc.

Thought the same you did blood until someone showed me the error of my thoughts in a thread a few months back.

I'd also point out that probability matters. Something with a 90% chance to occur is not the same as you'll miss 10% more. Even though people love to proclaim it to be true.

Its a roll of the dice. Just like people hated the RNG of bag drops. The higher the probability the longer it can take for the math to actually true up. Especially when you start looking at low percentages like sub 10% differences.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄