Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Expertise system

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaweyJones's Avatar


DaweyJones
02.21.2013 , 05:40 AM | #121
dead game is a dead game, end of story

anstalt's Avatar


anstalt
02.21.2013 , 06:36 AM | #122
Yeh, I dont really see this change making much, if any, difference to the ENJOYMENT level of warzones.


Lets face it, at the moment bolster works fine 10-49. People that put in the effort to twink get a minor advantage but that advantage is nothing in comparison to simply being high level and having all your skills!

At level 50, there is no bolster, only a gear gap. There is a gear gap between recruit and war hero, accentuated by the fact that most newbies dont augment their recruit gear. However, a week of grinding warzones and you are in full war hero gear and the gear gap is gone. EWH is barely better than WH. So basically, at 50 there is no gear gap.

The primary problem at 50 is the short time-to-kill that people experience in pug warzones. Newbies attribute this to a massive gear gap but that is simply not the case. EVERYONE suffers from low TTK regardless of gear. What this means is that for new / bad players, the amount of time actually *playing* i.e. having fun is extremely short because they die so quickly. Combine that with CC and new players just dont have fun.


So, whilst I think having a flat expertise value across all sets is a good thing, it isn't actually going to address the core issue regarding new pvpers having fun. They will still get stomped because TTK is very short, they will still blame it on gear because there will still be gear differences and they wont have fun so they wont continue.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Jagangla's Avatar


Jagangla
02.21.2013 , 07:28 AM | #123
I don't want to benefit from this system, I want to have to have fun getting wrecked and wrecking. If I benefit from this system, that means the highest tier is....nothing to shoot for. You say it's a game not work. I guess in Skyrim no one had to put in the time to get to max level. I don't understand, it's a game when it levels and such. If you don't like work, then I bet you never do dailies, b/c thats surely WORK!!!!! Ridiculous, you pick and choose in a game what is work and what is not. Getting rolled while earning your gear is work? Dont play it. Please quit...please for my sake unsub. Im becoming annoyed at people thinking it's an awesome idea b/c simply they are too lazy and dont pay thier dues. I could yell all day that no one starts out as a general, but as a recruit, and no one cares. They want to be insta god mode. GROW UP And if you don't like it UNSUB or dont PvP. Not like we cant find people to PvP anyways, the real soldiers of the game. The ppl who put in the time and effort.
Christyna lvl 50 Operative

Jagangla's Avatar


Jagangla
02.21.2013 , 07:31 AM | #124
Oh and from the PTS, bolster is a mess right now. I hope it stays that way and I hope they cant use it at level 55. *crosses fingers*
Christyna lvl 50 Operative

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
02.21.2013 , 07:41 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DaweyJones View Post
dead game is a dead game, end of story
the game isnt dead lol

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
02.21.2013 , 07:42 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
and yet expertise still doesnt work outside of warzones
yes it does
/10this

cycao's Avatar


cycao
02.21.2013 , 07:55 AM | #127
It also appears that we will need to regrind all our gear. This video was posted on the PoT5 forums and you can see there are a lot of significant stat increases.

DaweyJones's Avatar


DaweyJones
02.21.2013 , 08:00 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
the game isnt dead lol
this is gonna be a GW2 2.0, and we all know what happened with gw, atleast from pvp pov... Im with the poster couple of posts above, IMO like in every good pvp game, you got to do the dirty loundry at first, blood, tears and sweat to get your good gear. Not just handing them over, so new comers won't get rolled so hard.

EDIT: and since no one has exact values of how pve gear will work in pvp, im not gonna go into that, but if it's possible to be decent in pvp with pve gear it just ruins everything, bioware should recruit few guys from blizzard to get some lessons of how to create a good all around game.

islander's Avatar


islander
02.21.2013 , 08:16 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
and yet expertise still doesnt work outside of warzones
LOL, sure it does. There's no possible way I'd crit a sage for 7k on my ambush if it didn't. Just happened again last night. armor debuff --> laze target --> snipe (autocrit) --> expl probe --> ambush (crit)--> follow through (crit) --> dead sage from full health in pve gear
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

islander's Avatar


islander
02.21.2013 , 08:18 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
It also appears that we will need to regrind all our gear. This video was posted on the PoT5 forums and you can see there are a lot of significant stat increases.
Yep. I logged into PTS last night.

I predict a lot of alting going on in the semi-near future. Time to fill up on comms and then chill out.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five