Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Best Trooper DPS Out Put Rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Best Trooper DPS Out Put Rotation

ZGOZZ
02.19.2013 , 08:01 AM | #1
Hi all,

I have seen threads about rotations what's good.
What is the optimal high out put DPS you have been using for raids and boss fights?
What is your average DPS out put with the rotation you are using..

MOX Parser I am putting out abut 1140 DPS in boss fights, like to get higher output.

ChicagoBearsFan
02.19.2013 , 04:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ZGOZZ View Post
Hi all,

I have seen threads about rotations what's good.
What is the optimal high out put DPS you have been using for raids and boss fights?
What is your average DPS out put with the rotation you are using..

MOX Parser I am putting out abut 1140 DPS in boss fights, like to get higher output.
Are you commando or vanguard and what tree are you speced in?

I spec in both heals and DPS as a commando and have a gear set for both. I use the gunnery tree for boss fights and with MOX parser am putting out 1400-1500 Average DPS for the fight. This is on par with the sent, shadow, and guardian DPS in our raid group, all similarly geared.

With out knowing your build, the only things I can say is make sure you have the proper balance of stats. This forum has related posts for each class/spec. Rearrange and replace your gear modifications accordingly. Use the mods and enhancements that boost CRIT/ACC/POW/SURG Over END and AIM. (non-lettered ones)

Learn and practice the best rotations for your spec. Some skills buff or proc effects for other skills following it. Not doing proper rotations can drop your DPS significantly.

Hope this helps.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Khevar
02.20.2013 , 07:46 PM | #3
Without knowing your build, it's hard to talk specific rotations or priority lists.

However, I do have some general suggestions for you.

1. One of the character preferences is called "Action Ability Queue." It defines how far ahead can you queue up the next ability. I believe it defaults to 0.5 seconds, with a max of 1.0 seconds. I always set mine at 1.0 and I hit the next action ability during the global cooldown of the previous ability.

This reduces the delay between actions and over a longer fight you can get quite a bit more done. As well, sometimes server lag can kill your rotation. But if you've pre-queued the next ability the server can still fire it off on time.

2. If you're not using your energy-regen abilities (Reserve Powercell and Recharge Cells), you will be spending too much time using Hammer Shot to keep your energy up. They are seldom needed during trash fights, so it is easy to forget about using them. On longer-duration boss fights, they made a significant difference.

3. Non-instant abilities can either cost energy at the beginning of the channel (e.g. Full Auto) or at the end of a cast (e.g. Grav Round). This can affect the decision as to what ability to use next. Let's say I've dipped below 60% energy. I hit Reserve Powercell and cast Grav Round x 2. The first one is free, the second one doesn't consume energy until the end of the cast. This gives me 3 full seconds to regen back into the safe zone.

Hope this helps.