Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mental and Physical effects

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mental and Physical effects

rickochey
02.19.2013 , 05:04 AM | #1
Currently working on a Cleansing guide, but i have come across a bump in the road in regards to mental and physical effects. At the moment i have identified leg shot and cauterize as physical effects but not to sure about any more mental effects on that note. Anyone know if these are aimed more towards PVE? or whether i have missed a few abilities...
- Cheers
Tinksy

Nothematic
02.19.2013 , 05:11 AM | #2
Crushing Darkness (and Creeping Terror?) and their Republic counterparts.
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Tankqull
02.19.2013 , 05:14 AM | #3
mind maze(its assasin pendant) is mental
mind crush, weaken mind(") aswell if i remember correct. "mind" within the abilitys name is an indicator - even though its not allways correct - to identify mental abilitys.

rickochey
02.19.2013 , 05:26 AM | #4
None of the dots used by sage or in the balance (madness) tree count as mental effects.. I am trying this out with other healers on our server atm and no dice... BIOWARE please explain :\
Tinksy

Enexemander
02.19.2013 , 05:27 AM | #5
Mezs are mental effects. Out of combat mezs by operatives and assassins, concussive shot from mercenaries, and awe by knights are all mez effects (of course their counter class abilities count as the same).

To test any of these effects, use them on an NPC and mouse over the icon that shows up. It will tell you what type of effect it is.

[edit] Flash Bang from Snipers is a tech effect, however.

[edit2] The immobilize from Sever Force is a Force Effect, as is the dot itself.

Nothematic
02.19.2013 , 05:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rickochey View Post
None of the dots used by sage or in the balance (madness) tree count as mental effects.. I am trying this out with other healers on our server atm and no dice... BIOWARE please explain :\
Odd.. I've wiped mind crush on my sorcerer in PVP before o.O
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

SpoeMeister
02.19.2013 , 05:29 AM | #7
IIRC Flashbang and Flashgrenade (8 sec mezz from agent and smuggler) are mental effects.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Enexemander
02.19.2013 , 05:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
IIRC Flashbang and Flashgrenade (8 sec mezz from agent and smuggler) are mental effects.
Nope. They are tech effects. I just tested it in game.

Enexemander
02.19.2013 , 05:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Odd.. I've wiped mind crush on my sorcerer in PVP before o.O
That's because mind crush is a [Force] effect, and sorcerers can cleanse them by default.

rickochey
02.19.2013 , 05:35 AM | #10
Thanks for the help guys but i have tried all the suggested CCs and none class as mental or physical as me and my friend (scoundral) cant cleanse any of the same 2 CCs. I am starting to think they are more PVE focused.
Tinksy