Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

pvp hack sadness


dasKube's Avatar


dasKube
02.18.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1
So i was in a Denova this evening where the empire side had two nodes capped before the prep gates even opened. I noticed a specific well known empire pvp guild had at least 4 players in the game, but as i have no proof they were the ones hacking i will not name them.
Unfortunate as I have no interest in playing pvp matches unbalanced in this way. Sadly it takes away any enjoyment out of the game for me and i will be queing for less pvp matches in the future and dropping anytime i see this guild.
"Evil 'round every corner. Careful not to step in any."
Smidge- lvl 50 sage
and many many many alts

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
02.18.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by dasKube View Post
So i was in a Denova this evening where the empire side had two nodes capped before the prep gates even opened. I noticed a specific well known empire pvp guild had at least 4 players in the game, but as i have no proof they were the ones hacking i will not name them.
Unfortunate as I have no interest in playing pvp matches unbalanced in this way. Sadly it takes away any enjoyment out of the game for me and i will be queing for less pvp matches in the future and dropping anytime i see this guild.
pics or it didnt happen

Brewkrew's Avatar


Brewkrew
02.18.2013 , 06:06 PM | #3
edit: nevermind

Dedrayge's Avatar


Dedrayge
02.18.2013 , 07:53 PM | #4
Man, that sucks...I was on my jugg one WZ and somehow someone on my team managed to have south capped the second the WZ started. Not sure if's a hack or just people taking advantage of a glitch that lets them out early. Regardless, it definitely ruins PVP for everyone.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Kil-Gorbane's Avatar


Kil-Gorbane
02.19.2013 , 11:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
pics or it didnt happen
I'll vouch for Smidge. He isn't one to recklessly throw around accusations like that.
Olin Honos Cailleech Coolio | Draconis Nargal
<The Gray Order>

MarckMorgan's Avatar


MarckMorgan
02.19.2013 , 11:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dedrayge View Post
Man, that sucks...I was on my jugg one WZ and somehow someone on my team managed to have south capped the second the WZ started. Not sure if's a hack or just people taking advantage of a glitch that lets them out early. Regardless, it definitely ruins PVP for everyone.
Ive seen this happen too. I believe folks in my group put a ticket in. It sucks but its not going to stop me from pvp'g. It really doesnt happen enough to ruin mine or my friends good time. We mostly laught about it and try to report when we see it.
Mharck Morgan
Shadow Dragons

Miquiztli's Avatar


Miquiztli
02.19.2013 , 11:44 AM | #7
I've only seen someone outside the gate pre-game in Novare once. They were just doing the usual pre-game jumping around when their toon started sliding through the gate. They were nice enough to wait for the game to start before moving though.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
02.19.2013 , 12:58 PM | #8
Sad.

On the other hand, I know most of the top guilds know HOW to do this and just refrain from doing it. So, really, probably someone was goofing around. It isn't ranked.

On the other hand, Novarre Coast has been pretty wacky lately. I had a match end with a victory when we only had one node. So it could be totally unrelated to a player using the glitch.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Itchy_Bum's Avatar


Itchy_Bum
02.20.2013 , 03:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Sad.

On the other hand, I know most of the top guilds know HOW to do this and just refrain from doing it. So, really, probably someone was goofing around. It isn't ranked.

On the other hand, Novarre Coast has been pretty wacky lately. I had a match end with a victory when we only had one node. So it could be totally unrelated to a player using the glitch.
If you lose the node when other team is at 2%, normally the gun from the node you still have will penetrate the bunkers shield with its next blast and end the game, been in a few of those ones.

Oh and if you know how to do it, probably a good idea to report it, they may get it fixed... by 2.7 patch.
Ivan 55 guard Bob_buffet 55 merc Yuliya-jr 55 mando Yuliya 55 scound Bodacious 55 sorc Ivanocha 55 Shad Cranky_pants 55 jugg El-Pollo-Loco 55 snip Mainwaring vg Itchy-bum guardian

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
02.20.2013 , 11:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Itchy_Bum View Post
If you lose the node when other team is at 2%, normally the gun from the node you still have will penetrate the bunkers shield with its next blast and end the game, been in a few of those ones.

Oh and if you know how to do it, probably a good idea to report it, they may get it fixed... by 2.7 patch.
I believe I was the first person to figure this out, happened by chance a way while back. I've reported it several times without a response.