Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Quick Q's Re-- PvP and Gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some Quick Q's Re-- PvP and Gear

midianlord
02.18.2013 , 02:41 PM | #1
So I recently 50'ed another toon --BH/Merc/Arsenal, pretty much full damage-build-- and got the Recruit box. That gear set is really cool-looking, but in practical terms, it's...well, a bit lacking.

So I been grinding up the WZ comms, and can afford a few pieces of better, but I notice:

1) A lot of the next tier of gear costs me a lot of Power and/or Crit rating --do I want to lose this if it means improving Expertise regardless?

2) I find that I get the least stats-loss if I mix 2 pieces of Eliminator and 2 pieces of Combat Tech gear, and that both sets have boni for equipping both two and four pieces. If I have two of each then will I get both sets' 2-piece boni, or just one? If the latter, then which one?

3) Why is WH gear so bloody ugly???!! (The Tionese PvE gear I got when 50'ed is even worse. Ugh!)

Thanks, all.

jjmartin
02.18.2013 , 02:47 PM | #2
The best answer is don't worry about the stat itemization in stock WH gear.

You're going to need to buy a lot of duplicate pieces (or some from other classes) to get the mods and enhancements you want, so look at the pieces in terms of the mods, etc, that they carry - don't bother considering the pieces as a whole.

My advice to solve your concerns is:
a) Get the full WH set
b) Then start buying pieces for individual mods in them

In terms of appearance, find some orange gear you like and put all of the mods in there. Set bonuses are tied to the armorings, so any orange gear will work.

cycao
02.18.2013 , 02:50 PM | #3
Step one, find out which set bonus is best for your build.

Step two, acquire said set bonus.

Step three, upon completion of step two begin to min/max (removing all the **** mods/enhancements like high endurance low power etc and replacing them with high power or crit).

Step four, for the love of god augment your gear.

Optional step five, WH set bonuses is bound to the armoring so use w/e custom gear you want.

cultivatedmass
02.18.2013 , 03:02 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Step one, find out which set bonus is best for your build.

Step two, acquire said set bonus.

Step three, upon completion of step two begin to min/max (removing all the **** mods/enhancements like high endurance low power etc and replacing them with high power or crit).

Step four, for the love of god augment your gear.

Optional step five, WH set bonuses is bound to the armoring so use w/e custom gear you want.
augment before you min/max. preferably right after you get a piece.

augmenting is he biggest bonus you will ever get.