Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing to endless load screen.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashing to endless load screen.

Bumper
02.18.2013 , 12:18 PM | #1
I've been Crashing to a load screen, and the progress bar does not move after a set point.
The Harbinger
Kor'jax
its happens while getting in game mail, as well as walking to a mission, in addition to talking to a quest npc
its also happened to one of my other characters while i was moving item around in my inventory
I've tried to let the bar progress( ie I took a 20 minute trip to the store, or i went and made lunch)
and since its not dropping to desktop it does not count a error in the Dx file

SlyDeathTrap
02.18.2013 , 12:25 PM | #2
I have been getting this error as well. Some days it happens quite frequently, others not so much. Regardless, it is very frustrating. It happens during mundane tasks more often than not, but it has happened at the end of FP's cinematics resulting in a non-completion and having to re-queue so often that I have simply just stopped queuing for FP's. A bummer to say the least...
SWG ruled everything around me.
Koti Skyrunner - Fencer/Pistoleer/TKM (Medic after CU) - Bria
Dilemmachine - Smuggler/Dark Jedi - Bria
SlyDeathTrap' - Bounty Hunter/Commando - Bria

manoface
02.18.2013 , 02:39 PM | #3
I too have this issue. It would happen if I was not doing anything, if I was fighting or just traversing a planet. Happens on multiple characters.

edit: happening since 1.7
"Sarcasm is just another free service I offer."
AoF err XCorps now
Nok since 2005

Himeji_Endless
02.18.2013 , 03:58 PM | #4
I've had that happen w/ a lot of frequency lately ... BW will not acknowledge this issue and will always blame us for this problem that seems to be affecting a large number of people. Its NEVER their programming or servers!

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

Arcanephilosophy
02.18.2013 , 04:21 PM | #5
I'm with you guys. happens 2 or 3 times an hour for me. GW2 is on my horizon I think.

Jereth_Haldane
02.18.2013 , 07:37 PM | #6
It's been happening to me too. It's even happened while I was in combat. By the time I can log back in I'm dead and have to revive. This problem has cost me thousands of credits in repairs. It happened today during a world Boss fight on Illum. By the time I logged back on the Boss was dead, everyone was gone, including the drops except for the Gree rep trophy.

Piemole
02.18.2013 , 08:27 PM | #7
This is happening to me too.

Only been happening since 1.7

I get a massive lag spike then it comes good, then it spikes again and crashes out to a load screen that stops at about 30%. Only thing I can do is tab out and manually close the program.

Doesn't seem to happen in any place in particular but it happened last night in a raid 3 time s and cost my guild thousands in repair costs.

Not very pleased.

Xerain
02.18.2013 , 08:29 PM | #8
Every time I go afk and the game auto logs me out or I lose connection I sit at a load screen for infinity too.

TheCorey
02.22.2013 , 11:26 PM | #9
I too have been having this problem. It started a few days ago. I can go 15- 45 min before the game stops working. I can usually log back on w/o trouble. Sometimes it works okay for awhile before crashing again. Sometimes, I have to restart my PC and then get back to it. I feel your frustration. May go back to KoTOR and KoTOR 2 for awhile.

OwenBrooks
02.22.2013 , 11:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCorey View Post
I too have been having this problem. It started a few days ago. I can go 15- 45 min before the game stops working. I can usually log back on w/o trouble. Sometimes it works okay for awhile before crashing again. Sometimes, I have to restart my PC and then get back to it. I feel your frustration. May go back to KoTOR and KoTOR 2 for awhile.
The issue is you get disconnected, the bug(yes this is a bug) is a never ending load screen on disconnect, the question is why are you disconnecting.