Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vengeance vs Powertech

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vengeance vs Powertech

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
02.18.2013 , 03:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ThanatCZ View Post
So Vengeance have compatible and consistent dmg of all time ..
pyrotech have only burst dmg over 2 minutes ? understand i good ?
The jug wins in a clean 1v1. While its defensive CD's aren't as good as a sentinals it can still survive long enough to kill the glass cannon PT. Mez them PT through half of its only defensive CD. Jugg then staggers defensive cds, 30% slow isn't good enough to kite the jug between 5-10m which used to be the only way to PTs to handle any warrior AC pre snare nerf.

ThanatCZ's Avatar


ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 03:50 PM | #22
Ok understand , thanks

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
02.18.2013 , 04:48 PM | #23
It honestly all comes down to the PTs defensive shield. I've played vengeance jugg and vig guardian long enough to know that I'm losing no matter what if SW is down and they have reactive shield.

They have reactive shield up more than you'll have SW up, but with the right timed force push you can negate that being important. I've never lost a 1v1 to a PT when we both had all of our cool downs.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

ThanatCZ's Avatar


ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 05:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
It honestly all comes down to the PTs defensive shield. I've played vengeance jugg and vig guardian long enough to know that I'm losing no matter what if SW is down and they have reactive shield.

They have reactive shield up more than you'll have SW up, but with the right timed force push you can negate that being important. I've never lost a 1v1 to a PT when we both had all of our cool downs.

That sounds interesting , so like vengeance you always win without troubles ?

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
02.18.2013 , 05:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ThanatCZ View Post
That sounds interesting , so like vengeance you always win without troubles ?
The mistake most vengeance juggs will make is ravaging after leaping. That works 7/10 times, but not on pyro PTs. You need to use your first stun immunity to get your snare, overhead slash and shatter off. Then he will stun and create distance, then you force scream, push, ravage. If he uses shield you will need to recast snare.

Like I said, this fight isn't really close w/ saber ward but without it you need to play perfectly.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

ThanatCZ's Avatar


ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 05:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
The mistake most vengeance juggs will make is ravaging after leaping. That works 7/10 times, but not on pyro PTs. You need to use your first stun immunity to get your snare, overhead slash and shatter off. Then he will stun and create distance, then you force scream, push, ravage. If he uses shield you will need to recast snare.

Like I said, this fight isn't really close w/ saber ward but without it you need to play perfectly.

thank you your experiences are for me very useful

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 07:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ThanatCZ View Post
So Vengeance have compatible and consistent dmg of all time ..
pyrotech have only burst dmg over 2 minutes ? understand i good ?
They have really really really good burst damage with a 2 minute cooldown, otherwise their damage is mediocre (about as good as vengeance).
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
02.18.2013 , 07:47 PM | #28
No, in a 1v1 the advantage goes to a pyrotech. Explosive fuel is virtual crit guarantee on every ability fired in 15 seconds. The amount of damage they can do in this period is insane and it bypasses all the armor of vengeance. Also they have 2 hard stuns where as the vengeance jug has no hard stuns.

Now an immortal / vengeance hybrid vs a powertech is a different story. This spec has stupid high survivability and can survive the pyrotechs burst.

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 08:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
No, in a 1v1 the advantage goes to a pyrotech. Explosive fuel is virtual crit guarantee on every ability fired in 15 seconds. The amount of damage they can do in this period is insane and it bypasses all the armor of vengeance. Also they have 2 hard stuns where as the vengeance jug has no hard stuns.

Now an immortal / vengeance hybrid vs a powertech is a different story. This spec has stupid high survivability and can survive the pyrotechs burst.
No, recklessness is virtual crit guaranteed, and that's more than twice the bonus of expl fuel. Expl fuel is just a nice move that increases overall dps withing the period by a lot. Vengeance has choke as a hard stun (Chhanaled D, and there's a 1.5sec - 2 sec knockdown (stun) connected to push.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
02.18.2013 , 08:18 PM | #30
Oh it's just a "nice" bonus ... rotfl. With the extra crit added to tech and flame from the pyrotech and AP tree and the 15% railshot crit set bonus coupled with a decent base crit chance and its virtual guaranteed crit. Don't even bother compariing recklessness to explosive fuel. Explosive fuel ***** all over recklessness and the damage bonus it gives is massive.