Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance vs Powertech

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vengeance vs Powertech

ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 07:25 AM | #1
Hi!
please what you mean about PvP vengeance vs powertech ?
i play both of them and i think , that powertech have better dmg but vengeance have more chance to survive
what you mean abaout that ?

Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 07:59 AM | #2
Powertechs are considered better because they have quick damage, while vengeance has stable damage. If you wanna kill someone quickly, you need quick damage.

Vengeance definitely has more defensive CDs than a powertech, so yes it does have more survivability, utility, and mobility with its leaps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 09:33 AM | #3
Ok but in duel .. who of this have more chance % to win ?

If they have same armor etc i mean chance win through abilities and dmg

itsmymillertime
02.18.2013 , 10:12 AM | #4
Its pretty RNG, Vengance and Pyrotech rely on procs to do more damage (Ravage / Rail Shot), but the Juggernaut has more control mechanics than the Powertech, I can see the Juggernaut winning most of the time.

ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 10:33 AM | #5
Yes that true , thats why i ask .. i see many movies with duel powertech vs vengeance .. and its 8:2 for Vengeance but also is true that vengeance still some 1000hp and less but he win

like in this movie at 3 : 08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzD_KmFQgM

Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 10:48 AM | #6
Well, vigilance is pretty decent for 1on1 I guess since they don't put too many eggs in once basket. A class like a sniper, usually, will be putting all they can into damage, so they can't do anything alone, but with a good team they are a god. Engineer spec, though, makes a sniper very durable, and their offensive and defensive cooldowns make them very good for 1v1 bursts. The fact that the jugg's defensive CDs are so good yet on high cooldown makes them good for 1 on 1.
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.

ThanatCZ
02.18.2013 , 11:02 AM | #7
So if i understand jugg is better for 1v1 PvP in enter world but Powertech is good DPS on PvP like WZ ?

Because when i play WZ like Powertech i have good dmg and i have very much kills ... but also very much death ( not much but more that when i play like jugg)
When i play jugg my dmg is not so monster like powertech but i have constantly on good dmg , good kills and little dies

in world when i meet Jedi i have problem with powertech is harder dmg is good but i think that i am so weak ...
like vengeance in world 1v1 and 1v2 i have more chance and fight is no that chaotic and i often win

NogueiraA
02.18.2013 , 11:22 AM | #8
If powertech knows how to avoid the 4sec immunity Vengeance will lose.
Powertech can OMG burst and has 2 stuns.

Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 11:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ThanatCZ View Post
So if i understand jugg is better for 1v1 PvP in enter world but Powertech is good DPS on PvP like WZ ?

Because when i play WZ like Powertech i have good dmg and i have very much kills ... but also very much death ( not much but more that when i play like jugg)
When i play jugg my dmg is not so monster like powertech but i have constantly on good dmg , good kills and little dies

in world when i meet Jedi i have problem with powertech is harder dmg is good but i think that i am so weak ...
like vengeance in world 1v1 and 1v2 i have more chance and fight is no that chaotic and i often win
Depends on the team. Powertechs will be doing more damage than vengeance and have less survivability, so in a warzone with teammates taking damage for you, powrtech would be better. Note that Rage spec for jugger is generally thought of as being better than pyro spec.

UGLYMRJ
02.18.2013 , 11:26 AM | #10
Long story short...

In a 1v1 vengeance SHOULD beat a PT with more defensive abilities and utility to control the fight, but a pyro PT is far more viable in PvP for it's burst and high damage out put.