Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you get people to listen to you in warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How do you get people to listen to you in warzones?

Zakaan
02.18.2013 , 06:48 AM | #1
I've a lot of passion for pick-up battlegrounds and warzones but throughout all my years the absolute biggest issue is the lack of cooperation. I can post tactics, mark HVTs, call out game-saving orders and display the meaning of life across their screen but no one ever seems to care. I get nothing. Marked targets go unscathed, nodes go undefended on defense or unmolested on offense and I feel as though I'm surrounded by tunnel-visioning killbots with no regard for anything but red-colored nameplates and the act of smashing their keyboard as hard as possible until they die, resurrect, and jump blindly back into the fray to do it all over again.

Hell, I'd even like someone to call me a complete moron and tell me that we should do X or Y instead. At least that means someone cares about what they're doing. There seems to be a blatant and completely intentional lack of concern for anything other than blaster to saber action in warzones. Players don't care whether or not they're directly responsible for their team's loss as they get to throw themselves at that damnable operative/powertech/juggernaut trio that they've tried their hand in killing 4 times in a row. They just don't seem to care about anyone else besides themselves even though they're in a game in which player to player interaction is its lifeblood.

How do you change that with nothing but words?

Ycoga
02.18.2013 , 06:56 AM | #2
They're bots.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Pheros
02.18.2013 , 06:56 AM | #3
I generally try being extremely positive, upbeat, attempt being funny, etc... and it doesn't always work. There are some people that are just as daft as they come, or just plainly do not care. When that happens, I usually resort to verbalizing the situation a little more "strongly."

Overall, you're never going to get certain people to listen in WZs.

heechJunzi
02.18.2013 , 08:47 AM | #4
If its lowbies, forget about it.

If its 50+, you have to lead from the front. If you're a dominant player you'll get attention. If you're a mediocre recruit, you'll get ignored even if you are the next coming of Alexander.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Thulcondar
02.18.2013 , 09:06 AM | #5
People play PVP for different reasons. Not going to change that much, I fear. The one I hate is the healer who sits there healing themselves over and over just to get more medals regardless of what is going on around them. Nothing you can do but drive on. You aren't going to change them.
Remnants of Hope/Vestige of Despair
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP

Arlanon
02.18.2013 , 11:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakaan
I've a lot of passion for pick-up battlegrounds and warzones but throughout all my years the absolute biggest issue is the lack of cooperation. I can post tactics, mark HVTs, call out game-saving orders and display the meaning of life across their screen but no one ever seems to care. I get nothing. Marked targets go unscathed, nodes go undefended on defense or unmolested on offense and I feel as though I'm surrounded by tunnel-visioning killbots with no regard for anything but red-colored nameplates and the act of smashing their keyboard as hard as possible until they die, resurrect, and jump blindly back into the fray to do it all over again.

Hell, I'd even like someone to call me a complete moron and tell me that we should do X or Y instead. At least that means someone cares about what they're doing. There seems to be a blatant and completely intentional lack of concern for anything other than blaster to saber action in warzones. Players don't care whether or not they're directly responsible for their team's loss as they get to throw themselves at that damnable operative/powertech/juggernaut trio that they've tried their hand in killing 4 times in a row. They just don't seem to care about anyone else besides themselves even though they're in a game in which player to player interaction is its lifeblood.

How do you change that with nothing but words?
Ritalin.

i can't reach through the screen and make them take it though unfortunately

UGLYMRJ
02.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #7
You don't.... you queue up and pray that the people on your team have a basic understanding of the game.

Spoiler

sauerkraut
02.18.2013 , 12:15 PM | #8
Mission Impossible!

murkin
02.18.2013 , 12:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
You don't.... you queue up and pray that the people on your team have a basic understanding of the game.

Spoiler
What Ugly said.

Don't waste your time typing because at that point you're just wasting your own time. I used to be just like you when the game first came out and quickly learned that the most effective way to improve your chances of winning is to learn to read a map quickly and anticipate the opposing teams next move. Learn to numlock while running, keep sentences short to 2-4 words.

gg,gl,hf

DarthOvertone
02.18.2013 , 12:16 PM | #10
Pro-Tip: If they're not in TS/Mumble/Vent with you...then they're not listening.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!