Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quickest way to make credits low level and at level 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Quickest way to make credits low level and at level 50

FatalOverseer
02.17.2013 , 10:02 PM | #1
Ive been using my main level 50 marruader to crack up the credits by doing some of the dailies in section x and black hole, but ive found that even though it is very good credits for 2-3hrs tops it isnt as much as i was hoping to earn in that time.

Plus the fact im trying to gear my newly made level 18 merc its hard to keep his gear up to date when my credit income isnt really that great, any simple advice on the best way to achive this would be super helpful

NemainSWE
02.17.2013 , 11:47 PM | #2
The dalies on Ilum gives you more credits than BH and SX if I'm not mistaken.
(The regular ones, not the gree event ones).
Thayce - 50 Mercenary
Thayse - 50 Assassin
-The Sovo Legacy-
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Darkscis
02.17.2013 , 11:55 PM | #3
What exactly are you trying to gear a level 18 in that costs more than you make from the dailies?

RixoFutu
02.18.2013 , 12:11 AM | #4
One run BH + Section X that's how much? About 100k? And that is not enought to gear you little lvl18? Bad joke
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Jeweledleah
02.18.2013 , 12:43 AM | #5
Illum dailies not counting heroic usually take me about half an hour and result in 80k+ (I pick up and vendor greens/grays). black hole dailies - about same in both time and credits... with heroic it takes longer, but I rarely do it more then once a week, solely to finish the weekly for coms. section x is once a week affair for me, again for coms, so i don't count it much in income. unless you are buying specific looking orange gear for your lvl 18, most decent shells can be had for 10k or less per. mods are pretty cheap too even if you don't have a crafter. so unless you are one of the unlucky people who is eating overly high repair bills due to the shells you are using? or trying to buy rare expensive stuff? dailies IMO are far easier then other sources. mostly because I feel like playing GTN requires server specific research before it bears good results.

FatalOverseer
02.18.2013 , 03:03 AM | #6
Im trying to buy the exalted gear from the vendor on. Dromund kass

JuntaKast
02.18.2013 , 03:48 AM | #7
Run all the dailes you can easily solo for Section X, Black Hole, and illum. It never hurts to post that you are LFG for the heroics when you first get there when you are about halfway through and once more before you go, just to see if you can get a group going. Also the one that too many people leave out is space missions, that is an easy way to make 100k or more if you do the Bonus Missions on them. When I did this a few months back I made 2 million credits in about 6 days that is with no HM FP's or PVP, I was actually tracking this with just dailies and space missions to see how much I could pull off. Buyer beware on the ship parts on your server though, I made them for myself(talking about the rank 6 ones) but see if you can hook up with a buddy or guildmate that has cybertech. I generally post the parts for cheap on Begeren Colony, empire side, character name Oriat. I haven't done so in a while sadly been leveling too many other characters. I should get cracking on that again though.
Listen, then speak, learn, then teach, open your mind, then your mouth.

YoogBogdan
02.18.2013 , 06:05 AM | #8
Here you have nice brackedown of how, whare, what and how much you can earn. If one have no life so he can do all dailies, flashpoints, space missions every day he can earn 2,5 mill in a week. That should be enough for gearing up
http://goo.gl/OokjS

AsheraII
02.18.2013 , 06:39 AM | #9
For gearing up your alts:
It helps a LOT if you can craft the mods for their gear yourself, so you'll really want a high leveled Cybertech and Artificer early on. With those two, you can keep your characters very well geared throughout their storyline.

Yes, you can use comms to get those, but I found that comms generally favor the endurance-heavy version of mods and armorings, and if you happen to outlevel the planet you're doing, then the mods you can buy for those comms will be lower level than you are as well. They're good enough to progress through your class story, so I'd consider them well geared, but making your own blue mods for the appropriate characterlevel will give better results and turn you very well geared. If you pick the purple variety to craft, you'll find yourself even better geared than that.

Now, even as I can craft all my mods myself, I don't make them all. I just upgrade the gear of my alts every few levels, but in Purples.
For example, at lvl 29, I outfitted one of my smugglers with Advanced Skill Armoring 12. That armoring will last me till lvl 37, where there's finally a green armoring with better performance: Skill Armoring 16. So that's where I replace it: my cybertech researched that last one, and at lvl 37, my smuggler gets a full set of Advanced Skill Armoring 16, which will again last for many levels.

Same with the mods. Advanced Skill mod 12 at lvl 29, only to be replaced by Advanced Skill Mod 16 at lvl 37. Apart from the purples, there simply isn't anything radically better inbetween. The blue Skill Mod 14 at lvl 33 has 1 point more of cunning, but that isn't a really noticable amount, even for 9 pieces of moddable equipment it hardly adds up.

So once every 8 levels, my characters are geared just about perfectly, and yes, I do take care of their augments and enhancements as well. My 50s can easily afford gathering all the resources required, I just occasionally grab a stack of rare materials from the GTN when I see a bargain, but most of the time it's much cheaper to gather them myself. The last level before all the stuff gets replaced, the gear may no longer be classified as optimal, but it's still more than adequate, since it's comparable to the green gear of that level, which IS adequate for most (if not all) content of their level.

Meanwhile, my crafters gather a nice amount of materials for crafting blue-grade modifications, which I occasionally use up to make some extra credits on the side making blue mid-level mods (which I reserched anyway) and selling those on the GTN, which brings in plenty revenue to gather more materials and get the purple materials needed for future alts. There isn't a big market for mid-level mods, but it's there, and it's just big enough to sustain my crafting and gathering for alts.

Now my alts do have a lot of planet commendations. I use those on prototype boxes, and have them sell the contents on the GTN, though sometimes I keep the items for customization instead.
. . . . . . ĥ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##ŻŻ(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==ŻŻŻŻŻ|####/ŻŻ

LadyKohastFel
02.18.2013 , 07:38 AM | #10
Play the GTN, buy low and sell high.

Once you have a suitable amount of starting capital you can make an absolute killing on the GTN.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.