Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Non-geared players in Gree Event

ChicagoBearsFan
02.20.2013 , 08:31 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiyanbob View Post

Yes, the game needs casuals to survive but coddle-ling to the demands of under geared players who are effectively asking someone else to use the fruits of their labor (IE: Gear or Knowledge) to compensate for their lack there of would create a social standard in which instant gratification is the norm and hard work is not rewarded. That's not the type of game that SHOULD survive.
I think you bring up an excellent point. Sadly this is a microcosm of our society, where people believe they are ENTITLED to the same reward as those who work hard, spend time, and EARN it.

It's a game, its a good game, but it requires a lot of time to gear up to the highest levels. Unfortunately there are always going to be people who can't or don't want to put in that time to complete the necessary steps that will allow them opportunity for the reward they seek. They want the short cut, regardless if it comes at the expense of others.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
Beŗrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

hobbesmaster
02.20.2013 , 09:02 AM | #32
I will sympathise with this post because I was kicked from a group last night for being under geared.

My marauder has over 1700 strength, one campaign armoring and the rest rakata, columi MH, BH OH, BH implants and DG relics. Seriously?

Khevar
02.20.2013 , 09:36 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by hobbesmaster View Post
I will sympathise with this post because I was kicked from a group last night for being under geared.

My marauder has over 1700 strength, one campaign armoring and the rest rakata, columi MH, BH OH, BH implants and DG relics. Seriously?
An operation or world boss? Which?

hobbesmaster
02.20.2013 , 09:43 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
An operation or world boss? Which?
16M xeno HM - that's what this thread is about right.

mikebevo
02.20.2013 , 10:07 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by afterdar View Post
Ultimately, people play the game to have fun and the people who own the game run it to make money. Once the game becomes more work than real work to play, most people will opt for other activities. As for myself, being a casual player and a subscriber, the game is starting to become more trouble than it is worth. Endlessly grinding for gear is becoming an exercise in diminishing returns. Also, the gree gear and weapons do not appear to me to be worth the effort? In any case, it remains to be seen if the game is viable in the long term without casual players such as myself.
If gear is not one of your priorities, then why worry about the gree event? The entire reason I am doing it (even doing the PVP section which I loathe) is to get a lightsaber, because it is bound to legacy, meaning I can ship hilts between toons. Those players not around for other events may need the armor and blasters to. However I have those covered.

From my experience, gear is ridiculously easy to get in this game. Besides the Dread Guard Relics, I havenít really grind that much myself and with Section X daily comms reward even that is fast and easy to accomplish. I have 4 toons at level 50 and all 4 are Campaign/Black Hole geared or better, only one is in a progression team which is a sawbones. That may be the difference; Tanks and Healers may have an easier job gearing up alts and less of a grind, because they can actually get into Operations, Flashpoints and Events faster than DPS. Funny thing is I did 8-man SM Xeno and HM Xeno last week, and neither was on my main sawbones, but she was the reason my sentinel and shadow were geared well enough to go.

The columi hilt would concern some in HM, sure that would cause some to take a second look at the rest of your gear. Did they have other marauders? If they didnít have at least few others, I would have fought for you for no other reason than Bloodthirst during the core phase.

haliy
02.20.2013 , 10:20 AM | #36
Directly speaking about undergeard players that think they are geared enough for Xenoanalyst, I joined in a pug group last night in a 16m HM with my shadow as one of the tanks (Even though you really only need 2 tanks, this group decided to go with 3 so we could have the 3rd tank pick up the adds while the other 2 tanks focused on the tank swaps).

While the group was filling, I noticed that one of the players only had 15.6k hp. After inspecting him, he was wearing a mix of 49 greens, 47 blues and tionese. After questioning them, he said that they were in an earlier team and had no problems. After telling him the reason he had no problems was because he was carried threw the entire thing, he started chastising me and a bunch of others saying they didn't know what they were talking about... Needless to say he was kicked from the group.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ KŠja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Grimsblood
02.20.2013 , 10:26 AM | #37
Here is something that I do not understand. Why are there always posts about getting kicked from something due to gear and yet the posters are always up in arms thinking they are geared enough? Let us forget the fact that they are or are not and move to simple group mechanics. If the ops leader does not want you in your group, you simple are not entitled to be there.

If the group has set a bar because they want things ran a specific way, respect that and either make your own group with your own rules or join another. I mean, hell guilds do this all the time with recruiting. You don't see post in regards to "I was not allowed to join "x" guild for "x" reason."
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytŗ - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - FenrÓr - Level 55 Gunslinger

hobbesmaster
02.20.2013 , 10:53 AM | #38
A group leader can do whatever they want, but just putting "geared" in chat isn't really specific enough to prevent people from getting confused.

Gyronamics
02.20.2013 , 11:21 AM | #39
Simple answer is to make your own ops group.

You can then be in charge of whatever grief, delays and general time wasting you do or do not want to be part of.

If the ops leader wants to play it safe then they will go for minimum risk, if your gear is something the ops leader is not happy with then that's just tough, its not your call and they are not obliged to take you.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

wainot-keel
02.20.2013 , 11:33 AM | #40
16M xeno HM - that's what this thread is about right.
OP talks about xeno SM