Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith assassin in 1.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith assassin in 1.7

Polymerize's Avatar


Polymerize
02.17.2013 , 03:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkillon View Post
Double strike, project, tele throw, spinning strike, shadow strike, all the stealth abilities, force potency, all the stuns and slows and knockbacks, defensive and offensive cooldowns, force in balance...

I use ~30 skills in every warzone as a shadow/assassin. I had a skilled marauder tell me his shadow uses more buttons than his marauder
Yeah you basically use every ability you have as an Assassin.

But once again, pushing buttons does not make you special. That is not the 'high skill cap' that I am referring to. Someone tell me how to record videos on a crappy computer please? You cannot elaborate on these things through text.

Juusto's Avatar


Juusto
02.17.2013 , 03:33 PM | #22
You all should look that pic a bit more closely. It was ranked match where sheer amount of cc brings dps numbers down alot. both teams had bubble specced healers which slows the pace considerably. Judging by that and knowing the fact that shadow/sins single target dps is just as good as vanguards for example. I would say he made pretty solid dps on that match. Cant judge Any other than that according to screenshot though.
Juusto - Maatuska - Puuppa - Hupsis - Hupsista - Aa-Kee - Giftless
Server : The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Guild : Harbinger

Arkillon's Avatar


Arkillon
02.17.2013 , 03:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Yeah you basically use every ability you have as an Assassin.

But once again, pushing buttons does not make you special. That is not the 'high skill cap' that I am referring to. Someone tell me how to record videos on a crappy computer please? You cannot elaborate on these things through text.
Seen a lot of twitch.tv or something, may wanna try that out?

And I know it wasn't that which you were referring to, I was replying to the guy saying sins use about as many buttons as a smash jug... hell no.

RankorSSGS's Avatar


RankorSSGS
02.17.2013 , 03:43 PM | #24
You guys need to look at that pic again. That's the result of a ranked game between arguably the 2 best teams on our server. Both those teams are too good to let someone steal mid from them, hence why it stays neutral all game. If your ranked games are any different, it's not because your dps is good, its because your healers suck.

Also, I believe that the point of that screenshot was not the actual amount of damage dealt, as stated before, in a 20 minute game 800k is nothing special. What drives the point home is not the fact that he did 800k, but the fact that he did more damage than every single other person in the game, including snipers, lolsmashers, and vanguards, AKA the "good" dps classes. It takes a crapload more work than those classes, but assassins can still put out the numbers.

Oh, and ya'll can ignore any garbage Poly spews out, he's proven time and time again that he's clueless.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
02.17.2013 , 03:52 PM | #25
Well not discussing the pic at all, there is nothing wrong with assassin dps. You can put out good numbers, really good burst, lots of specs to play, just overall awesomeness.

WillHolmes's Avatar


WillHolmes
02.17.2013 , 03:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
you're wrong.
http://i.imgur.com/Eacq6ck.jpg?1
This is why you are bad.
pretty sure this disscussion is about deception although it was never stated it just seems to be going in that direction. If your goin to use madness you should have rolled a sorc, all youve done is cost yourself damage.

And you playing a no mid cap alderaan EXTREMELY LONG game even deception could crack 500k in this kind of game
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

RankorSSGS's Avatar


RankorSSGS
02.17.2013 , 03:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
pretty sure this disscussion is about deception although it was never stated it just seems to be going in that direction. If your goin to use madness you should have rolled a sorc, all youve done is cost yourself damage.

And you playing a no mid cap alderaan EXTREMELY LONG game even deception cuold crack 500k in this kind of game
Thanks for indirectly proving the point, that pic is actually of Deception. Surprising isn't it?

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.17.2013 , 04:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Jesus Christ you people are so dense.

There were healers in that game with over 1.2 million healing done.

The highest DPS in that match for both teams was only 800k.

The match was severely lacking in DPS. Get a clue. Just because an Assassin had the top damage in one single game, doesn't mean jack ****.

And as I said in my comment above, if an Assassin is Deception spec'd and is leading the game in DPS or is even close, he's not playing it right.
Well... first off let me say that I actually agree with your stance on where the strength of Assassins lie. I believe that in a Civil War, Assassins should be either guarding a node, delay the enemy node from being capped, or delay reinforcements from coming to a node. I believe the primary strength of an assassin is in utility, and an Assassin's skill more than any other class is something that cannot simply be measured by numbers.


Now that being said, you could be a little less of an elitist ***hole in your arguments. People are more willing to listen to someone who argues in a civil manner rather than someone who can't argue against someone without insulting them in some way. I do think Assassin DPS isn't bad honestly, I just think their primary strength lies elsewhere. For example, 0/27/14 has pretty good burst to bring down healers in ranked. However, smashers do better burst damage than shadows. 5/5/31 or 7/3/31 does overall damage that is comparable to pure dps classes. (proof here http://i.imgur.com/E5cWx.jpg) However, there is little burst here.


Long story short, I'd say the two biggest reasons not to have shadows as main dps in ranked is they can guard nodes better than anyone else. Also because other classes can do even better burst dps than they can. And I'll say it again, Poly, you may wanna try being less of a jerk to people. Just because someone does not agree with you does not automatically make them an idiot. That's just being closed minded.

marshmallow's Avatar


marshmallow
02.17.2013 , 05:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
The marauder should have come out on top, or one of the snipers so yeah dps is lacking. And I love it when people have 2 healers behind them and stay alive longer than they normally would on their own, then brag about performance. Lets see you put up that dps without pocket healers on you.
we were doing no smash no bubble stun
Scoundrel-rep
Juke-moves
Duxo
Every Dog Has It's Day

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
02.17.2013 , 05:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
You guys need to look at that pic again. That's the result of a ranked game between arguably the 2 best teams on our server. Both those teams are too good to let someone steal mid from them, hence why it stays neutral all game. If your ranked games are any different, it's not because your dps is good, its because your healers suck.

Also, I believe that the point of that screenshot was not the actual amount of damage dealt, as stated before, in a 20 minute game 800k is nothing special. What drives the point home is not the fact that he did 800k, but the fact that he did more damage than every single other person in the game, including snipers, lolsmashers, and vanguards, AKA the "good" dps classes. It takes a crapload more work than those classes, but assassins can still put out the numbers.

Oh, and ya'll can ignore any garbage Poly spews out, he's proven time and time again that he's clueless.
I hope your joking. If your marauder and two sentinels (assuming due to no protection, only bad dps juggs/guardians refuse to taunt) can't break well past 600k in an environment like that, then they are clearly having dps issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
we were doing no smash no bubble stun
Which should make their dps even higher. I don't see where you're going with this.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!