Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith assassin in 1.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith assassin in 1.7

Zulataak
02.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #1
Hello my fellow ToR players. Been searching for good pvp info on Assassins, but i dont have time to comb every page on the forums. Does anyone know of a good site to see some pvp build/basic info and stuff? I feel like i picked a bad class to lvl to 50, im really squishy in pvp, and i deal almost no damage in both madness or deception spec. In pve i see alot of people saying assassins arent great, and my damage seems very slow, nowhere near what snipers and marauders can pull. So as i said i feel as though i wasted my time lvling my assassin because i feel worthless in both pve and pvp compared to every other class. Feedback or tips would be appreciated.

Polymerize
02.17.2013 , 01:32 PM | #2
Assassins will not put up anywhere near the stats as other Advanced Classes. Unless you are the easy-mode tanky specs, those specs are about as easy as Smash specs when it comes to putting up damage.

Assassins can affect the game in countless other ways that are impossible to explain via TEXT. It also has the highest skill cap out of all Advanced Classes. If you like to push buttons and put up big stats on the scoresheet like 95% of the players in this game, I suggest you roll a different Class or play the tank tree/tank hybrids w/ DPS gear.

Polymerize
02.17.2013 , 01:38 PM | #3
I'll actually be making a thread soon that states why Assassins would be BEYOND useful to include as a DPS in RATED matches. (Or the healing Operative that is brought along these days could fill the role but would not be near as effective.) Be on the lookout!

Ainsland
02.17.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4
I agree with the poster commenting on it having a higher skill cap. I've just started leveling a jedi shadow (it's currently lvl 26) and it's quite a change of pace for me. In WoW and TOR I've played spriests, DKs, locks, maras, snipers, PTs and is used to being on on the front line dps'ing everything down. I can do good damage with my shadow (had a few 200k+ damage wz's at level 21+ already) but I'm admittedly bad at node guarding, sap capping, and things of "stealthy nature". It looks like a class that takes a lot of practice to do lots of damage and take advantage of its utility as well.

marshmallow
02.17.2013 , 01:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Assassins will not put up anywhere near the stats as other Advanced Classes. Unless you are the easy-mode tanky specs, those specs are about as easy as Smash specs when it comes to putting up damage.

Assassins can affect the game in countless other ways that are impossible to explain via TEXT. It also has the highest skill cap out of all Advanced Classes. If you like to push buttons and put up big stats on the scoresheet like 95% of the players in this game, I suggest you roll a different Class or play the tank tree/tank hybrids w/ DPS gear.
you're wrong.
http://i.imgur.com/Eacq6ck.jpg?1
This is why you are bad.
Scoundrel-rep
Juke-moves
Duxo
Every Dog Has It's Day

Technohic
02.17.2013 , 02:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
you're wrong.
This is why you are bad.
That's some awesome protection in there from Justbaddies as well.

Rynis
02.17.2013 , 02:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zulataak View Post
So as i said i feel as though i wasted my time lvling my assassin because i feel worthless in both pve and pvp compared to every other class.
Disgusting quote.

PvE guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=588878

PvP guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548258
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

AngelofCain
02.17.2013 , 02:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
you're wrong.
This is why you are bad.
A lot of players could do that in a long match in mid. That doesn't make him bad, just uninformed. I looked at your score winning by 20 that means the fight in mid lasted a long time.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Polymerize
02.17.2013 , 02:10 PM | #9
Lul. Lul. Lul.

You post a stat board up with the intent of showing that an Assassin (deception spec) put up good stats therefore it is viable in RATEDs because of the DPS it puts out in this single match that you presented.

That Civil War lasted, probably about ~20 minutes.
Wakalord only died 3 times.
He had 2 healers on his team with over 1 million health (& baddies who put up an abysmal amount of protection that i might add. whoever said that is a good amount of protection, LOL, just LOL.)

The entire battle must have taken place at middle.

So Wakalord beat on people for about ~20 minutes straight considering he only died 3 times, and he did good damage compared to his teammates. (who did **** for damage considering the classes they were playing)

Great job making an idiot out of yourself bro. Anybody can put up stats when they push buttons for 20 minutes straight.

So right back at you, you're bad.

Hamatula
02.17.2013 , 02:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
A lot of players could do that in a long match in mid. That doesn't make him bad, just uninformed. I looked at your score winning by 20 that means the fight in mid lasted a long time.
Point being, a sin out damaged other advanced classes.

I know a couple good shadows/sins that regularily out damage other classes... they say the skillcap is high to pull it off.