Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades, FUN TIME!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades, FUN TIME!

Soulwave
02.17.2013 , 02:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
I rarely run into premades really outside of rated.. So... I'm sorry?
Really? 90% of the time i queue on the red eclipse server, its premades i am up against..facerolling people.. in low and high lvl pvp.. Spamming stun grenades and bubble stun ftw

Radzkie
02.17.2013 , 02:52 PM | #22
Since my guild is mostly hardcore PVE, I que solo in PVP about 90% of the time. But I actually win a lot, to be quite frank. Of course you will sometimes get a group of mostly recruit geared people, get lag spikes, CTDs or whatever and you loose/rank low in the WZ but it happens. It's the luck of the draw. I roll with the punches, accept the bad wz, get my coms and move on. Normally after a loss or two I get a win or even a streak of wins. So there's hope as a solo PVPer.

And I do get premades on my side fairly often.

Arlanon
02.17.2013 , 02:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis
Also, pugs do more to ruin warzones than premades have ever done. Since they are all solo, they typically don't care about anyone other than themselves. Pugs are almost never tanks (and never talented ones), almost never healers, and pretty much always bad dps. The only time I can get a pug to go offnode at the start of the match is when I use Rescue on my sage to pull them there. I don't particularly heal or tank in warzones because I enjoy it, I do it because it's necessary to win. If pugs actually cared about providing a proper group comp, maybe your experience wouldn't be so bad.
I would like to add to this, that they also display "Tunnel Vision (tm)" meaning that once they start attacking a target, they seem reluctant or even flat out unwilling to change to another target. In some cases, they may even be completely UNAWARE of what else is going on around them.

A good example would be when you have 5 defenders at a node, and 2 attackers. 1 of the attackers distracts the 5 defenders, and the other attacker SUCCESSFULLY CAPS THE NODE! We've all seen it happen! WHY does it happen? Those 5 defenders had "Tunnel Vision (tm)"! Once they started attacking the first guy, the second guy could do whatever he wanted: Take out a healer, plant a bomb, run the Huttball, etc.

The 5 defenders here can improve in several ways:

1 - ZOOM OUT. A lot of players like to zoom in close to their character so they can get a ***** over how cool they think they look. This reduces their situational awareness to ZERO. They have no idea what the other guy is doing because they don't even see him. They probably don't even know he is there.

2 - Rotate mouse to always be looking at the objective. It's not hard to left click your camera around to face the node even when your toon is facing away from it. Anyone who doesn't do this is not a good defender.

3 - Constantly analyze the situation (as per point 1) and attack the highest threat target. "Threat" has many facets. It could be the guy trying to set you up the bomb. It could be the strongest healer. It could be the strongest DPS. It could be the tank guarding the healer. It could be the guy running the Huttball. It could be the guy waiting for him to pass/jump to. It could be the stealth running across to the other door that NO ONE is defending. (Tip: Don't wait for him to cap the door and then say you didn't know he was there. Check your minimap. If you have no defenders on that side, HE IS THERE).

Part of the issue is people take PvP personally. They think they have something to prove to everyone. Once they start attacking someone, the longer it takes to kill them, the more frustrated they become, and it becomes an obsession to down the guy. This is one of the key ingredients in objective-based failure, and it happens way too often.

TonyDragonflame
02.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Hi everyone!

I play pvp Premade 99% of my pvp time and the freaking PUGS are ruining the fun in pvp by losing every single WZ until it reach the time when people don't queue up and we wait like 40 min to get one dame War zone going

you're right this thread IS fun time
Oh, really? Make friends, go play Ranked without any pugs and wins!
Oh wait...

RidgeBlader
02.17.2013 , 03:14 PM | #25
I disagree.

They make it challenging, if you cannot win maybe its something closer to home you need to address? We all know a better match making system is needed but pre-mades shouldn't be ruled out of PVP:WZ all together.

I would like some real world open PVP though. Planets your server has to fight to control would be nice. Say Tatooine for example. If your side does not hold control then you can't quest their. Maybe they can have that as an installment later on. A couple of new planets with PVP & PVE rewards that Rep/imp must control to have access to.

Anyway, thanks for posting.
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s

saremun
02.17.2013 , 03:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkillon View Post

Solution to your whining: get your OWN premade? Your guild does almost everything except PVP... CHANGE GUILDS??????

"But I like them" - then don't whine about pvp, and do more pve?

"But I'm in recruit gear" I myself had top of leaderboards quite a few times with many witnesses.. about 300k damage with full recruit, without being rigged games where someone fights in mid 24/7. It's about the skill and how you know your class.
you don't get it, do you?

first i have a WH gear so don't try on that rout, secondly i dont need to leave a WHOLE guild for just PVP cause PVP system sucks unless you have a PVP guild.

its very easy to understand, "IF YOU TRY", Premades face roll every pug means lesser and lesser people queue up or even leave at the middle of the WZ as i do sometimes, which means lesser and lesser PVP which means NO CHANCE TO TAKE A BREAK from the dame dailies and characters leveling( cause that is all what you find in SWTOR sometimes).

AGAIN- BW should lower the queue for the Ranked War Zones to 4 man and separate the 4 man queue from the Solo queue in that way THOSE who think they are good and mighty can show their muscles to their equals not make shows on low geared and Solo!!!

Call me a whiner or what ever but soon you will come your self on the forum begging for change when the problem gets to you but until that don't care what others feel/do or think about the system as long as it suits you.

MotorCityMan
02.17.2013 , 05:45 PM | #27
The solution is to quit. If you are facing a premade as a pug, just afk out. Better yet, just don't bother queueing for wzs. There are plenty of other choices.

Mournblood
02.17.2013 , 06:15 PM | #28
We have a 220 page thread on this topic here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544543

It's even on the first page of the forum. Did we really need to make another one?

Aurojiin
02.17.2013 , 06:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
PvE teaches players that they are gods
No. Just no.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

LanceCorporalDan
02.17.2013 , 06:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulwave View Post
Really? 90% of the time i queue on the red eclipse server, its premades i am up against..facerolling people.. in low and high lvl pvp.. Spamming stun grenades and bubble stun ftw
I mean I'll run into maybe 2 or 3 a day in 50's just depends but not enough to make it much if a problem for me.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative