Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades, FUN TIME!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades, FUN TIME!

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
02.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun
meh, easy for you to say .
It is easy. Warzones have a learning curve, it is not insurmountable but most people just refuse to accept that they have anything to learn at all. PvE teaches players that they are gods; when they get into pvp and find out they still have a long way to go, it bruises their egos.

I had a Hypergate match just last week. I noticed we had one pylon defender and he was standing right on top of the node. All I said in ops chat was "if you are the only defender, don't stand right on top of it. you will get sapped n capped."

You know what he did? Instead of moving off the pylon, he LEFT THE WZ. But just as often, when giving pointers to other players, they get hostile and start ranting about how I am insulting them or some other nonsense.

You can't teach these people anything because THEY DO NOT WANT TO LEARN.

Don't listen to these whiners. Learn to improve yourself, your character, your perspective on matches, how dynamic and everchanging conditions can change the way you approach the game midmatch. There are so many factors that go into a successful game that an entire book could be written about it. A lot of it is common sense. Another large part of it is having a positive mentality.

Don't give in to whiners and their warzone anger. This is the true Dark Side of Star Wars.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #12
Also, pugs do more to ruin warzones than premades have ever done. Since they are all solo, they typically don't care about anyone other than themselves. Pugs are almost never tanks (and never talented ones), almost never healers, and pretty much always bad dps. The only time I can get a pug to go offnode at the start of the match is when I use Rescue on my sage to pull them there. I don't particularly heal or tank in warzones because I enjoy it, I do it because it's necessary to win. If pugs actually cared about providing a proper group comp, maybe your experience wouldn't be so bad.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Evil_Me's Avatar


Evil_Me
02.17.2013 , 11:51 AM | #13
I almost always pug and I probably win around half of mine and I seem to do about as well if I'm in a premade or fighting against one. Sometimes I'll win the two matches to finish the daily 2 or 3 days in a row, and sometimes I'll loose them all for that long. Normally I got a mix of wins and looses. You're likely just having bad luck.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
I had a Hypergate match just last week. I noticed we had one pylon defender and he was standing right on top of the node. All I said in ops chat was "if you are the only defender, don't stand right on top of it. you will get sapped n capped."
heh, wish someone would have yelled at me for doing that. Only figured it out about a week ago or so.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
02.17.2013 , 12:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
since yesterday not a single win otherwise i wouldn't even write this thread.
So, somehow you manage to never have a premade on your side?
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Rendolphe's Avatar


Rendolphe
02.17.2013 , 12:10 PM | #15
I guess you were on the ennemie team this game :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIDcDVnY44
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

saremun's Avatar


saremun
02.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Precursor View Post
This is funny, all the crying. There's nothing wrong with premades, we have an option to queue with four people, so we're going to take it. In my guild, we do premades all day long with vent up. Needless to say we win games.

So, you have just as much of an opportunity to run a premade as we do. Stop crying already and just stop being bad.
Take this analogy for example:

You enter a drag race. N2O is allowed but you decide not to use it. You get beaten by someone who used N2O, and then complain that they used N2O and you didn't even though both parties could have.

Where is the logic here?
dont freaking tell me about WZ and pvp etc, i have been playing since release but iam not a HARDCORE who take PVP as job, i want to enjoy not get face rolled by Premades over and over, good for you that you have a guild which you can PVP with and enjoy your time by wining with your Premades but there are other freaking players who take the PVP as a change from the boring grind in PVE, the only reason i find with someone pretending that there is no issue is that he has it good and dont care about the others.

i have been playing a lot to get my dame WH set but others who just got 50 and play recruit cant do **** against me so do i just pretend to be Awesome cause i can kill them? that is what is happening with the dame Premades.

if you think you have a great team and you are so dame good then you should stand against others who equal you not just freaking Solo players, its All the fault of dame Bioware who with every change just dump the PVP over and over.

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
02.17.2013 , 12:34 PM | #17
I agree with the OP, I do like to que solo but my guild also runs Premades. trust me we would rather be doing ranked all day long but who wants to sit in que for 2 + hours waiting for the que to drop? Steam rolling pugs is rediculously easy and no fun, we are already fully geared so we dont need the comms. but ..... most of the pug players do so Premades are inadvertently holding back those that need the gear. ( We have no consecutive Ranked ques due to no cross server PVP que ) I / We do not want to loiter in the fleet waiting excessivly long for a rated que to pop.

What BW needs to do to make every body happy is this:

1. make a cross server pvp que.
2. seperate the solo que's from the group que's.
3. set group ques of 4 to be matched with another group of 4 to make teams of 8 and send them to the ranked que.
4. set the que for anything 3 or less to be sent to the solo que so people can still group up with friends and group up for pvp.
5. assuming BW implements 1. make the solo que system more roll friendly such as dont put 8 mercs in one group or all tanks in one group ect, make it more ballanced.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Blockk's Avatar


Blockk
02.17.2013 , 12:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Precursor View Post
This is funny, all the crying. There's nothing wrong with premades, we have an option to queue with four people, so we're going to take it. In my guild, we do premades all day long with vent up. Needless to say we win games.

So, you have just as much of an opportunity to run a premade as we do. Stop crying already and just stop being bad.
Take this analogy for example:

You enter a drag race. N2O is allowed but you decide not to use it. You get beaten by someone who used N2O, and then complain that they used N2O and you didn't even though both parties could have.

Where is the logic here?
not a good analogy but I take your point
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi

Arkillon's Avatar


Arkillon
02.17.2013 , 02:34 PM | #19
Tal'rindar has the best opinion so far.

Solution to your whining: get your OWN premade? Your guild does almost everything except PVP... CHANGE GUILDS??????

"But I like them" - then don't whine about pvp, and do more pve?

"But I'm in recruit gear" I myself had top of leaderboards quite a few times with many witnesses.. about 300k damage with full recruit, without being rigged games where someone fights in mid 24/7. It's about the skill and how you know your class.


As Tal said, pve teaches you you're pro, and in pvp you aren't one unless you are WILLING TO LEARN.

I had someone leave a warzone because he left the pylon in hypergate and I told him he should stay and defend or else he'd make us lose.. He raged and left. PVE player?

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
02.17.2013 , 02:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Precursor View Post
This is funny, all the crying. There's nothing wrong with premades, we have an option to queue with four people, so we're going to take it. In my guild, we do premades all day long with vent up. Needless to say we win games.

So, you have just as much of an opportunity to run a premade as we do. Stop crying already and just stop being bad.
Take this analogy for example:

You enter a drag race. N2O is allowed but you decide not to use it. You get beaten by someone who used N2O, and then complain that they used N2O and you didn't even though both parties could have.

Where is the logic here?
The logic is simple to become the very part of the problem he is trying to solve
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.