Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible groups lately?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Terrible groups lately?

WaldoA
02.17.2013 , 08:33 AM | #1
Ok, i'm by no means trying to look down on people here but what the hell is going on..

The past week the majority of my warzone groups have had countless people with under 500 expertise or under 15k hp, usually like 2-3 at a time. Infact I even joined an Alderaan game earlier where enemy had 3 turrets capped and I looked at ops pane, every single person was under 16500 health at 100%.

Is there a bug or something, or just a huge amount of fresh 50s lately?

Server is Tomb of Freedon Nadd by the way.

byteresistor
02.17.2013 , 09:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Many f2p players are starting to ding 50.

Glower
02.17.2013 , 10:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
Many f2p players are starting to ding 50.
Plus WH gear farmers/crafters...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Neoforcer
02.17.2013 , 10:39 AM | #4
+ FTM rerollers going off data mind info with classes. As well to many lo hp players coming in because every one doing the ilum event so all you end up with is the hole team being 14k hp.

evildeadguy
02.17.2013 , 02:03 PM | #5
I'm seeing teams try to 3 cap instead of defending their nodes, people not checking ops chat for incoming calls and people leaving nodes undefended. Kinda hard to do your weekly when you keep losing due to simple mistakes.

LydMekk
02.17.2013 , 02:20 PM | #6
Obectives in WZs aside: I know i have been running my 50s in PVP only this week but that's due to BWs brilliant increased repair bills.

Just had a solo leveling death on my 29 Assassin and cost me 2600.

So, until they roll back the idiotic repair changes, i'm gonna pvp with my pve equipped toons, tyvm.

OFC as a founder I know what to do in the WZs.

Blame BW.

Cretinus
02.17.2013 , 03:39 PM | #7
Newbies are bad and poorly geared, I agree. But the way PvP balance is at the moment doesn't help to motivate them either. Some completely out of control tanking-dps speccs with 22K HP and 7K dmg peaks on max expertise own everything. This is light years ahead of what you can do with recruit gear, you're simply superfluous against these folks. Either you give up after a couple of runs, or you sit by the pilon and wait til it's over and farm the coms.
nerf operatives

JackNader
02.17.2013 , 03:42 PM | #8
Anytime a new patch comes into play you can expect an influx of casuals returning to check it out. This means warzones filled to the brim with undergeared players, players lacking common sense and players who do not have a clue how to play their own characters.

SOULCASTER
02.17.2013 , 04:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Ok, i'm by no means trying to look down on people here but what the hell is going on..

The past week the majority of my warzone groups have had countless people with under 500 expertise or under 15k hp, usually like 2-3 at a time. Infact I even joined an Alderaan game earlier where enemy had 3 turrets capped and I looked at ops pane, every single person was under 16500 health at 100%.

Server is Tomb of Freedon Nadd by the way.
Yes I can attest to this as well. The groups i've been with this weekend so far have possibly been the worst I've ever seen. I have lost every solo-queue warzone i've gone into i think for the past 2 nights. Hahahah. I only get wins when I group with guildies. The republic players on Pot5 this weekend have been BAAAAAAAAAD. Like BAAAAAAAD
Prophecy of the Five
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

Kerensk
02.17.2013 , 08:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Anytime a new patch comes into play you can expect an influx of casuals returning to check it out. This means warzones filled to the brim with undergeared players, players lacking common sense and players who do not have a clue how to play their own characters.
^^I think this is it more than the F2P.
The terribad players I'm seeing are all classes and armor levels, many in battlemaster and champion gear.
It's the people who blamed the class balance for their failure and quit till BW fixes it.
Turns out the just don't know how to play, even if there were class balance changes they would still suck.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”