Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Talon....crash?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fidelicatessen
11.14.2013 , 05:03 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by PedgeJameson View Post
Happened twice tonight.
How many years?

If what others I know in Dev are right , it's a simple bug in the light speed animation for that cinematic.
I do think it only happens in Windowed Fullscreen so I have been told. Fullscreen it does not happen, the new rumor anyways.

Come on BW, the game has been showing so much promise now and we cannot kill that?
Oh, it happens in fullscreen. Once I switched to windowed fullscreen and alt-tab out, it stopped happening. I often wonder how big the team is that maintains this game, if they can't fix a CTD issue that's been around since ... beta?

Jabakla
11.14.2013 , 05:43 AM | #42
Yes happen to me also... :/ I do agree that if it is a problem that exists since "the beginning..." it should have been solved by now, as someone says it is the FIRST FLASHPOINT!!

What I think is really worse is the ops that keep saying it is the computer... instead of giving good criticism and help...

I play in an Alienware m14x r2 with all updates and I never experience a crash in any game, any program that I have tried since I have got it expect this particular time with this particular flashpoint... Im pretty sure it is the games problem not the laptop...

PLynkes
11.14.2013 , 05:59 AM | #43
Happens to me in fullscreen, unless they've changed something. Have to admit I haven't done any of the three flashpoints it happens on lately, as I can do without that kind of bother.

midianlord
11.16.2013 , 09:58 AM | #44
Workaround (at least this always works for me):

Before the final cutscene/choice where you choose between flying on to Dromund Kaas or Space Station:

Go into your Preferences ---> Graphics ---> Select "fullscreen" (NOTE: Actual fullscreen, not fullscreen-windowed) ----> Immediately after making your choice, but before any of the jumping to hyperspace animation shows, minimise the client (hit the Windows key) ---> Wait a bit, long enough for the scene to be over ----> Re-enter client.

E:

Strangely enough, ALT-TAB'ing out of fullscreen-windowed (which is what I normally play in) never seems to work for me, unless I'm just not doing it fast enough?
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Tyranthax
11.16.2013 , 04:13 PM | #45
I havent played in months...and I am still depressed to see this first flashpoint still busted... I have tried all the "workarounds" and none seem to work. Then ...on top of the the Flashpoint Quest and the Intro to Group Finder (used to get a group) didnt work. What should have been a nice quick bt run was long...and on top of that..no reward at the end. Disappointed..

"May the Flare be with You!"
Master Conspirator

Barzarel
11.16.2013 , 04:52 PM | #46
Not entirely sure what causes it or if this will work for you but it worked for me:

1. Right click shortcut
2. Go to attributes.
3. Pick the tab compatibility
4. flag run program as administrator.

Hope this helps

dscount
11.16.2013 , 06:51 PM | #47
Yea. . this has been a BUG for a LONG time...

They can't fix it. Seems to be something with graphic's and they are just too busy reskinning armor and mounts.

Seriously... been a while since I've even bothered to report it anymore.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

UOIachimo
01.21.2014 , 01:03 PM | #48
I just want to say that, as a new player, this is incredibly depressing and frustrating! I've tried all of the work arounds posted, with no luck. Not being able to complete the first major flashpoint of the game is a big deal for me. I subscribed for 60 days and, at this point, am not likely to renew after that. If Bioware and the developers can't be bothered to identify the source of this common, if not universal, problem, and address it, it's clear that they are not genuinely interested in their customer's in-game experience. It's really sad, as it seems like a decent game, and there's obviously been a ton of work put into it.

Even if there's no possible fix, clearly explaining the issue and offering a work-around, even involving creating a code for the rewards, would be the obvious decision, but radio silence for years...that's pretty damned unacceptable.

teclado
01.21.2014 , 02:42 PM | #49
This is still a problem? I stopped running this flashpoint a long time ago because the game would crash on that cut scene every time, without fail. Actually, I retract - much fail. It was so commonplace that the standard operating procedure in groups was to say "brb, about to crash" in chat. I was never unable to complete the flashpoint after logging back in, but annoying nonetheless.
My 55s: VG, Guard / Jugg, Sage / Sorc, Sentinel, Shadow
TBA: Merc (51), Comm (45), Scound (41), Sin (35), PT (33), Mara (26)

The Harbinger

OfflineSys
01.21.2014 , 06:54 PM | #50
Yeah they never fixed it. I have this problem also but there is a way around it.
When the last conversation starts and you are looking directly outside to the other ship, there will be some animation like faster than light travel or something, this is what kills the client for some yet to be identified, obscure reason.

The alt tab thing works, but make sure you are in full screen mode so that it minimizes your client completely, it won't work if you are in windowed/windowed full screen.

So start the convo, if you are soloing, spacebar quickly trough the dialog pick the first selection wheel and alt tab straight away, wait 10-15 secs and pull your game back up, it'll be fine from here one.

If you aren't soloing, chances are people won't spacebar trough the dialog as it's often the case with such low lvl instances. In that case just wait until the convo starts, alt-tab straight away and wait it out, 15-25 secs should do the trick.

It's a shame but at this point i don't think this will ever get fixed, even more sad that this is the first instance of the game therefor the first ''taste'' of group content new players are getting and given the widespread problem with the crash at the end i wouldn't be surprised if it turned a bunch of people off the game, but hey what do i know.

o/