Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Talon....crash?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZirusZero
09.19.2013 , 03:17 AM | #31
1.4: It was so bad, many things are STILL broken from that patch.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Eillack
09.19.2013 , 02:53 PM | #32
Minimize right before the jump to the fleet or DK / Coruscant. Actually worked for me last night.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

Vegabond
09.19.2013 , 06:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Minimize right before the jump to the fleet or DK / Coruscant. Actually worked for me last night.
Yep its the standard for all of those 3 flashpoints, minimize+alt tab and listen for the hyperdrive sound then alt tab back..

klham
09.20.2013 , 06:12 AM | #34
What's interesting is that some people never crash at this particular spot, and others almost always crash. I'm in the latter category (and it's definitely not my computer or my connection). Minimizing the game prior to the hyperspace animation at the end does the trick. I wish I'd discovered it sooner. The upside is that I don't think I've ever been deprived of mission rewards whenever I've logged back in after the crash.
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5
:: Eridani Legacy ::

Eillack
09.20.2013 , 07:01 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
What's interesting is that some people never crash at this particular spot, and others almost always crash. I'm in the latter category (and it's definitely not my computer or my connection). Minimizing the game prior to the hyperspace animation at the end does the trick. I wish I'd discovered it sooner. The upside is that I don't think I've ever been deprived of mission rewards whenever I've logged back in after the crash.
You only don't get rewards if the rest of the group finishes the mission before you log back on.

I've had some real DB pugs who didn't wait the 30sec it took for me to get back on (even after telling them that the convo will kick me for a small bit) and then give the 'ole "sucks to be you / your computer sucks!!!!" response. I only do these if I'm beyond bored or need to make up LS or DS points.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Referral Code

VoW_LugNut
10.06.2013 , 06:07 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I have never minimized through these cut scenes. The thing that keeps me from crashing is if I don't spacebar through that particular part of the cutscene. Every time I accidentally spacebar through it, I am immediately kicked to desktop.
Lugnut - PT Tank
<YES> - The Harbinger
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

manchusabre
10.07.2013 , 09:49 AM | #37
Still isn't fixed. Why is this such a hard thing to fix?

Eillack
10.07.2013 , 03:44 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Still isn't fixed. Why is this such a hard thing to fix?
BW doesn't care tbh.

I doubt it will ever get fixed.
CE Owner '09 Account
Referral Code

Lomerell
10.20.2013 , 10:37 AM | #39
Found this thread researching 20 Oct 13. First, the crash to desktop would net me mission rewards at my destination upon login. Later, the crash returned me to the flashpoint, just before the console dialog, forcing my character into an endless loop of choose a destination, crash.

What finally worked was the suggestion to MINIMIZE. In my case, that meant going from fullscreen mode to windowed. I suspect that had more to do with it, whereas minimizing might be superstitious ritual, but I did it, and it worked. In my case, as SOON as I'd pressed 1, I minimized the window, listened for awhile, and when I reopened the game, Dromund Kaas was loading. I arrived with mission rewards, no crash.

I'm running Windows 7 with an ATI 5850 and two identical Dell monitors on DVI ports. I update drivers often and research other ways to improve performance. Prior to the working fix described above, I'd tried various fixes in the thread, such as:
  • Never touch the spacebar -> Didn't work
  • Alt-tab during the scene -> Didn't work
  • Try it grouped -> Didn't work
  • Try it solo -> Didn't work
  • Try selecting "Dromund Kaas" -> Didn't work
  • Try selecting "Imperial Fleet" -> Didn't work
  • Try it with companion on errand -> Didn't work
  • Try it with companion present -> Didn't work

Additional details: I've experienced the bug on at least two characters. Most tests conducted with a level 15 Imperial Operative with Kaliyo, conversation choices elsewhere both darkside and frequently earning Kaliyo affection.

What bothers me is that this thread has been active since
02.17.2013 , 08:13 AM | #1

...and it took me about 15 minutes to give you more information in more detail than Bioware. I'm a paying customer, current subscriber, with a variety of cartel purchases, who makes a living writing. Exactly the kind of customer (I'd think) a gaming giant would prefer to keep.

If Bioware doesn't have staff as analytic and detailed as its customer base, I suggest they hire real talent. Else is smacks of apathy.

Some of us have been with you since Beta.
"There arises from a bad and unapt formation of words a wonderful obstruction of the mind." --Sir Francis Bacon
"y do u care how i rite or spell?" --Average gamer.
"F****** grammer nazi's!" --Actual player, 1/12/12

PedgeJameson
11.14.2013 , 03:59 AM | #40
Happened twice tonight.
How many years?

If what others I know in Dev are right , it's a simple bug in the light speed animation for that cinematic.
I do think it only happens in Windowed Fullscreen so I have been told. Fullscreen it does not happen, the new rumor anyways.

Come on BW, the game has been showing so much promise now and we cannot kill that?