Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Allow Companions in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please Allow Companions in Warzones

Arlanon
02.18.2013 , 12:36 AM | #21
The most blatant example I've personally witnessed was in a Civil War. The scoreboard showed 8 members on our team, so no one had left. Everyone was there for the entire duration of the match.

One of our members had 4k damage, no protection and no healing.

Ok so you're probably thinking, well maybe he was guarding Snow the entire time? Well no. Snow got attacked twice that match.

4k is like what, 2 buttons?

A WZ with 4 players + 4 companions vs 4 players + 4 companions would be kind of interesting. I'd rather it be a new WZ specifically for that though.

Darth-Rammstein
02.18.2013 , 01:32 AM | #22
50k dps? that would be impressive...perhaps you were thinking overall damage.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Pekoo
02.18.2013 , 03:50 AM | #23
I completely agree with the OP.

I remember before the watchman nerf, i was queuing with a watchman sentinel we got a civil war, the enemy team had 2 turrets and we had a side one, me (scoundrel healer) and the sentinel were on mid against 6-7 people all the match, we weren't dying much but we couldn't kill them fast enough to cap, sometimes i saw someone coming mid and dying in 2 seconds, even though we were holding 6-7people at mid no one capped the other side turret.

Result of the match:
me - over 500k healing
sentinel - over 500k damage and 100k healing
other scoundrel healer - 80k healing
second on damage on my team, which was also a sentinel in smash spec - 80k damage

Some people say that numbers doesn't matter but seriously what is someone doing for the whole wz to get less than 80k healing/damage? For sure they weren't defending as i only saw 1-2 people on the side turret defending at least for the first ~7min, after that only me and the sentinel weren't camping our turret.
Not to mention a scoundrel healer got outhealed by a sentinel.

And even after the watchman nerf i've seen that sentinel get 10k healing less than some healers.

I am sure if on those warzones we could trade some pugs for our companions the wz would go so much better.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
<Nostrum Dolus>
3500+ RWZ

Phoabe - Scoundrel || Choco'latte - Sage

Arlanon
02.18.2013 , 03:56 AM | #24
Something that baffles me.

The Huttball match had JUST STARTED. 8 of us ran out the gate. I, as usual, was the first of our team to get to the center. I grabbed the ball, and was confronted by the entire enemy team coming down on me hard.

I looked left! I looked right! I looked forwards and backwards! Surely there's got to be a nearby team member to pass or jump to! Right?

...right?

WTH happened to 7 team members right at the start of the match?! Were they all camping in the pit just waiting for a nice 7v1 when some hapless fool fell down? I don't leave WZ often but that was just asinine.

SOULCASTER
02.18.2013 , 07:54 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Something that baffles me.

The Huttball match had JUST STARTED. 8 of us ran out the gate. I, as usual, was the first of our team to get to the center. I grabbed the ball, and was confronted by the entire enemy team coming down on me hard.

I looked left! I looked right! I looked forwards and backwards! Surely there's got to be a nearby team member to pass or jump to! Right?

...right?

WTH happened to 7 team members right at the start of the match?! Were they all camping in the pit just waiting for a nice 7v1 when some hapless fool fell down? I don't leave WZ often but that was just asinine.
I LOLed, I can't tell you how many times i've seen and done this when I play my Shadow in huttball.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

LanceCorporalDan
02.18.2013 , 09:15 AM | #26
I joked with a guild is about this oat might in lowbies haha
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

MidichIorian
02.18.2013 , 09:23 AM | #27
I'd take a companion over an average team mate any day.

Atramar
02.18.2013 , 09:34 AM | #28
Only problem with that, is it would be over tuned with healing companions. so Tanks would suck even more.

I understand reasoning behind it, but end result would hurt healers and tanks and leave warzones just for burst dps classes and their companions.

I still lol'ed about 'companion guarding node and typing incs in /ops chat', but again, recently equipped my jugg and assassin with tank gears, and can stand alive to interrupt a minimum 30 secs if 2 stealthers pop out on me, which should be more then enouth for atleast one team member to come.
note 30 sec said is minimum, depends on who attacks, and on which char I'm on, and other circumstances, usually I stand at least 45 sec.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

UGLYMRJ
02.18.2013 , 11:37 AM | #29
I lol'd...

Sad but true... I am sure that any one of my companions could out perform at least 30% of players q'ing for WZ's.

sauerkraut
02.18.2013 , 12:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Only problem with that, is it would be over tuned with healing companions. so Tanks would suck even more.

I understand reasoning behind it, but end result would hurt healers and tanks and leave warzones just for burst dps classes and their companions.

I still lol'ed about 'companion guarding node and typing incs in /ops chat', but again, recently equipped my jugg and assassin with tank gears, and can stand alive to interrupt a minimum 30 secs if 2 stealthers pop out on me, which should be more then enouth for atleast one team member to come.
note 30 sec said is minimum, depends on who attacks, and on which char I'm on, and other circumstances, usually I stand at least 45 sec.
That's why PUGs should not be forced vs Premades, because it makes a HUGE different if you have the right team mates, plus vent. So at long as PUGs are forced to entertain Premades, the least BW can do allow Companions in WZ.