Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new planets in next expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
new planets in next expansion

Angabar
02.25.2013 , 08:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tobbelq View Post
"When kolto was replaced in favor of bacta, the Republic abandoned Manaan, and the Selkath left Ahto City for their ancient cities in the depths of the planet's oceans. Manaan did not have further contact with the galaxy until the Selkath were enslaved by the Galactic Empire sometime during the Galactic Civil War."

"Bacta was invented by the Vratix on the planet Thyferra in antiquity, with the galaxy at large learning of its properties around 4,100 BBY."

4,100 BBY = Year 447 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC)

Sorry man, probably no Manaan :/
Yeah, I read up on that right after I posted, but still kolto is referenced several times in the game (kolto tanks, kolto injectors, ...), whereas I haven't seen a single mention of bacta. Which would mean that kolto is still in wide use at the time of the game, which would still make Manaan a viable location.

DarthDymond
02.25.2013 , 09:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tobbelq View Post
"When kolto was replaced in favor of bacta, the Republic abandoned Manaan, and the Selkath left Ahto City for their ancient cities in the depths of the planet's oceans. Manaan did not have further contact with the galaxy until the Selkath were enslaved by the Galactic Empire sometime during the Galactic Civil War."

"Bacta was invented by the Vratix on the planet Thyferra in antiquity, with the galaxy at large learning of its properties around 4,100 BBY."

4,100 BBY = Year 447 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC)

Sorry man, probably no Manaan :/
4,100 BBY was more than 100 years before KotOR, which first introduced Manaan and Kolto, so even if that's when the galaxy started using Bacta, it's doesn't look like that's when it replaced Kolto.
The timeframe for Kolto finally getting phased out is still up in the air, and they could even use this game as an opportunity to expand the story of how that change happened beyond just "Bacta was better".

Personally, I'd really like to see Onderon/Dxun.

Argonloris
02.26.2013 , 05:33 AM | #23
Yavin IV is more likely to be a raid than an explorable area.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

Gratulor
02.26.2013 , 06:48 AM | #24
I'd love to see Onderon and Dxun make it. Onderon could be something like Dromund Kaas in size, having both the city of Iziz and some wild landscapes to venture in. Dxun could be the same size as the starter planets, basically being an extention of Onderon rather than a "planet" of it's own. Lots of opportunities for storytelling there, especially with Dxun... and of course the wild beasts to hunt.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

ThaadJarvis
01.06.2014 , 10:50 AM | #25
For gods sake forget about geonosis people or any other movie planet for once! If anything they need to expand current planets in the game. For what it's worth:
- Onderon: good for all classes story wise with royal houses good and bad.
- Dxun: great for raids, heroics with All the beasts etc.
- Chandrila: Jedi tombs, beautiful agricultural plains with elegant cities
- Malastare: mentioned in Ep1, Bioware could really go to town on this one, LimeGreen glowing methane lakes/swamps
- Ryloth: an abundance of history and events to surface here, and the name just sounds like an expac planet.
- Thule: Sith lore, UlicQelDroma, Xim the Despot, lightning storms, Bioluminescent Moss.
- Yavin 4: Crapton of Sith/Massassi Lore, NagaSadow, ExarKun..

BradTheImpaler
01.06.2014 , 03:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
4,100 BBY was more than 100 years before KotOR, which first introduced Manaan and Kolto, so even if that's when the galaxy started using Bacta, it's doesn't look like that's when it replaced Kolto.
The timeframe for Kolto finally getting phased out is still up in the air, and they could even use this game as an opportunity to expand the story of how that change happened beyond just "Bacta was better".

Personally, I'd really like to see Onderon/Dxun.
This. We know Sith have a history on Onderon, not to mention the conflict between the Beast Riders & Iziz.
Manaan would be cool, but more than anything I'd like to see Dantooine. It's just such an iconic Old Republic-era planet in my opinion. There was also something about "mysterious cloning experiments" at the Jedi Enclave, which we never really saw explained at all as far as I'm aware.

It would also be a great opportunity to explore Haruun Kal, given that the Korunnai were believed to be descendants of Jedi who crashed on the planet during the Exar Kun war (granted, Dromund Kaas and Dxun together would probably be enough of the dark-side-corrupted jungle theme), so I'd lean more toward Manaan in its place).
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.