Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

fungihoujo
02.18.2013 , 03:59 PM | #71
I think people vote at random- in low levels on an alt, I've had so many games where I'm at 120k damage, we have no healers, and half our dps is around 30k- yeah, it's pretty bad- yet most of the votes go to someone who has done in an entire match what I do in a combo.

Cypounet
02.18.2013 , 08:46 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's.
Sorry I stopped reading right after that...
THE RED ECLIPSE
Leģa Jedi Sentinel 55 Leļa'na Jedi Shadow 55
Leļana Scoundrel 55 Leļa'ra Sith Juggernaut 55
Ta'vion Sith Sorcerer 55

Aebrynis
02.18.2013 , 10:35 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by nogoodtomedead View Post
Often enough your good actions deeds will go unnoticed by the rest of the world. Quit expecting a thank you, a gold medal, or a cookie. Cause your probably not gonna get those.
This is it exactly, both in Real Life AND in games.

An MVP vote is one comm. Big deal. Best you queue up for another WZ, and even if you lose, you'll more than make up those possibly-lost MVP comms and to spare, If I get MVP votes, I like to think it's because someone perceives I've done something towards winning the match, rather than because I topped Chart A or whatever. Give me a win over an MVP vote any time.

HelinCarnate
02.19.2013 , 01:42 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
I only vote for healers who are capable of affecting the game in more ways than just healing.
Do do you only vote for DPS that do more than just DPS?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

xhii
02.19.2013 , 03:00 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Cypounet View Post
Sorry I stopped reading right after that...
I stopped voting right after that...
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

Atramar
02.19.2013 , 03:11 AM | #76
DPS = selfish
HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive
and this thread of yours is all about selfless.

hay, I'm attention Wh... vote for meeeeee!!!111oneoneone

to the subject, votes are random usually.. I pvp as 2 dps/tanks (respec depending of need, 2 sets of gear), sniper and a healer, sometimes I get 7 medals as dps, sometimes I do fast cap run on voidstar (granted by my team who served as distraction) and get 0, and sometimes as a ball carrier with 3 solo scores I get 1 vote...
sometiems after double ninja on voidstar on my assassin, I get 0 votes even if I heard 'good job ninja' in ops chat from 4 people...

again, MVP are random, situational, and not realy any reward, more like 'recognized' and if you werent, well, you don't get mvp.
people might vote less for sorc/sage healers as many of them guard nodes and reducing their health to put up numbers on healing. Bad Karma.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

WolfSp
02.19.2013 , 03:50 AM | #77
I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's, just in a game i just played I did 560k healing 2nd healer was 200k

Not 1 vote, I have been playing healer for last 2 weeks and I think in that Time i have gotten 3 votes, I can understand not voting for a DPSee, or a HUTBALL capper, as you do not really know who did what to help the game, a 1st place DPSer just may have been out for kills teh whole game not helping I have done that and come 1st in DPS.

and in hutball you cannot tell who did the capping at the scoreboard, but healers are eveident, VOTE FOR EM or you will probably start losing healers. After every game when i get no votes i feel like never healing for a PYG ever again, but i also like it, it's frustrating. Show some appreciation guys & gals.
On my healer i have the highest average of MVPs/Medal ... a little advice: heal those that will recognize it and win you the game. Nothing more to say. Ever tried to get just ONE Mvp as a tank managing to get 250k guard in a PUG?

Darka
02.19.2013 , 04:01 AM | #78
I dont think people look past the kill category
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
¬ Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

BenderProject
02.19.2013 , 04:05 AM | #79
DPS = selfish
HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive
What is with the Tanks? They keep you alive and defend your ***. If i see a good tank i give him my MVP, or when i see a player wo contributed alot in a BG, sometimes i give some ppl MvP for using not so mainstream specs and classes, like Vigilance in PvP as a Jugger (rocks really hard).

mulzii
02.19.2013 , 05:49 AM | #80
MVP votes do not mean squat anyway. But why should healers get all the votes? In some matches like AE, i will have the lowest dmg, kills, medals, etc. But the fact that i take out 2+ defenders and steal the enemy pylon at the last moment at the right time in each round, not only effectively ends the match a round or two early, but guarantees a win.

Yes, i could death match in the middle and pad my stats, or defend out pylon and get defense medals. And since i do not complain/brag about it in the WZs, i get 0 votes 99.9% of the time. Does that mean a healer in the match is more important? other WZs have other stat-padding going on as well.

Stats do not mean anything in any WZ. MVP votes is just a popularity contest to help friends give medals to their friends. When i play my madness sorc, i get ~400k+ dmg and 200-300k healing. People look at those stats and think 'great off healing sorc', which isnt true, though i do offheal some, most of those heals are from bubbles (non stun variety bubbles) or off-heals.

And for the record, I only vote for folks i personally see doing something good in a WZ, never based on stats at the end of the match. And i'll leave immediately when the 'exit warzone' button appears, as i do not care whether people vote for me or not. All i care about is the win, the credits and the comms. And rarely, if ever, will i vote for a smash-monkey or a bubble-stunning bozo, as those are two of the most idiotic specs ever designed, regardless if they are on my team or not. And i have zero respect for the medal whoring, stat padding mechanisms of those classes (classes, not the players).