Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

dcgregorya
02.17.2013 , 03:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
DPS = selfish
HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive
I don't look at it that way. If I can't outheal what I would do in damage (I don't spread AOEs or DoTs, I focus down their healers and people who need to die) - then its a waste to play a healer. When solo queuing, with no guards, no DPS who knows how to peel, etc, it just seems like I always feel like I wasted the game if I go healer.

foxmob
02.17.2013 , 03:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by midwaypark View Post
Really? Every time I play a warzone (granted not as often as others) healers always get 3+ votes. I personally vote for the tanks (If they're in the warzone anyways) because I know (being one) they never get any votes, even from the healer they were guarding the whole game...
they never get any votes cuz they get double dipper medals. protection and offense. hell, they even snag a healing medal. easily the top medal getters are tanks or hybrids who run with guard. I'm not upset. but when voting time comes around, ppl are less inclined to give tanks the nod cuz the medals come so easy for them.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Xienive
02.17.2013 , 04:06 AM | #23
I don't understand why some people think being a healer means they should get mvp. Sometimes the healer truly is the mvp, but sometimes it's that tank that is the only reason the healer stayed alive. Sometimes it's that stealther that is really good at solo capping VS plants or solo capping nodes, sometimes it's that one dude that actually bothered to play huttball and score for his team while the rest were goofing off fighting. I really hate that last one because if a healer is just fighting in huttball they can tend to get almost all the votes for their numbers while doing very little in actually helping the objective.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

cultivatedmass
02.17.2013 , 04:24 AM | #24
healers get mvps because it's a very boring archetype to play and requires more skill and focus than the other types.

i feel sorry for them so i toss a vote. either them or objective defender.

Knockerz
02.17.2013 , 04:49 AM | #25
I vote for healers simply to try to encourage more players to play a healer. However, if there is one class that piss me off is a dps commando. Unless said dps commando is exceptionally gear, they are useless in warzones and are better off spec healing since that is their most effective spec. BW should add a negative vote so that we can vote down dps commandos. I don't know why any one would want to pvp with a dps commando useless in pvp. Also forgot to include melee scoundrels or operative. These are all people who aren't very gear or starting to gear up. Now if they have gear and augmentations I have no problem with commandos or melee scoundrels or operatives once they are geared since they hit hard, but before they reach that point they are squishy, have little group utility, and don't do a lot of dps. Thus, their best spec to start is a healing spec, which at least helps the group out.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

linbel
02.17.2013 , 05:07 AM | #26
I play a healer on a couple of toons and when it comes to votes, well if there was a guidie in there I vote for them, I then look to see who protected other teammates and then healers then objectives.

Lets not forget the players who take time to cast shield on the healer or ball carrier, they often get no MvP votes and they deserve them as well.

Finally when you have someone who is a good leader ina warzone!

foxmob
02.17.2013 , 06:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cultivatedmass View Post
healers get mvps because it's a very boring archetype to play and requires more skill and focus than the other types.

i feel sorry for them so i toss a vote. either them or objective defender.
actually...healer is the entry role for mmos. it's harder in pvp than pve, but so is everything else. healing isn't much different than grav or lightning spam. anyway, boring archetype because it's relatively easy.

dps is more difficult (most classes), but you can carry bad dps. there's 6 of them. hard to hide if you're bad heals.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

vimm
02.17.2013 , 07:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
actually...healer is the entry role for mmos. it's harder in pvp than pve, but so is everything else. healing isn't much different than grav or lightning spam. anyway, boring archetype because it's relatively easy.

dps is more difficult (most classes), but you can carry bad dps. there's 6 of them. hard to hide if you're bad heals.
Yeah, I find healing to be the easiest role, generally. Tanking is pretty simple too, though.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

AngusFTW
02.17.2013 , 08:17 AM | #29
Actually i find that on my server at least my healer gets a crap tonne of mvp. He's got about half as much wins as my sent dps but is catching up very fast on mvps.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

WaldoA
02.17.2013 , 08:23 AM | #30
I usually only vote for tanks. Or at least people who actually make use of their taunts. I've seen countless people with taunts who have 0 protection and it frustrates me so. There's very few people who actually tank in Warzones, and those that day get beat on the whole match so I feel like they deserve it. Far too many DPS so they aren't worth the vote. As for healing, for some reason I've seen too many people that heal actually want the vote which just makes me cringe.

In the end, if I feel someone deserves the vote then they get it.

EDIT: and like someone else touched up on, is this game ever actually gets more depth to the healing skills, like enchantments from Guild Wars and buffs etc, then I shall vote for them. Right now healing is far too easy and boring. Click on someones tag and click a heal, sorted.