Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

Fievre
02.16.2013 , 11:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
THANK YOU

I'm trying really hard to convey this message. Please read my threads and give feedback in the future.
It's definitely easy to see; I'd say you convey the message well enough. But that's someone else that, when in their right mind and fully functional, plays to win lol. So perhaps I don't count as much as changing the mind of someone who thinks numbers are the most important factor in the game.

MsMalice
02.16.2013 , 11:43 PM | #12
As a healer, I find the opposite to be true. I get a lot of votes on my Scoundrel even if I underperform but my DPS are lucky to get any even if I do well.
RAYE
R.I.P. JIRAYA

Fievre
02.16.2013 , 11:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
DPS = selfish
HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive
And in return, good DPS will help keep you alive with peels. You are nothing without those other 7 people. Don't believe me? Play with 7 kids who tunnel vision and are bad, against a team that has maybe 3 people who pay attention. You'll die, and you'll die quickly.

Ideally, in your average WZ it'd be nice to see everyone get a vote. Unfortunately, your ideal average WZ doesn't occur often. At least one person derps around and farms numbers instead of doing anything directly and intentionally useful. Luckily since they don't happen that can also mean that some people who actually do deserve those MVP votes can show up.

In a Hypergate, I once called incs on our pylon and I wasn't even there. I was mid, healing, and just watching the other guy's HP/debuffs. Generally I was also the only person to turn around and go help him. I'd make orb runs when I was able. But it wouldn't even surprise me to know that MVP votes in that game (a whopping 3 iirc) weren't given for those reasons, but instead because I topped heals. (Because I was the only healer tbh, ha.) Honestly I'm almost positive that played more part in it than anything because that team still lost and just was completely oblivious in general.

So no, you don't automatically deserve votes because you're healing. It takes more than that to deserve them; luckily for you, a lot of people just auto-vote the healer(s) because braindead.

midwaypark
02.16.2013 , 11:58 PM | #14
Really? Every time I play a warzone (granted not as often as others) healers always get 3+ votes. I personally vote for the tanks (If they're in the warzone anyways) because I know (being one) they never get any votes, even from the healer they were guarding the whole game...

xOxDarkyxOx
02.17.2013 , 12:03 AM | #15
DPS cannot exist without healers, just as healers cannot exist without DPS. There is nothing special about being a healer. What I do vote for are those who spend their time guarding the objective.

HuntersPoint
02.17.2013 , 12:13 AM | #16
I usually vote the healer but he has to be good. not just top the heals board will get you a free vote from me
Ryllo @ The Bastion
http://www.twitch.tv/hunterspoint

LarryRow
02.17.2013 , 12:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
I only vote for healers who are capable of affecting the game in more ways than just healing.
Why - WHY!? - do so many people, when they are the second person to post in a thread, find it necessary to quote the first person!?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Zekester
02.17.2013 , 12:21 AM | #18
In General: I vote for who has the most Objection Points
As a Healer: I vote for who has the most Protection (assuming they Guard me, and Taunt a lot.)
As a Tank: I vote for the Healer who stays with me.

vimm
02.17.2013 , 12:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
DPS = selfish
HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive
This is false.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

skymonster
02.17.2013 , 12:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by zekester View Post
in general: I vote for who has the most objection points
as a healer: I vote for who has the most protection (assuming they guard me, and taunt a lot.)
as a tank: I vote for the healer who stays with me.
yup about the same with me
Atton: I don't know what it is about you, but you have this glow, this raidince. I like it.
Exile: Are you sure you haven't had any spice lately?

Sky : http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wi.../Kai_%22Sky%22