Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Beniboybling
02.20.2013 , 11:11 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Dammit you beat me
Jut finished reading them Myself and was about to link them :P
Heh heh heh, more Aurbere prestige for me!

Spartanik
02.20.2013 , 11:33 AM | #62
Quote:
I have a sorcereress, so id love to go all fangirl and tell you that Knox or Sadow would wipe the floor with him, but its simply not true.
Who the hell cares about that anyway? why cant you go fangirl?! is that a sin now?
besides truth in this matter is very overrated. It isnt this canon facts that decide a fight, never. Its always the plot devices and the call made by those who can make it whataver the fans think is the more powerfull.
I think Kreia meant what she said btw she wasnt talking about the strengh of the sith order in its whole she was talking about a very specific thing. But the fans will always interpret the way they want anyway. The fans are always influenced but the works they know and like, regardless of the undenyable truth that its all a matter of opinion of what if scenarios. Because thats the nature of storytelling. Even the more powerfull dont win always even the more powerfull have weakness, wich makes the whole powerfull being rather subjective. You see star wars isnt dragon ball z where the power of Hero or character can be measured by number and the more powerfull cant ever be beaten.
I think this threads are so silly. because there is no way of knowing for sure.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 11:40 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Heh heh heh, more Aurbere prestige for me!
Oh, you guys!

Edit: Back on topic, Sidious wins. Force Lightning, superior dueling skills, take your pick. Really, Malgus has no chance. We can ignore Dark Empire (and the countless other sources) and just use Revenge of the Sith to prove it. He beat Yoda, the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.20.2013 , 12:19 PM | #64
Do I really need to show proof? Are people really gonna be that ignorant of Sidious's power and say he loses to this guy? Now I know Malgus has shown some impressive stuff, but not anywhere near the level of Sidious. I can't believe this has gone on for 7 pages.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 12:32 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Do I really need to show proof? Are people really gonna be that ignorant of Sidious's power and say he loses to this guy? Now I know Malgus has shown some impressive stuff, but not anywhere near the level of Sidious. I can't believe this has gone on for 7 pages.
Proof? All the proof in the world won't stop people from saying 'he got killed by a half dead cyborg!'

It is sad that this has gone on for so long. /sigh
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.20.2013 , 12:37 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Proof? All the proof in the world won't stop people from saying 'he got killed by a half dead cyborg!'

It is sad that this has gone on for so long. /sigh
Yes due to overconfidence in thinking that Vader wouldn't turn on him. Infact, Vader only turned on him because of his love for his son and you know what else? Even if Vader killed Sidious, Sidious still killed Vader...so...ya.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 12:55 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes due to overconfidence in thinking that Vader wouldn't turn on him. Infact, Vader only turned on him because of his love for his son and you know what else? Even if Vader killed Sidious, Sidious still killed Vader...so...ya.
Oh yeah, well... why can't Malgus do that? It's the same argument we see in the other Sidious vs. thread that is currently gracing this forum.

/sigh

saremun
02.20.2013 , 02:19 PM | #68
Darth Sidious for sure, i mean look to what he has done to the republic after he killed Darth Plaguies, he made all the Jedies in his time looke like um.. fools...stupid....foolish....dumb..... little children in robes....

Tahrl
02.20.2013 , 02:53 PM | #69
Sidious is the most powerful Sith to have ever existed. Let me put it this way-

Malgus is a good. In fact, for his era, he is incredibly good. But Sidious has the advantage of a few thousand years of progression in Force techniques, abilities and Lightsaber styles. Which means his abilities will be way more advanced. It would be like pitching a member of the SAS armed with Claymores, a Barett .50cal and an assault rifle Vs. a soldier with a musket and basic shrapnel bombs from the Battle of Waterloo.

Secondly, Sidious has even more of an edge thanks to the Rule of Two, implemented by Bane. According to this rule, the Apprentice has to kill the Master. Which means the Apprentice has to become stronger than the Master. And this happened over, and over and over with each successive Apprentice learning a little more, becoming a little more powerful, until we hit Sidious. The most powerful of the lot. I mean, Sidious was able to drag himself back from the dead. Destroy entire fleets with a Force Storm. Mind control an entire planet. Oh! And move so fast that he couldn't be seen by the human eye. Malgus doesn't have a patch on that.

And if that isn't good enough for you? Well, George Lucas said it was so. Which does kinda make it final.
"Weakling! You will never reach your potential if you falter at the slightest obstacle. Beyond that wall lies your destiny. Beyond that wall lies the full power of the dark side. If you do not have the strength to reach it, then you do not deserve to become a Sith sorcerer!"

Selenial
02.20.2013 , 03:27 PM | #70
Ok, it's over.
Sidius wins. There is NO denying it. There were no scenarios, this was a question of who is stronger, and that, is, Sidius. Hands down.
The two gods of star wars lore, Beni and Aubere have both agreed on it.... So there :P

And to be honest, I don't care ow they interpret Kreias line, it all means the same thing, the weakness was of the current sith order, not the sith in general. My argument stands....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.