Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 12:20 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Only because there was not a influx of Sith Lords roaming the galaxy for the Jedi to prove themselves against.

And concerning Ki-Adi Mundi, he was also underfire from the battle droids behind him.
True for both accounts. What's funny is that the PT Order would destroy an army of Sith. Yoda had been preparing them for another war with the Sith. The Grand Plan was the only way for Sidious to overcome the Jedi Order, making their skills and numbers null and void through superior planning.

Edit: The PT Order gets so under-rated because of Order 66. But no one seems to understand the circumstances surrounding it. They only see what is right in front of them, not caring to look in-depth ()
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
This is a joke. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most powerful jedi that has always followed the jedi code except the one moment when he killed Darth Maul in TPM. From that point on he has followed the jedi code not letting the weakness of the Sith Code to get to him. It is difficult to resist the darkside and Obi-Wan proved strong enough to resist the darkside. He is obviously strong in the force, he defeated the fallen Chosen one and what are you talking about drunk?
As i said i am talking about prowess ,in all other aspects Obi-wan is cool.
Concerning Anakin.He was just converted to the Dark Side,had little experience with it,which made him dangerously overconfident.As in the case with Maul ,Obi-wan was the inferior opponent,but his calm and focus led him to victory.
I can't belive i have to explain this to you,if you are on this site,you are supposed to dig deeper on this subject,and not write as a random guy that watched the movies.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #33
Well to be clear, Anakin was....'drunk' with power as is said, the darkside clouding his judgment and all that with the fatal jump on Mustafar. But other then that, Anakin eventually would have worn Obi-Wan down because really...while Obi-Wan's form was to wear down the opponent and have them make a mistake....Anakin just seemed to bullrush him and not let up at all, it was more of Anakin's judgement that got in the way rather then getting tired out.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 12:22 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
As i said i am talking about prowess ,in all other aspects Obi-wan is cool.
Your proof being?

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 12:27 PM | #35
Its not proof but a quote related to our context
''Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem''

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 12:28 PM | #36
Its not proof but a quote related to our context.
Of course this was said by Count Dooku, who was Obi-Wan's superior in all areas, and using Dun Moch. Plus this was way before Obi-Wan's prime.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 12:29 PM | #37
Its not proof but a quote related to our context.
Lol, Dun Moch - nuff said. I assume then you have no proof and concede the Obi Wan is indeed very powerful?

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 12:37 PM | #38
Lets see:
Inferior to maul even without his legs.
Inferior to Anakin.
Defeated 2 times by Dooku,would be dead if not for Anakin.
For a jedi master of great renown he had huge problems vs a cyborg,not even a force user.
Had huge problems vs a bounty hunter.
Not an impressive resume.
yes he is a cool guy,serving the light,following the code,exemplary jedi,ect,ect. and thats why ''Yoda holds him in hight esteem''.
As above mentioned he is great and all that,but in terms of prowess,and raw power,not impressive.

Anyways.. this is going too much off topic i think.

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 12:39 PM | #39
Lets see:
Inferior to maul even without his legs.
Inferior to Anakin.
Defeated 2 times by Dooku,would be dead if not for Anakin.
For a jedi master of great renown he had huge problems vs a cyborg,not even a force user.
Had huge problems vs a bounty hunter.
Not an impressive resume.
yes he is a cool guy,serving the light,following the code,exemplary jedi,ect,ect. and thats why ''Yoda as him in hight esteem''.
As above mentioned he is great and all that,but in terms of prowess,and raw power,not impressive.

Anyways.. this is going too much off topic i think.
Maul's use of the agressive Juyo form is an obvious advantage over Soresu, however, in their second fight we see Obi-Wan fare much better than their first battle (in TCW).

Yeah, inferior to the Chosen One. Not seeing a problem.

Dooku being THE Makashi Master, having more knowledge and experience, and using Dun Moch (first encounter).

As I recall, Obi-Wan owned Grievous in the first few seconds. It wasn't until Obi-Wan was disarmed that Grievous gained the upper hand, which was quickly lost thanks to Kenobi's quick thinking.

An indestructable Gen'Dai. Most Jedi would have trouble with him, seing as how he is indestructable.

Off topic? Yes, but you sell Kenobi short.

OK, let's bring this back on topic. Sidious wins. We can remove the G-canon statements, we can remove the sourcebooks, and he will still be superior to Malgus. You don't need George, Chee or sourcebooks (DE sourcebook, New Essential Chronology etc) to tell you that. Just look at what he can do.

Force Storms that rip apart fleets and create wormholes.
Master of the seven lightsaber forms.
Believed to know every single Force power (light or dark).
Most powerful Force lightning ever (bending lightsabers and incinerating people in seconds).
Force Flight.
Sith Alchemy.
And the list goes on.

Need feats? Here's one for you: He... defeated... Luke Skywalker.

Edit: Plus, Sidious just looks cooler. I prefer the simplistic dress code of the movies (Vader being the exception), and Sidious looked awesome in those robes.

SoonerJBD
02.17.2013 , 01:33 PM | #40
I love Malgus. He is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. But he is not in the same class as Sideous. The canon makes that pretty clear. Sideous is the most powerful Sith ever.

I don't love the EU canon. The prequel-era Jedi and the post-ROTJ Jedi get way too overpowered. Every author of a new book has to create a ZOMG THIS GUY IS ABLE TO DESTROY PLANETS WITH A DIRTY LOOK charactger. But much as it annoys me, it is there until it is changed.

Not sure where the Obi wan hate comes from. The master of Soresu who defeated Anakin at the end of Revenge of the Sith was not the same Obi wan from the earlier movies. He has perfected Soresu to a point that he is almost invinceable.

Also not following how you can throw EU canon out the window in arguing for Malgus and then cite it to back up your argument that Obi wan wasn't very good. As far as EU canon goes, the Clone Wars stuff is the absolute worst and needs to be retconned into oblivion ASAP.