Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous


LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 09:01 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
For that bit, he drew on the power from Anakin who was on his way in.
I read the RotS novel yesterday, says very basically that he forced Sidious onto the ledge and because of how high it was, Sidious had to lessen his speed and use the force to kind of stick himself onto the ledge so as to not fall out, then Windu took advantage of this momentary pause in force speed and kicked him in the face, did he draw from other's power? sure. did it work? damn straight.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.18.2013 , 09:06 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I read the RotS novel yesterday, says very basically that he forced Sidious onto the ledge and because of how high it was, Sidious had to lessen his speed and use the force to kind of stick himself onto the ledge so as to not fall out, then Windu took advantage of this momentary pause in force speed and kicked him in the face, did he draw from other's power? sure. did it work? damn straight.

Edit: Oh wait, you did say he drew on his power nvrm then.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 09:10 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Edit: Oh wait, you did say he drew on his power nvrm then. Though I don't see anything about Sidious slowing down.
I never said you were wrong, I am just saying he managed to genuinely surprise Sidious in open combat, I am not saying where he got this power from, not at all, I am simply stating his positioning and shatterpoint ability allowed him to take advantage of the environment enough to put the dark lord on his arse.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.18.2013 , 09:11 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I never said you were wrong, I am just saying he managed to genuinely surprise Sidious in open combat, I am not saying where he got this power from, not at all, I am simply stating his positioning and shatterpoint ability allowed him to take advantage of the environment enough to put the dark lord on his arse.
Unless....it was Sidious' plan all along! I mean cause Anakin came in at just the right time. But I see what you mean.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 09:15 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Unless....it was Sidious' plan all along! I mean cause Anakin came in at just the right time. But I see what you mean.
Technically, Anakin didn't come in til a little bit afterwards but yes I get your point, it's the deception theory, a very popular one.

I hold to the thought that Windu did actually square him out in a proper duel, but then the deception started the moment Anakin came walking in, I also realise that the moment Sidious has his force prowess on display, the Weapon master gets fried.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

fellblade's Avatar


fellblade
04.18.2013 , 09:52 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Technically, Anakin didn't come in til a little bit afterwards but yes I get your point, it's the deception theory, a very popular one.

I hold to the thought that Windu did actually square him out in a proper duel, but then the deception started the moment Anakin came walking in, I also realise that the moment Sidious has his force prowess on display, the Weapon master gets fried.
As Far as I am concerned - The Vaapad Siphon is a Force Power - And to me somewhat invalidates a contest of actual duelling skills (as it is not your own Power and from an external source to boost you beyond your actual ability) So Sidious Using His Force powers would be fair to me - in terms of this 'Duel'
Take Away the Siphon and let them fight with what they actually bring themselves (no External Force Powers) and in my opinion Sidious would beat him blade to blade.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 09:57 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
As Far as I am concerned - The Vaapad Siphon is a Force Power - And to me somewhat invalidates a contest of actual duelling skills (as it is not your own Power and from an external source to boost you beyond your actual ability) So Sidious Using His Force powers would be fair to me - in terms of this 'Duel'
Take Away the Siphon and let them fight with what they actually bring themselves (no External Force Powers) and in my opinion Sidious would beat him blade to blade.....
Of course, but that isn't the fact of the matter, he made the Vaapad technique for exactly that reason, fight fire with fire if you will, I think it's one of the most genius ideas any Jedi ever came up with.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.18.2013 , 10:51 AM | #128
Are we really going to let a thread like this be necroed? Come on people were better than this - hit unsubscribe!

marcelo_sdk's Avatar


marcelo_sdk
04.18.2013 , 11:47 AM | #129
I'm a great fan of Malgus, but that comparison is ridiculous.

marcelo_sdk's Avatar


marcelo_sdk
04.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Are we really going to let a thread like this be necroed? Come on people were better than this - hit unsubscribe!
Of course, there's not even how to debate, by commenting we are giving reason to people making topics equally absurd.