Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion concerning awareness/strategy.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Discussion concerning awareness/strategy.

NoTomorrow
02.16.2013 , 09:26 PM | #11
You remove this sorry excuse of pvp map from the map pool. Suddenly pvp is more fun for everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Banderal
02.16.2013 , 09:27 PM | #12
I'm not sure I buy into your "whittle them all down to low, then finish them all off at once" strategy. I'm of the opinion (remember, opinions can be changed easier than beliefs) that while you are getting them all low, they will be busy focus firing and killing you off. Someone with 1/10th their health is hitting you just as hard as someone with 10/10s their health. Then, about the time you get all the defenders to "low" (whatever you decide that is) you will find that you are now outnumbered 2 to 1, and, because they are just as good as you, they end up taking you out instead.

Of course, that's all just made up numbers, but that's the way the games "feel" to me. I've been in plenty of matches where our PUG group is working on getting them all low coincidentally - because we don't focus fire at all, and each of the enemy toons is running around with 1/2 or 1/3 health. Instead of us somehow wiping them all out at the same time, and going on to cap, what usually happens is that we find that our 5 attackers has become 3... I mean 2... I mean 1... oh crap.

So, similar to your strat for voidstar, and timing deaths to the ticks on the door, I think I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that if you have a team that is pulling off these strategies against the other side, then you don't need to be pulling off these strategies. You'd be killing them just using brute-force (as you called it).

But I'm waiting to be convince otherwise.

cashogy_reborn
02.16.2013 , 09:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
arrrrgh its like calculus and physics rolled into one.
no

it is definitely not
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

yauhen_pt
02.16.2013 , 09:32 PM | #14
best strategy is to leave 1 stealth to guard 5-6 with healers go any side to overload it, and 1-2 stealth go another side to cap^^

ps. if they ll press mid hardly, then they ll lose a side..
pps. players could not b equal otherwise both teams would have 1 side and fight for the mid endlessly
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

Technohic
02.16.2013 , 09:33 PM | #15
I can post now?

OK. I am stuck trying to figure out how you get them all low to kill them at the same time if they have a healer.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

AngelofCain
02.16.2013 , 09:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurvv View Post
That being said, I have no idea if that would apply to ranked. I'm not good enough with hybrid shadow and no one wants infil on their team so I very rarely play ranked.

Edit: I don't know about the op, but is it a coincidence that the only people to respond to this thread primarily play stealth classes? I think not.
I feel your pain. I was lucky though when I got picked to be on Meow Mix. I started with them on the same server, and we pvped so much that we just grooved together so well. My partner in all the matches was a sniper (unless there was a stealth job). The way we had things set up was like a buddy system. Healers and tanks went together and we split our remaining 4 dps into 2 kill squads. Usually mara and pt, and stabby op and sniper. But sometimes we just all worked together. P/ts with grapple and sins with pull were my second favorite people to team up with. they pull and I'd open just as they got there and it was just mass murder.

then the P/t crazy hit and slowly I got edged out in favor of FOTM.

Ah well 2147 rating is as good as I care to get til things get more stabby friendly.

As for the only people responding, it's probably cause shiny batstick wielders just jump in and hope for the best. Very few mara's I know actually understand strats, versus just smashing things. or how best to use abilities. I prefer predation over blood thirst only in the fact that it makes me harder to catch even in open combat, (especially in open combat) and it makes healers harder to catch if they are moving faster than the other team.

watching two teams when both pop predation is like (probably) being on the white pony.

and I realized that I derailed and lost the thought of the thread.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Polymerize
02.16.2013 , 09:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurvv View Post
I only read situation A so I'll respond to that one. You send 6 to visibly attack 1 side node, but on the way have 2 stealthers stealth up and do a 180 for the other node. With any luck defenders call out 6 incs, the opponent sends 2 from one side to reinforce, and the stealthers (assuming theyre competent) shred the 2 at the other node with proper use of cc and focus.

That being said, I have no idea if that would apply to ranked. I'm not good enough with hybrid shadow and no one wants infil on their team so I very rarely play ranked.

Edit: I don't know about the op, but is it a coincidence that the only people to respond to this thread primarily play stealth classes? I think not.
Thank you for replying. But the simple fact of the matter is that you completely missed the point of the thread.

The situation is irrelevant. It is learning the logic of what I have presented so you can apply towards any situation you are faced with. I present situations in order to present the logic, otherwise there is no way to explain anything.

Read everything I wrote, thoroughly. Visualize what is written. Understand. Apply.

AngelofCain
02.16.2013 , 09:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
no

it is definitely not
actually is is. Gotta understand the numbers in certain areas, and Human reaction vs actions taken.

so... not quite calculus, (I was making a joke on the team A vs team B deal), but still a lot of things to keep track of on the fly.

and physics, for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.

yauhen_pt
02.16.2013 , 09:39 PM | #19
there is tactic and its different depending on the team composition.
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

AngelofCain
02.16.2013 , 09:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
there is tactic and its different depending on the team composition.
why... is...your font... getting smaller...