Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.18.2013 , 08:02 AM | #41
Barris offee was acting odd in this episode, and she has previously stated Jedi are peace keepers, not warriors in the brain invaders episode...
However I think she was merely used as a ploy to show Ashoka thinking, in this show they never hear thoughts or talk to themselves, feelings are expressed via chat with other characters, and I think that's all offee is...

Also, again, ventress could have easily been hired, just because she hunts Ashoka doesn't mean she's behind it, it's not unbenounced for the republic to put bounties on things clones can't do alone....

Fox, in my opinion isn't behind it. He seems like a very patriotic character, jumping to conclusions comes in a hell of a lot when strong emotions come into play, remember that.

But yeh.... Great writing!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.18.2013 , 08:05 AM | #42
Oh and as for a name...
Anyone can make a name up, and easily put fake things on the holonet about some fake Jedi barely known who did **** all in the war :L

I don't think it was a real name, she wasn't killed because she'd reveal an identity she was killed to gram Ashoka because ahsoka knew she was hired to do it....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.18.2013 , 08:18 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Also, again, ventress could have easily been hired, just because she hunts Ashoka doesn't mean she's behind it, it's not unbenounced for the republic to put bounties on things clones can't do alone....

Fox, in my opinion isn't behind it. He seems like a very patriotic character, jumping to conclusions comes in a hell of a lot when strong emotions come into play, remember that.

But yeh.... Great writing!
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Oh and as for a name...
Anyone can make a name up, and easily put fake things on the holonet about some fake Jedi barely known who did **** all in the war :L

I don't think it was a real name, she wasn't killed because she'd reveal an identity she was killed to gram Ashoka because ahsoka knew she was hired to do it....
Ventress could have been hired, but not by the Republic. After all she did used to be a Separatist agent... I think if she was hired it would have been by Sidious, and anonymously.

Patriotic? I didn't really get those vibes from him. And yeah I suppose the dead troopers makes sense, but Letta? And it seems really (and I mean really) suspicious that Fox didn't get knocked out, wasn't even there, didn't hear a thing and didn't see Ashoka escape on the security systems, or see the key card being placed. I mean he was in the little security compartment, with the screens right in front of him! Then acts all suprised when Ashoka he sees Ashoka had escaped! Surely he would have heard/seen something. Oh and lets not forget that Ashoka's lightsabers and comlink where on the floor. And yet they could only have been accessed from the inside. By a clone.

And also the sound had been sabotaged, only a clone could have accessed those security systems.

Good point about Offee though... I think some sort of Jedi might be involved though.

And about the name. Its just the writers made it look like that was the big secret. But hey, who knows.

Darth__Carnal's Avatar


Darth__Carnal
02.18.2013 , 08:26 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Barris offee was acting odd in this episode, and she has previously stated Jedi are peace keepers, not warriors in the brain invaders episode...
However I think she was merely used as a ploy to show Ashoka thinking, in this show they never hear thoughts or talk to themselves, feelings are expressed via chat with other characters, and I think that's all offee is...

Also, again, ventress could have easily been hired, just because she hunts Ashoka doesn't mean she's behind it, it's not unbenounced for the republic to put bounties on things clones can't do alone....

Fox, in my opinion isn't behind it. He seems like a very patriotic character, jumping to conclusions comes in a hell of a lot when strong emotions come into play, remember that.

But yeh.... Great writing!
I watched the episode again and yeah you might be on to something..

My updated list of suspects are,

1. Barris Offee - Prime Suspect. Her and Ahsoka have talked about how radical Anakin and his methods are. Also I don't think Barris has fully recovered from the infection on Geonosis. She is emotional compromised, and seems conflicted by the war. She also said, "Things will never change" and looked sad when she said it. She has always been the "Square one", "Naive", and looks highly on the things that Ahsoka has achieved. Perfect recipe for her to do something unorthodox and stupid in a effort to spark change and screw up in the process.

2. Darth Maul - Highly possible. Stealth missions are his specialty, and Sidious wastes no time putting his minions to work once he acquires them. Maul could be working with Sidious with the hopes that maybe he can redeem himself and become Sidious apprentice again.

3. Darth Sidious - Not Likely. While fully capable of being able to Force Choke a person on the other side of the planet while attending a meeting with a room filled with Jedi, I don't think he would do mundane work like slip a access card into a prison room. Nor would he lower himself to beating up guards.

4. Ventress - Impossible. Ventress made a promise to herself that she would not be used or be manipulated by anyone. She is independent and works strictly for credits as a Bounty Hunter. She is not the Cad Bane type of Bounty Hunter who will gladly steal younglings for credits. She has principles now. Also, Darth Sidious would instantly kill her if he had the chance. He wants her dead and ordered Dooku to killl her. If he was willing to take out Maul, who was more powerful then Ventress, why would he align himself with Ventress is so low down on the Darkside totem pole.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
02.18.2013 , 08:33 AM | #45
Good Episode

I think its very possible it was Ashsoka's friend that was helping her escape; Barriss Ofee.

The quote about Ahsoka not sensing the other person is curious.

Perhaps palpatine did kill the chick in the room to frame Ahsoka but Barriss aided in the escape because she thought Ahsoka was guilty, IMO she seemed like she woudl have wanted revenge. Not a huge believer that is palpatine, but the inability to sense anyone else is something sidious is very good at. Then again see may not notice an ally like Barriss.

Ventress needs to make some appearance and I am interested to see that play out. Maybe Ahsoka will seek her out because she thinks she is behind the entire plot. Ventress is an awesome character and also an awesome link between the sith and the jedi, i oftern wonder just how much she knows. She may not know about Palpatine, but she may have generalized knowledge that the jedi and the republic are unknowingly under control of the Sith and that the entire war has been a fascade.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.18.2013 , 08:34 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ventress could have been hired, but not by the Republic. After all she did used to be a Separatist agent... I think if she was hired it would have been by Sidious, and anonymously.

Patriotic? I didn't really get those vibes from him.
I think we have opposite views on hiring here. I mean that the replic would happily say "500,000 credits for this Jedi captured, alive"
Anyone could try cash in on it, and centres wouldn't even have to let on that it was her...

Patriotic was the wrong word, dedicated maybe, dedicated to the clones more than anything...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.18.2013 , 08:40 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
I watched the episode again and yeah you might be on to something..

My updated list of suspects are,

1. Barris Offee - Prime Suspect. Her and Ahsoka have talked about how radical Anakin and his methods are. Also I don't think Barris has fully recovered from the infection on Geonosis. She is emotional compromised, and she also as of late seems conflicted by the war.

2. Darth Maul - Highly possible. Stealth missions are his specialty, and Sidious wastes no time putting his minions to work once he acquires them. Maul could be working with Sidious with the hopes that maybe he can redeem himself and become Sidious apprentice again.

3. Darth Sidious - Not Likely. While fully capable of being able to Force Choke a person on the other side of the planet while attending a meeting with a room filled with Jedi, I don't think he would do mundane work like slip a access card into a prison room. Nor would he lower himself to beating up guards.

4. Ventress - Impossible. Ventress made a promise to herself that she would not be used or be manipulated by anyone. She is independent and works strictly for credits as a Bounty Hunter. She is not the Cad Bane type of Bounty Hunter who will gladly steal younglings for credits. She has principles now. Also, Darth Sidious would instantly kill her if he had the chance. He wants her dead and ordered Dooku to killl her. If he was willing to take out Maul, who was more powerful then Ventress, why would he align himself with Ventress is so low down on the Darkside totem pole.
I really think you should add Commander Fox to that list as prime suspect numero uno, his actions in that episode were extremely suspicious and make no sense. Also an inside agent would be needed to get Maul or whoever into the prison.

1. Bariss Offee - possible, but would she go as far as too attack her own Order? That seems very extreme for someone so dedicated to the Order. Also there is a sizeable amount of story on Offee after these events, including her demise during Order 66. But then again, maybe she'll be forgiven/redeemed...

2. I agree, Maul could be a suspect. But then again, getting him into the base undetected by both Jedi, clone and security cameras alike would be very difficult. Also he wouldn't be able to pose as a Jedi.

3. I agree again, I think Sidious is involved but he likely has some sort accomplice doing the dirty work for him. Then again... maybe not? Sidious is the only one who could pull of such feats in a straight up attack e.g. practically render himself invisible/undetectable.

4. True, but you need to explain Ventress' later appearance in the Coruscant undercity. Its possible she was hired anonymously to kill Ashoka. She has principles, but she hates Jedi and I doubt has any qualms killing Ashoka. But then again, if I recall she attacks Clone Troopers (only slicing their weapons) and doesn't actually kill Ashoka when she has the chance (at least it looks that way) So is it possible Ventress is only trying to subdue Ashoka and help her? But Ashoka doesn't listen because of Ventress' passed history? Maybe Ventress knows something.

I'm still betting Fox has something to do with this. But I think there's another person involved. Question is, like Tarkin says, how could a lightsaber wielding, force wielding individual infiltrate a secure facility and not be sensed or seen? If Fox is involved, maybe he helped the person get inside.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.18.2013 , 08:43 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I think we have opposite views on hiring here. I mean that the replic would happily say "500,000 credits for this Jedi captured, alive"
Anyone could try cash in on it, and centres wouldn't even have to let on that it was her...

Patriotic was the wrong word, dedicated maybe, dedicated to the clones more than anything...
OK I see, yeah it could play out that way. That would also explain why it looks like Ventress isn't actually trying to kill her, and is wearing a mask (to hide her identity.)

And yeah, he's a clone. But remember Slick? He betrayed his clones and worked as an informant for the Separatists. Also, if Sidious is involved. He could pull some sort of 'Order 66' to get Fox to comply. I mean, he is the Chancellor.

Still, if it isn't Fox - how to you explain all that suspicious stuff I mentioned?

EDIT: Crazy theory, Fox isn't Fox - he's been replaced by some sort of doppelganger and Sidious pawn!

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.18.2013 , 08:45 AM | #49
Your right beni,
I'm re watching the episode now, and some things appear very suspicious.
The holo recording played to prove ahsokas guilt only shows her with her hands pointed at letta, it doesn't show the start when Ashoka is there with he arms crossed intently listening when she starts to get choked.

Their resistance to Anakin also makes me suspicious of them, who would act so aggressive to a general and stick to and admirals orders so intently? I get Tarken is military and skywalker is a Jedi, but still....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.18.2013 , 08:48 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post


EDIT: Crazy theory, Fox isn't Fox - he's been replaced by some sort of doppelganger and Sidious pawn!
more likely crazy theory Sidious is controlling his body!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger