Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.17.2013 , 05:34 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Hmmm, I get the feeling the writers were making it look like it was Anakin, but then revealed it was not when they showed Anakin was not actually there... interesting thought though, who's to say the person who force choked Letta is the same one who helped Ashoka escape? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? The person who choked Letta obviously wanted to keep something from Ashoka, while making it look like her to remove her from the picture. So why then would this person then help her escape? And go to such lengths to further make Ashoka look guilty?

I highly doubt this person could possibly have masterminded the whole thing, from the Jedi Temple sabotage, to framing Ashoka... Maybe Ashoka just got in the way and framing her was a means of taking her out, but again, why not just stop with her imprisonment? Why let her escape and frame her for more murders?

So this is the way I see it. This 'person' - possibly a Jedi - orchestrated the attack on the Temple. Letta attempted to tell Ashoka, the only Jedi she could trust, who this person was. The person, wishing it to remain a secret, silenced Letta and framed Ashoka. However another individual (possibly Ventress) seeking for some reason to undermine this person, helped Ashoka to escape, killing the guards not to frame her, but to stop them preventing her escape.

But why free Ashoka? She doesn't actually know anything. Well I remembered what Tarkin said, that the sound of the recording had been tampered with, so only Ashoka knows that Letta was working for a Jedi. And maybe this other person needs Ashoka to convince the Jedi. Just a theory, but I think there could be two people involved in this.
I know for a fact a few people who it is not, but i wanted to jump in here and point out some flawed logic, perhaps the only time i ever could with it being you and all ^^

The person who killed Letta would know that if ahsoka was caught she would be put into custody, but if she escaped, and "killed 3 clone troopers" then a kill on sight order would be issued and she would be taken out of the picture completely.

What doesnt add up is who it is, i doubt it is ventress, i never thought she is one powerful enough to cloak herself through the force so that even a jedi couldnt sense her, as the newly appointed Admiral Tarken so happily pointed out.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.17.2013 , 05:38 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol confused again, what's your point here?

Remember though, Commander Fox was not one of ones knocked out, he didn't see anything.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention that I found strange. Captain Rex remarks when he saw the dead troopers that Ashoka would never do something like this. Yet when Anakin leaves he tells the other clones that she has killed three troopers and should be considered dangerous... Sidious' influence?
I think his point was that Commander Fox would have heard the screams of the soldiers as they were cut or the sound of slashing sabers being just behind ahsoka, thus he couldnt really believe it was her. In the heat of the moment i dont think he would put the pieces together but perhaps he realises later on, as Anakin tries to convince others, that it can't have been her.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
02.17.2013 , 05:39 PM | #33
My guess is it's Sidious who's behind it, shrouding himself from others, force choking from long distance

Not to mention the episode had Tarkin saying this about Palpatine, "I assure you, he rarely does anything without a strategy" Foreshadowing?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.17.2013 , 05:52 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
My guess is it's Sidious who's behind it, shrouding himself from others, force choking from long distance

Not to mention the episode had Tarkin saying this about Palpatine, "I assure you, he rarely does anything without a strategy" Foreshadowing?
The most recent parts of this series have been about sidious' manipulation but thats not to say this will too, they could decide to focus solely on anakin and ahsoka and have some random low life nobody who will have no relation to current lore come in just to make sure there arent any repurcussions or mis-focussing. :L
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 06:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
My guess is it's Sidious who's behind it, shrouding himself from others, force choking from long distance

Not to mention the episode had Tarkin saying this about Palpatine, "I assure you, he rarely does anything without a strategy" Foreshadowing?
Hmmm... in hindsight when I remembered that line, I thought the same thing. Which also made me think that perhaps Tarkin is involved in this somehow. He seemed very persistent in shooting Ashoka down when she protested, and pretty antagonistic towards her. By that I mean he was almost taunting her when he pointed out the flaws in her position, as if he knew that this would happen. But does that mean Tarkin knows Palpatine is a Sith Lord? Or perhaps only half the truth...

Oh and Selenial, good point. But lets say it is Sidious, what are his motives? I find it hard to believe he planned on getting Ashoka into that scenario from the start, so maybe she was just a problem that needed to be removed. However, the lightsaber cuts, knocked out guards and magically appearing key card would heavily suggest he has some sort of accomplice carrying out his bidding - he rarely went for the hands on approach. And that accomplice could have posed as a Jedi... still really unsure about this, but really want to work it out!

Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The most recent parts of this series have been about sidious' manipulation but thats not to say this will too, they could decide to focus solely on anakin and ahsoka and have some random low life nobody who will have no relation to current lore come in just to make sure there arent any repurcussions or mis-focussing. :L
I don't know if you've seen the trailers, but Ashoka finds Ventress in the undercity, who tries to kill her. That leads me to believe Ventress has something to do with this...

P.S. One thing that still doesn't fit. How come Letta had a name for Ashoka? That seems to imply that is was actually a Jedi involved in this, and not Maul or Ventress or another pawn of Sidious. Because they for one would have had difficulty posing as a Jedi, and would not have given her a name... that part just doesn't seem to make sense. And if it was a Jedi, how would Letta know his/her name - surely she wouldn't have recognized the Jedi, and surely the Jedi wouldn't have given her a name.

UndyingImhotep's Avatar


UndyingImhotep
02.17.2013 , 06:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol confused again, what's your point here?

Remember though, Commander Fox was not one of ones knocked out, he didn't see anything.
My point being is that Asoka would not have had enough time to kill the three Troopers before Fox came around the corner, guns blazing, about 1-2 seconds after Asoka found the bodies. Fox then giving the Shoot to Kill order didn't make sense to me because of the time involved.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.17.2013 , 08:39 PM | #37
Great episode! Everything about it from the atmosphere to the dialogue was phenomenal!

As for the debate on who could have bombed the Jedi Temple Hanger and killed all those Clones, by guess is that its Barriss with Sidious giving the orders.

Darth__Carnal's Avatar


Darth__Carnal
02.17.2013 , 09:29 PM | #38
You guys gave up on Maul so easily...

1. Did you ever think for a second, Sidious could of used Maul to do it ?
2. Ventress is a bounty hunter now, if anything she would be hired to track Ahsoka down, not set her up.
3. Sidious giving Ahsoka a keycard ? That is kind of beneath the Sith Lord. He got people for that type of work.
4. Sidious said he got uses for Maul, and Maul is probably not in a position to refuse.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.18.2013 , 12:32 AM | #39
Quote:
One thing that still doesn't fit. How come Letta had a name for Ashoka? That seems to imply that is was actually a Jedi involved in this, and not Maul or Ventress or another pawn of Sidious. Because they for one would have had difficulty posing as a Jedi, and would not have given her a name... that part just doesn't seem to make sense. And if it was a Jedi, how would Letta know his/her name - surely she wouldn't have recognized the Jedi, and surely the Jedi wouldn't have given her a name.
I think its Filani or whats her name. The Mirilian ashoka friend.
since that event after geonosis i think she never was the same. And her talk in this episode about given to her emotions being the right thing, its rather suspicious.

One think is for certain the mere fact we are debating this means they are doing a great job with this show.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.18.2013 , 07:51 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
I think its Filani or whats her name. The Mirilian ashoka friend.
since that event after geonosis i think she never was the same. And her talk in this episode about given to her emotions being the right thing, its rather suspicious.

One think is for certain the mere fact we are debating this means they are doing a great job with this show.
I agree, there was something suspicious about the way she was acting/looked in that episode. And her name is Bariss Offee .Then again, she does have a reputation for being a goody goody light side Jedi. Sort of a ying to Ashoka's yang.

Another thought I had. Commander Fox, could he be in on this? Here's why:

Letta said she was told Ashoka was the Jedi she should talk to if she had something to say. Yet we never see Ashoka or Anakin or anyone tell her that. Commander Fox could have told her this.

Commander Fox had Ashoka arrested, and ignored all the evidence against her being the culprit. He jumped immediately to the conclusion she had done it, also the sound was 'conveniently' not working - only a clone could have had access to the security systems, not even a Jedi and certainly not Ventress or Maul.

Fox only one who conveniently didn't get knocked out and didn't hear the troopers get attacked and didn't see Ashoka escape, nor did he hear or see the 'attacker' retrieve Ashoka's lightsabers and comlink, despite having security cameras monitoring the halls and the cell (which would have also seen the key card being dropped) and presumably not being tone deaf and blind.

Fox jumped to the conclusion that Ashoka had killed the troopers, and gave the order to shoot to kill. And he didn't recall that order when Anakin told him to do so.

Ashoka's comlink was active when she found it. Its possible that Commander Fox sabotaged the facilities systems (so the other clones wouldn't see Ashoka escape), and here's an idea - gassed the guards. That way they wouldn't remember anything or see their attacker. With the security inactive, the comlink was used to alert Fox to Ashoka's escape.

Basically it all seems very suspicious, especially the fact that Fox saw or heard absolutely nothing until Ashoka turned up. So its possible that, say, under the orders of Sidious, Commander Fox and another person put this whole Jedi Temple plot into motion. Ashoka got in the way and they attempted to take her out of the picture. Now Ashoka has escaped Ventress has been anonymously hired to kill her - money is her motive. That would explain her appearance.

Only question is, who's the Jedi?

And yeah your right, this intrigue has been brilliantly written!