Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the answer to balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
the answer to balance

MitchPB
02.17.2013 , 03:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Personally I'd just prefer everything to be scaled back to 1.1.5.
The good ol' days

mrekxxx
02.17.2013 , 03:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.
this ...

mrekxxx
02.17.2013 , 03:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
What about nerfing the only ability in this game that can hit for 7k =)
and what about healers? and single heals 10k ... or operative insta aoe heal 6k without casting time

tacito
02.17.2013 , 03:34 AM | #14
ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.
Well, call me a noob, but what would those 8 abilities be? I mean, we're talking regular PvP, not optimized EWH against PvE heroes, right? Because I can't think of anything else hitting as hard. Railshot? Nah. Maul? Nah. Discharge? Nah. Deathfield? Nah. Hidden Strike? Nah. Ambush? Don't think so. Maybe a Ravage from a Carnage Marauder with active 100% armor ignore, but then again, that's a combo of two skills with a 3s execution time, interruptable by stuns, mezzes and knockbacks.

Does every single player on my server just suck at putting together their gear, or is that statement a... little... exaggerated?

Wainamoinen
02.17.2013 , 04:12 AM | #15
Not on someone with 1300 expertise there aren't. Only Smash.

And while props to the OP for making constructive suggestions, boosting everyone's health would make PvP worse. Classes that do smaller damage, or burst damage, would be stuffed. Stuffed-er.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

JackNader
02.17.2013 , 04:13 AM | #16
Increasing the health pools wouldn't fix the balance issues at all.

What would happen :-
Jug and Powertech tanks would become weaker as their damage would not be able to close the gap when their cooldowns dropped off.
Sin tanks would become considerably stronger as their self heal would gain a significant boost.
High sustain damage classes like combust spec powertechs and marauders would become stronger.
Concealment operatives would become considerably weaker as all they have is their opening burst.
Sorcs, not really sure as their self heal might actually help them to outlast higher sustained damage classes. My guess is they would actually become weaker.
Mercs still won't get a cast off so they would still be useless.

patyc
02.17.2013 , 04:46 AM | #17
In my own opinion, all kinds classes should be balance, for example all DPS, should the same chance for win with other DPS class, I plays assassin deception this is typical dps assassin and on WZ i only one time made 446k dmg (usually around 200k) but for juggernaut is nothing special.
The same lvl assassin haven't any chance with the same lvl juggernaut. I saw many movies and I saw how easy all jugg's hard hit it is silly for me. For me should be change something because plays other dps than juggernaut wont be have any sense.
If you compare assassin tank and juggernaut tank you will see that juggs in this category win. So I wondering what intention programmers has when they created assassins class.

Cuppcake
02.17.2013 , 08:39 AM | #18
Seen some posts in here saying TTK is in a good place.
No offence meant, but I want whatever you're smoking!

Lets take an average healthpool of ~20k for non tank builds, in pretty much optimized gear. (1200+ expertise etc..)
5k hits are very common, most classes can pump out 2-3 in a row without much hassle.
When the stars allign, some classes can run you down in 5-6 GcD's, granted with a little RnG luck.

Some classes have superb survivability tools that can draw out the TTK, other classes do not.
On my PT I can pretty much obliterate squishy's in absolutely no time.
Knights/warriors can do the same, as can snipers, and an assassin can rip you a new hole before you knew what happened to.

Anyway, not to rant (much) but in allot of situations people die before they even had a chance to react properly.
Thats not just down to silly amounts of burst (5k hits on 20k healthpools) but also the (imo) flawed resolve system.
A 4 second stun, considering 1 player alone can take over a quarter of your health in a single GcD seems rather silly.

You can't say TTK in tor is in a good place and really mean it, unless you want PvP to play like an FpS with "BOOM HEADSHOT" every other second.

I'd be quite happy if they toned down ALL the burst a little, and I really think that alone could make PvP more enjoyable.

Arlanon
02.17.2013 , 11:35 AM | #19
you people trying to pound a square peg into a round hole whining about balance

balance will never be achieved between classes where classes are different. here are your options:

1 - make every class identical

2 - stop sucking

use your brain, play to your class and spec strengths, pick your battles, oh wait i probably lost you at "use your brain" so i'll just stop now

Zakmonster
02.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #20
I do think TTK is in a good place right now. It could stand to be just a little bit higher, but it is currently not horrible.

I think one of the things that would relieve a lot of the frustration from PvP is to lower the base cool down of the everyone's CC-break skill to 1 minute. This would make the CC-breaker have an equal cool down to most of the ST stuns. Having your CC-break available more often would also mean less time spent stunlocked to death.