Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the answer to balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
the answer to balance

Tragamite
02.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1
buff every ones health! If a sorc/sage had 22k health base at 50 and tanks had upwards of 35-40k then these 7k hits wouldn't hurt as bad. People would get to do more damage over time and killing healers would increase as priorities. Stun locks would not mean instadeath and give the player a chance to counter.

PvE wise bosses could be harder mops could be harder. You could maintain the current damage/healing and not OP either. Maintain skills and CCs and not OP either.

Buff the base health of all classes and buff the health gained by gear towards roles. Thus for a warrior the war leader set would give bonuses to defense shield absorption and health, while the vindicator set gives bonuses to strength power critic and surge to minimize the idea that a DPS warrior could gain the health of a tank and still drop the 7k hits.

Racter
02.16.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
Terrible idea, especially in a game with all objective oriented PVP. No nodes would be capped, no bombs would be planted, no scores would be prevented. Hypergate and Novare would never end.

criminalheretic
02.16.2013 , 01:44 PM | #3
Yeah bad idea, although I admit it sounds good at 1st. Truth is while TTK might seem really low, it's in a good place if you have 2 healers. Meaning if you raise the TTK, while it might make matches without healers a little less painful, it would indirectly make healers totally OP. Give them twice as much time to do their job, and all of a sudden it would just seem like no ever dies.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

WaldoA
02.16.2013 , 01:51 PM | #4
This wouldn't help at all. All this would do is make the current heavy hitters not seem to be as troublesome, but it'd make the current low hitters be even worse. I don't fancy having to kill someone with double the health whilst still doing my bad damage as a Sorc.

Tragamite
02.16.2013 , 03:02 PM | #5
Caps could be made the way they can now through the use of cc. Maybe my base health is a bit exaggerated but it would overall improve the state of the game IMO.

Currently the complaints of PvP are stuns and smash. Health boosts minimizes the effectiveness of both. Healing currently is great with 2-3 healers if group comp is favorable towards them. Groups with no tanks still have low surviveability and minimal DPS means you still can't kill anyone.

Groups of stun smashers would be marginalized as good group composition makes a return to Ranked matches. While I agree with the argument that healers given all players had double the health would have twice the time to react, yet an increase in health to all players to an acceptable amount would not OP them.

Smash is an aoe 7k attack I've yet to see a 7k aoe heal to counter it. even afforded the chance to come out of a unlock with 1k or less health could give a player the opportunity to attempt to counter. I've never heard anyone say "man that guy is good he just stunned me to death!" have you?

While a health boost may not be the absolute answer to balance it would greatly benefit all. Additionally id add that recruit gear should give more health than EWH as a way to improve surviveability to new recruits over the effectiveness of EWH gear. Stats like +70 armor +10 Str +3 end +20 pow +15 exp +30 crit +30 surge from

Raansu
02.16.2013 , 03:22 PM | #6
Personally I'd just prefer everything to be scaled back to 1.1.5.

tekhiun
02.16.2013 , 04:10 PM | #7
What about nerfing the only ability in this game that can hit for 7k =)
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Racter
02.16.2013 , 11:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
What about nerfing the only ability in this game that can hit for 7k =)
ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.

KettleBelll
02.16.2013 , 11:35 PM | #9
Operative healers are really strong because of the spam healing they can do to target's under 30% health.

If you made that under 30% health a much larger number, you would see quite the difference in balance.

KettleBelll
02.16.2013 , 11:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
ROFL have you ever PVPed in this game? There are at least 8 off the top of my head that can hit this hard and harder.
This x2