Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

znihilist
02.17.2013 , 06:15 AM | #21
Jugg/Mara has nothing except sweep/smash in that tree. And before you tell me "but X adv class can not do the same damage with their AOE ability" remember that all these X's can do other things beside their AOE.
The rage tree is an AOE tree, they can not do 1v1. All they can do is jump and smash and then run away. Too bad they are getting a nerf, but hey it is just 16%.

Ps, I don't use the Rage tree on my mara.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

Memo-
02.17.2013 , 06:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
The rage tree is an AOE tree, they can not do 1v1. All they can do is jump and smash and then run away.
Anyone who claims that they can't handle 1on1 situations with a Rage-Mara simply has NO idea what they are doing.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Väli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Rai'jin
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

znihilist
02.17.2013 , 06:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
Anyone who claims that they can't handle 1on1 situations with a Rage-Mara simply has NO idea what they are doing.
Well I never used it so that was more or less my opinion, looking at the skill tree they don't look they can handle themselves as good as Carnage/Annihilation would.
And yes a mara would fare well better than a jugg in 1v1 while using the rage tree. But that still doesn't change the fact that rage is supposed to do AOE damage.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

Knockerz
02.17.2013 , 07:26 AM | #24
You can use your dodge ability as an operative. Their smash can miss. Otherwise, you can stack endurance, but don't know how effective that will be since it will lower your healing or damage output.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Wainamoinen
02.17.2013 , 07:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
You can use your dodge ability as an operative. Their smash can miss.
Smash is force, dodge doesn't work against it.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

venomlash
02.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Saw a 49 twink running around smashing like mad last night. I don't parse and did not see a killing blow from smash from him but huge chunks of health went away when he hit. I would guess he did upwards of 5K, maybe even more in sub-50. I was on my scrapper so I was sure to shoot first when he would leap or if I saw him choking someone. Couldn't contain him. All I could do was try to be as annoying as possible. Was kind of fun, actually.
For reference, Scrapper is one of the best counters to lolsmash.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

AngelofCain
02.17.2013 , 09:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Smash is force, dodge doesn't work against it.
this is understood, but it does randomly miss. Don't know why but it does.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

SpoeMeister
02.18.2013 , 03:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
Ok, I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with...

Gearwise, what are the best stats to reduce the dmg dealt (for me as an operative). Would that be absorption and/or defense rating. As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Thanks
Stack into power because it would also increase the amount absorbed by your shield probe (or so I've been told). Power also increases your healing done.

As stated before, never stack absorption if you're not using a shield. Defense rating only helps with ranged and melee abilities, force sweep is not one of those. So that's useless too.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

wadecounty
02.18.2013 , 12:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
this is understood, but it does randomly miss. Don't know why but it does.
If someone uses an accuracy debuff on you, that can make it miss. Many smashers skip accuracy completely in their gearing since they depend mostly on smash, so at 90% base accuracy they'll have 100% force accuracy. If say, a PT tank uses Oil Spill on you, your force accuracy will drop to 80%, meaning only a 4/5 chance to land your smashes.

Tando-Fett
02.18.2013 , 02:11 PM | #30
Smash/Force sweep feats in the Focus tree are a joke. Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs, then SMASHLOL = 5-7k hit on EVERYONE around the smashLOL monkey.

Smashmonkeys need to be nerfed.

Signed,

Vigilance Guardian