Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

DweezillKagemand
02.16.2013 , 02:08 PM | #11
Son, I've hit people for 6k in the low level bracket
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Wainamoinen
02.16.2013 , 02:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Its an op spec that will eventually be nerfed. Best bet atm is just to avoid the smshes although sometimes they are unavoidable if he decides to go after you, if you see him leaping to someone to smash get out the way so you wont take any smashes passively.. it is aoe after all ^^
Yeah. Try not to stand in tempting clumps of players. Expertise might help reduce damage a bit, but your best bet is to heal up faster than he can hit you. Stun/root him and get out of there after his leap before he smashes, if you can - you can't always. Get a tank to guard you and make sure they don't stand close enough to get hit by the same smashes.

Basically, as said, it's OP and you'll have to live with it until Bioware get around to nerfing it.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Kunixp
02.16.2013 , 02:38 PM | #13
When he leaps, Hidden Strike him and hope it puts him on his face
Provix 50 PT, B'ful-oblivion up and coming Operative

Paperbackrider
02.16.2013 , 03:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Unless you have a mustache with grey hairs in it, calling someone son makes you sound like a dick.

ObscureKnight
02.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #15
Wait till you hit 50 OP, then you will get nailed for twice that on a reoccurring occasion.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger All 55's and HM able with some NiM able

HuntersPoint
02.17.2013 , 12:29 AM | #16
I'm just gonna drop this here,

for 3 days I played on focus spec, lemme tell you its boring as all hell, the worse 1 trick pony of all.
I'm completely min maxdd wh with some pieces of elite war hero mixed in as I'm min maxing ewh now.

my biggets crit against an annoying assassin were 2 x 8k+ sweeps.
I want at least one of my attacks on combat spec to hit like that.....

besides that its a terrible spec and only guardian/juggernauts should use it, mara/sents on focus spec are just braindead terrible players.
Ryllo @ The Bastion
http://www.twitch.tv/hunterspoint

Jenzali
02.17.2013 , 12:56 AM | #17
IIRC "base damage" means how much damage the ability will do if you have no gear equipped and no talents chosen. So it's never going to be close to how much the ability will actually hit for, especially if it's one that auto-crits like Force Sweep and has various damage multipliers and surge bonuses (plus the fact that the character may have been twinked).
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

tendura
02.17.2013 , 03:31 AM | #18
Here is a WZ Force Sweep from earlier tonight. They do indeed hurt.

xxIncubixx
02.17.2013 , 04:32 AM | #19
i have seen yesterday a 9904 sweep, not on myself, but i did see someone do it... hilarious to say the least.

The auto crit needs to be removed.

Zican
02.17.2013 , 04:52 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Did hit someone for 6k+ in the 10-49 bracket, the Smasher has to be completely twinked out and the target has to be very undergeared, probably with debuffs as well.