Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great start.

Godjinrai
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by churp View Post
so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.
I'm not sure why people are crying, they knew this was how it was going to be for awhile now...but once it happens everyone acts shocked they didn't get an invite..lol

Drachii
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by churp View Post
hahahahahaha, who woulda thought?
Omnomnom, tears.
. - Voyage safely, my little orange friend. We shall not forget!

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 01:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Drachii View Post
Omnomnom, tears.
omonomnom regurgitation.
Liberate

RylanStorm
12.13.2011 , 01:19 PM | #24
I thought the game launched on the 20th?

WatchTheGrass
12.13.2011 , 01:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Man if feels good to be a day one pre-orderer
Man it feels bad to be a 12th of December 2011 pre-orderer.

I usually wait until a few weeks before release to read up about a game, stops me from hyping myself up months/years ahead of time.

First time this habit has ever shot me in the foot. Ah well, got Tribes:Ascend to play until a certain magical email decides to grace my inbox.

Jesedi
12.13.2011 , 01:19 PM | #26
Servers may be smooth now, but when a lot of people get on tonight after working, it may be a bit more laggy...
Don't hate me because I'm CE VIP

CorranTyev
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Outbreakz View Post
Its an illusion, they only invited the people who preordered in July (And not even all of them) That is why you are not getting lag, there are only like 120,000 players online.
It is not an illusion. That is the exact reason they have a staggered entry. Q Q moar?
INDIGNATION
Republic || Hardcore PvP || Casual PvE || Mature || US West

[Website] [Recruitment Thread] [Apply]

Azaranth
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Godjinrai View Post
I'm not sure why people are crying, they knew this was how it was going to be for awhile now...but once it happens everyone acts shocked they didn't get an invite..lol
Furthermore, they're actually ahead on their promises. They said (up to) 5 days of early access. They start letting a few people in 7 days early, and everyone is suddenly acting entitled.

I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of pre-orders are activated for 4 or 5 days of Early Access. BioWare is underpromising and overdelivering, and people are having a meltdown because they don't get to take cuts in line. It blows my mind.

As to the folks who say they'd want unstable servers over phased access: Have you ever worked for a company that's delivered a product launch? The out-of-the-box experience is critical. Phased Access gives them control over that experience, and they're still 2 days ahead of schedule.

Prelate
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #29
I agree with the OP. This has run like a beautiful symphony.

I feel bad for those who are frothing to get in, but it's just the ticking of the clock now.

No bugs so far, no queue's once logged in, quests ran perfectly. I am genuinely delighted!
"Jedi go to Heaven"
"Sith go alll the way"

rkopczak
12.13.2011 , 01:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by WatchTheGrass View Post
Man it feels bad to be a 12th of December 2011 pre-orderer.

I usually wait until a few weeks before release to read up about a game, stops me from hyping myself up months/years ahead of time.

First time this habit has ever shot me in the foot. Ah well, got Tribes:Ascend to play until a certain magical email decides to grace my inbox.

well in every other mmo I played I always bought pre-order and always played on day one. Stagger release is just pure BS.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!