Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Great start.


rkopczak's Avatar


rkopczak
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaranth View Post
So you think they'd be better off giving simultaneous access too everyone, and having massive server instability?

Obviously the servers are stable because they're gradually opening up Early Access. It was the right call, and everyone will be happier for it if it means they root out server problems before they become a crisis.

yes, it's mmo after all. not single player game, we are used to crowd on release.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!

Azaranth's Avatar


Azaranth
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by churp View Post
so whats the difference between a server crash and millions of people who bought the game but arnt allowed to play? none, bad launch.
With a server crash, no one gets to play.
With gradual access, more and more people get to play every few hours?

Seems like a large difference to me.

Liberate's Avatar


Liberate
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaranth View Post
So you think they'd be better off giving simultaneous access too everyone, and having massive server instability?

Obviously the servers are stable because they're gradually opening up Early Access. It was the right call, and everyone will be happier for it if it means they root out server problems before they become a crisis.
Of course you think its the right call, because you're IN GAME.

I was apart of multiple beta's even the mass stress test, they're playing it too safe. Don't talk down to me like I don't know the point of staggering.

We had more people in the zones during beta and it was running FINE. For some reason they forget this is an MMO, and SHOCKER people might get bunched up.

Im not upset about waiting, im upset at how sissy they're taking this.
Liberate

churp's Avatar


churp
12.13.2011 , 01:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaranth View Post
With a server crash, no one gets to play.
With gradual access, more and more people get to play every few hours?

Seems like a large difference to me.
same thing as various servers crashing, nice try

Kozor's Avatar


Kozor
12.13.2011 , 01:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaranth View Post
With a server crash, no one gets to play.
With gradual access, more and more people get to play every few hours?

Seems like a large difference to me.
So you're going on about low latency and at the same time you know it's only because of small number of players?

Logic fail.

Wait for full launch, and if latency will be just as low than you can make a thread about a good launch that actually makes sense. Right now it's just defeating the purpose

DSPD's Avatar


DSPD
12.13.2011 , 01:12 PM | #16
They're doing an awesome job alienating the er... building the community. :P I can't wait to play, and the more I hit the *********** refresh key, my excitement level just keeps growing and growing.

Ganiccus's Avatar


Ganiccus
12.13.2011 , 01:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Your 'experience' is going 'so well' because there is barely anyone playing.
This.

Glad you and the other 5 people on that planet are having such a lag-free game session.
"It's a curse...being blessed with so much to offer."

http://www.youtube.com/binkacus

Shadowkire's Avatar


Shadowkire
12.13.2011 , 01:15 PM | #18
It is easy to run your servers smoothly when the majority of your players can't log in.

Liberate's Avatar


Liberate
12.13.2011 , 01:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganiccus View Post
This.

Glad you and the other 5 people on that planet are having such a lag-free game session.
Don't worry though, it's ok because the 'rush' is coming. Whooo 100 more people
Liberate

churp's Avatar


churp
12.13.2011 , 01:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowkire View Post
It is easy to run your servers smoothly when the majority of your players can't log in.
hahahahahaha, who woulda thought?