Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

enough hp for Xenoanalyst II?


Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
02.18.2013 , 02:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
SM is tuned for full Tinonese, just like all 50 content SM.
Uh... no? SM TfB and SM EC are tuned for full Columi. Just because it's SM doesn't mean it's tuned for Tionese. Honestly, I'm not sure whether SM Xenu (XENU!!) is tuned for Tionese or Columi since it's such an easy encounter anyways: the gear it drops would suggest it's tuned for Columi or Rakata, but it's entirely possible that the gear gets a bit of a boost in quality because it's temporary.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
02.18.2013 , 05:04 AM | #12
How do people come up with nonsense like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
SM is tuned for full Tinonese, just like all 50 content SM.
There is not much content that is tuned for full tionese. In fact none of them are.

EV and KP SM do drop on every boss half columi loot and half tionese (or exotech or some other stuff that is same level as tionese) gear. They were clearly tuned for people who are not even in full tionese. What would be the point of tionese level drops if they were tuned for full tionese? They seem to be "tuned" for either people with level 49-50 blues or for people with half tionese and half blue gear or something along those lines. Remember that when those ops were new, you did not get full tionese immediately upon reaching 50 and getting even tionese level gear could take weeks for some people.

EC and TFB SM are tuned for full columi. This is not only obvious based on loot drops and other such things, but has also been stated so many times by the developers.

Do I really even need to explain flashpoints too?

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
02.18.2013 , 05:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zylaro View Post
I see people in chat calling for over 19000 hp being needed for teams to take out Xenoanalyst II SM
I think the tank should have at least 19k hp ^^ (which they should easily hit)
For the dps and heals I think the recruit and tionese you recieve when you hit 50 should be enough
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

jeniyagyu's Avatar


jeniyagyu
02.18.2013 , 05:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
I think the tank should have at least 19k hp ^^ (which they should easily hit)
For the dps and heals I think the recruit and tionese you recieve when you hit 50 should be enough
:/ "Should be".... I ran with a 8Man Pug Guild with Rakata/Blackhole ... Couldn't even do it ... srsly, who wipes on SM Xeno more then once ... or even once?

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
02.18.2013 , 06:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
:/ "Should be".... I ran with a 8Man Pug Guild with Rakata/Blackhole ... Couldn't even do it ... srsly, who wipes on SM Xeno more then once ... or even once?
I wrote should be because I didn't do it so I don't have the personal expirience to say, that it is enough.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Zylaro's Avatar


Zylaro
02.18.2013 , 10:43 AM | #16
I joined a PUG SM 16 man a couple of days ago with my sentinel, who was hitting 20k hp with buffs etc. The group I was in had several players with low level gear in the 14k hp range and we managed it first go. We had a good leader who talked us through what to expect before we started which was greatly appreciated. A few of us were invited to stay and try it 8 man HM but we wiped just at the end and had run out of time to try again. I haven't tried it with my shadow yet.

-Sirus-'s Avatar


-Sirus-
02.18.2013 , 01:14 PM | #17
HP is just the quick/lazy filter for gear rating.

I agree that the fight seems balanced such that even fresh 50s can clear it in a mix of tionese/recruit gear. So, 1900 is overkill. Being a pug group, the organisers were most likely looking to minimize the chance of wipes caused by people learning the fight. You can make up for sloppy mechanics execution to a degree by being overgeared.

DonkeyGobbler's Avatar


DonkeyGobbler
02.19.2013 , 06:15 AM | #18
Joined a PUG group for 16-man Xeno HM yesterday. It was advertised in chat as people needing 61+ gear. That's fine, but what amused me greatly was spotting three DPS commandos in group with more than 22k HP (including the leader). Closer inspection revealed they had more endurance than aim (*facepalm*). Seriously, people just collect stock BH pieces and think they're done. Really, it matters nothing if you're full BH but you've still only got 1700 aim.... you're not a tank!

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
02.19.2013 , 06:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
Joined a PUG group for 16-man Xeno HM yesterday. It was advertised in chat as people needing 61+ gear. That's fine, but what amused me greatly was spotting three DPS commandos in group with more than 22k HP (including the leader). Closer inspection revealed they had more endurance than aim (*facepalm*). Seriously, people just collect stock BH pieces and think they're done. Really, it matters nothing if you're full BH but you've still only got 1700 aim.... you're not a tank!
I must admit, my sorc heal didn't get into the procedure of min/maxing yet and so he has 21k life.
all the statpoints that are just wasted.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

DonkeyGobbler's Avatar


DonkeyGobbler
02.19.2013 , 06:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
I must admit, my sorc heal didn't get into the procedure of min/maxing yet and so he has 21k life.
all the statpoints that are just wasted.
It is painful having to go through the process of getting 2-3 BH pieces just to properly equip one, but it makes a mockery of the group requirements ("61+ gear") when those guys are effectively less well geared than someone in min/maxed Columi