Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

enough hp for Xenoanalyst II?

Zylaro
02.16.2013 , 05:03 AM | #1
I see people in chat calling for over 19000 hp being needed for teams to take out Xenoanalyst II SM, and I am wondering whether this is really correct. Both my 50's have just dinged 50 and have tionesse gear with augments so about 17500 hp or thereabouts. I've done the other two ilum bosees and no one said anything about gear levels requirements for them.

Edited to change xp to hp

Strainge
02.16.2013 , 05:10 AM | #2
In story mode fully augmented tionese should be enough, but only because all groups will have well geared people in them picking up the slack. If the entire group were all in tionese, then you would be seeing problems getting it done, and there's no way you would be able to burn the power cores in time. Also, the tanks wouldn't be able to survive the 2nd add phase. Yes you did a world boss in tionese, but what did the rest of the group have?

SkuzBukit
02.16.2013 , 05:14 AM | #3
Are you mixing acronyms?

XP is a general gaming short-hand for "eXPerience"

Perhaps you meant HP "Hit Points"

And frankly while it's quite feasible that well-played characters with 17500hp could be carried through the Xenoanalyst II Operation a full Operation team of such players would be woefully inadequate.

But regardless, it is up to the organisers or the players in the team themselves what gear requirements they set, if they don't feel like carrying an under-geared player along they don't have to,

You are welcome to challenge my assertions by forming a full Operation group of only Tionese geared players & beating the event with them.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

AshlaBoga
02.16.2013 , 05:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SkuzBukit View Post
Are you mixing acronyms?

XP is a general gaming short-hand for "eXPerience"

Perhaps you meant HP "Hit Points"
That's what I was thinking too...
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Zylaro
02.16.2013 , 05:29 AM | #5
Sorry yes, duh, I meant hp, most but not all of the other players were indeed well geared.

thanks for the replies and advice.

Edited to say I have upgraded my sentinel's ear piece, implants and lightsabre hilt and added augments to those, and she is now well over 19,000hp so should be interesting to see the difference. My shadow will have to wait for now.

mastirkal
02.17.2013 , 12:31 AM | #6
Short answer, Yes. But really who goes off of HP to determine gear quality. Either way this guy can easily be killed in 16 man with a group of 8 58-63 players.

IronmanSS
02.17.2013 , 01:29 AM | #7
Didn't a bunch of n00bs from Pot5 4-man this already? If you're literally half as good as them you'll be fine.
Sulvira - Sith Assassin <E>

wainot-keel
02.17.2013 , 10:39 PM | #8
For pugs, people always will ask overgeared players. For xeno hm they will always mention gear, they ask 61+.
For sm, well, I remember ppl asking for columi+ or they say nothing, probably because they already have some overgeared peeps and they just looking for a couple of more bodies to fill the team

Anyway, my Commando healer in full campaign/black hole (minus 1 columi implant and 2 pvp relics), 12 augments has exactly 19027 hit points. By those standards, I would barely made it into their team. I think it's a ludicrous request for sm. Sucks for the many people who don't meet the requirements, but the one putting up the team together can ask for it.

NotRonin
02.17.2013 , 11:03 PM | #9
For SM, you want the tank to have 19k hp at least. The other members just have to be level 50, it is very, very easy.

For HM, you want the DPS to have 19k hp (which is lvl 58+). You must do over 174k damage over 20 second or so, which translates to 8.7k dps overall. If your DPS can't pull 1.5k at least, you will most likely wipe.

Toweleeeie
02.18.2013 , 01:17 AM | #10
SM is tuned for full Tinonese, just like all 50 content SM.
Can I has more Sandbox?