Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint

steave
02.21.2013 , 11:15 AM | #61
OP, you may believe what you want, but here's a clip of my level 50 assassin pulling that group - with blackout active the first time, and the stealth boost from force cloak the second time.

buxstop
02.21.2013 , 02:09 PM | #62
With the shortage of tanks available for higher level game content, it is just stupid to boot a tank. Most likely they are going to be ignored (I would ignore them on all alts, and most likely put a message in my main guild forum) and that's one less tank available to them in group finder later on (maybe more,lol). They win a battle, they lose a war.

I have ignored a couple of DPS for beating up on a tank or heals over chat just so I don't have to deal with the whines again (even though the tank or heals in question may not have been performing well). Trust me, I have 6x 50's. 3 tanks, 2 heals, and 1 DPS, all geared. I can easily tell how good the team is, at their positions, by the end of the 2nd mob. Just enjoy it, and keep the ignore button handy.

Fiamma_Verde
02.21.2013 , 03:04 PM | #63
I don't know if that's the right attitude. Tanks already seem to think that they can get away with whatever they want just because they're tanks. Sometimes people need to tell them that they're wrong too...

steave
02.21.2013 , 04:43 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by buxstop View Post
With the shortage of tanks available for higher level game content, it is just stupid to boot a tank. Most likely they are going to be ignored (I would ignore them on all alts, and most likely put a message in my main guild forum) and that's one less tank available to them in group finder later on (maybe more,lol). They win a battle, they lose a war.

I have ignored a couple of DPS for beating up on a tank or heals over chat just so I don't have to deal with the whines again (even though the tank or heals in question may not have been performing well). Trust me, I have 6x 50's. 3 tanks, 2 heals, and 1 DPS, all geared. I can easily tell how good the team is, at their positions, by the end of the 2nd mob. Just enjoy it, and keep the ignore button handy.
If I'm on a healer, I'll get a group fast enough anyway even with a tank or 2 ignored. If I'm on a DPS, I'd rather wait a few minutes extra than waste my long queue time on a group with a ****** tank. If you can't do your job, you go on ignore.

DocHolidaySWTOR
02.22.2013 , 12:01 AM | #65
People can be jerks no matter what.
Marauder Velakiss
The Holiday Legacy

The Shadowlands

JimmyTheCannon
02.22.2013 , 01:00 AM | #66
If you check the Known Issues thread, it appears that the fact that anything with enhanced stealth detection aggros stealthers beyond normal aggro range is a bug, and they're working on it.

That said, if the stealther in question wasn't getting that "You've been spotted" indicator above his head in time to destealth, I don't know what's up.

slafko
02.22.2013 , 02:06 AM | #67
I have noticed that the droids in Chasing the Shadow (H4) started detecting me even in Blackout with Force Speed. This has never happened before and I was able to solo that heroic. Can't do it now.

JouerTue
02.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #68
as a healer i've been blamed a lot from dps left to die to save a tank, then revived in combat and still blabling.
as a tank (guardian) it's true that until you don't get the area aggro ability is tough to pull in combat sometimes
as healer again..there are mobs that go straight to you when you use certain abilities (aoe kolto bomb for ex.) and it's the dps or your duty to get pass the problem..i usually don't complain for wipes..anyway it's just a game..and FP are special terrain..it's worse in H$ with respawning mobs sometimes..

Askesis
02.24.2013 , 11:29 AM | #69
I've never been booted from a group, but the one time someone initiated a vote kick on me was a story I find pretty humorous. Everyone in the group was pretty geared and we all appeared to know what we were doing. The run was going flawless, and we were tearing through it.

All of a sudden, the tank whispers me "the next time i see you bleepin dpsing you will be removed from the group. You queued as a bleepin healer...queue as dps if you want to dps". I guess he was mad that I let him drop to 75% health at one point. I reply to him that I was simply doing damage to speed up the run when healing was not needed, that I know my role and how to play it, and he hasn't come remotely close to, nor is he in any danger of, dying.

Of course, he then almost immediately initiated the vote kick. After it failed, he ragequit and we surprisingly got an instant replacement and finished the FP without any problems.

I don't know if this guy thought he owned the group because he was the tank or if he was just a general dick. I'm no stranger to ******es and douchebags in the game, but I have to say this is the first time I've seen someone fly off the handle during what seemed to be a perfect, speedy run.

slafko
02.24.2013 , 01:07 PM | #70
I have. Maelstrom Prison, first mob. We kill them, healer says "guard". I was on a sage dps and replied "you don't need guard". Healer leaves the group.