Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality/Dirty fighting or sab/engineer sniper/gunslinger in RWZ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lethality/Dirty fighting or sab/engineer sniper/gunslinger in RWZ?

NoTomorrow
02.15.2013 , 02:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Well there you go, discussions about specs are completely different when there are special arrangements between RWZ teams.
I am still struggling to see in what composition, if there is any room for sniper at all, that lethality would be preferable to MM and ENG. Vs a team lacking burst? Team of sorc healers and tanks?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ParagonAX
02.15.2013 , 03:07 PM | #12
There are a few points that make lethality stand out:

- It puts PRESSURE on enemy healers.
- They will be spending half the time cleansing than casting heals, and even the best healers may struggle with this.
- With full lethality, even if your target gets cleansed, lingering toxins means your cull will still do full damage.
- Damage is unmitigated. It makes me cry a bit inside everytime my MM attacks get shielded for 500 damage, or deflected.
- Again, it puts pressure on healers by doing good damage to 2-3 people, and significant damage to 1 person you are culling. Your job is not to burst someone down, but to get people (alot of time unsuspectingly) to 50% so your PT/Smash can finish them off.

Obviously we all know there are limitations with lethality, but I'm just trying to highlight a few points about it. All of the sniper specs are viable in RWZ imo.
GM of <Triumph>

Bubblës | Missbehavìn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radìance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

Enexemander
02.15.2013 , 03:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
I am still struggling to see in what composition, if there is any room for sniper at all, that lethality would be preferable to MM and ENG. Vs a team lacking burst? Team of sorc healers and tanks?
Every RWZ team I've seen features a Guardian/Warrior hybrid tank. You're not going to do anything to him as engineering, because your dots don't have cleanse protection and your burst relies heavily on white damage. Lethality is a tank killer.

Doubly so for healers, because they will immediately be cleansing probe off themselves so you'll rarely land your probe+incendiary combo stun. They can also cleanse the slow from incendiary pulses so you're not hindering their movement much if you're just using it as a slow. Cleansing lethality dots while you're being focused is simply wasting a GCD because you're going to eat the full damage Cull regardless. Not a great idea when you're already healing at 20% less effectiveness. I have to make this choice as a mercenary healer all the time, and the winning solution for me is to survive the Cull, LOS and get rid of the dots later.

Marksman is fantastic for CC and control, but it doesn't stack up to the damage potential of lethality. There's a reason all the top sniper pve parses are full Lethality and mostly lethality/eng hybrid.

Technohic
02.15.2013 , 03:31 PM | #14
Great. Now you guys are going to have me revisiting both lethality on my 50 sniper and DF on my 40 scoundrel this weekend. Well, might as well do them at the same time I guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

tonooo
02.15.2013 , 04:51 PM | #15
I play with top ranked teams in our server and most of rankeds i run with hybrid lethality except defending voidstar and huttball i run with full engineer. Never had any issues with dmg or anything else.

MM is useless. There is no reason to choose that over any other spec.

DweezillKagemand
02.15.2013 , 04:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Funny cause half of all snipers in the top RWZ teams in The Bastion (probably most competitive pvp server) are lethality or eng/lethality hybrids.
You said Bastion was the most competitive PvP server. Ontop of that, you're trying to argue that Lethality is viable for competitive PvP.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

That is all.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Groncho
02.15.2013 , 06:02 PM | #17
eng
area denial is awsome
and u can respec before each wz
i love leth/DF but is just padding damage, u need burst or utility
i go for utility
Chë
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Enexemander
02.17.2013 , 06:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
You said Bastion was the most competitive PvP server. Ontop of that, you're trying to argue that Lethality is viable for competitive PvP.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

That is all.
Synergy of the Bastion uses a lethality sniper in their ranked warzones.

They're pretty good, from what I gather. Twitch vid from the other team- http://www.twitch.tv/jaryxnightmare/b/367877410 Actually, the Strictly Business team uses a lethality sniper as well.

So, whatever Captain Random.

texoc
02.17.2013 , 06:39 PM | #19
Im playing dirtyfighting Slinger in our RBG set up.

MM is pretty much useless.
Engineering becomes useless against good teams that dont ball up or stand still in your aoe.

Lethality gets both spec's job done. Survivabillity is not an issue.
Previe

NoTomorrow
02.17.2013 , 06:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
Im playing dirtyfighting Slinger in our RBG set up.

MM is pretty much useless.
Engineering becomes useless against good teams that dont ball up or stand still in your aoe.

Lethality gets both spec's job done. Survivabillity is not an issue.
Suppose I believe you. A few questions:
What build are you running? Do you have ballistic dampers or +10 energy? If you dont have ballisric dampers how do you survive focus fire?
How do you surrive PT Pyros, Smashers and Carnage, assassins?
What is your overall team strategy focus fire? I don't see how lethality synergises with other burst specs. Who do you plan to kill with it? Go for tanks?

Is your team actually winning the games? Do you feel you are really contributing to the team with lethality or you are being carried by them?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.