Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality/Dirty fighting or sab/engineer sniper/gunslinger in RWZ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lethality/Dirty fighting or sab/engineer sniper/gunslinger in RWZ?

krarom
02.15.2013 , 12:20 PM | #1
Hi!

I have been looking on some different videos and it seems that some very good teams like "hey im mvp" and some more teams are using lethality snipers in rated. I thought Engineer /sab was the way to go in ranked. If u have a sniper/gunslinger in ranked do u us elethality/dirty fighting and why?

Best regards
kraroz

NoTomorrow
02.15.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by krarom View Post
Hi!

I have been looking on some different videos and it seems that some very good teams like "hey im mvp" and some more teams are using lethality snipers in rated. I thought Engineer /sab was the way to go in ranked. If u have a sniper/gunslinger in ranked do u us elethality/dirty fighting and why?

Best regards
kraroz
Check the link to thread in my signature. On last pages there is a debate between MM and Engineering for RWZ. No matter how you put it, lethality is useless for RWZ.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cashogy_reborn
02.15.2013 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Check the link to thread in my signature. On last pages there is a debate between MM and Engineering for RWZ. No matter how you put it, lethality is useless for RWZ.
i think that everyone assumes that lethality is useless in RWZ b/c people are under the assumption that good healers will be clearing debuffs/dots

9 times out of 10, that is not the case. i suspect mostly b/c it is impossible to tell what debuffs are on your group members from the Ops Frame. but either way, it hardly ever happens.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Technohic
02.15.2013 , 01:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i think that everyone assumes that lethality is useless in RWZ b/c people are under the assumption that good healers will be clearing debuffs/dots

9 times out of 10, that is not the case. i suspect mostly b/c it is impossible to tell what debuffs are on your group members from the Ops Frame. but either way, it hardly ever happens.
Damage is only part of it. With the increased performance on the defensive CDs for engineering and Marksman getting the substantial resistance to AOE damage with entrench, lethality doesn't compare in survivability.

itsmymillertime
02.15.2013 , 02:01 PM | #5
engineering is good for the constant aoe that you can put on voidstar door. Also MM has good sustained and really good burst damage.

NoTomorrow
02.15.2013 , 02:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

With current TTK in RWZ, when helers and tanks are doing their best to keep players alive, there is no room for sustained damage dot specs, edpecially for leth that has a very long set uo time.
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ParagonAX
02.15.2013 , 02:02 PM | #7
Funny cause half of all snipers in the top RWZ teams in The Bastion (probably most competitive pvp server) are lethality or eng/lethality hybrids.
GM of <Triumph>

Bubblës | Missbehavìn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radìance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

Technohic
02.15.2013 , 02:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
Funny cause half of all snipers in the top RWZ teams in The Bastion (probably most competitive pvp server) are lethality or eng/lethality hybrids.
That is interesting. I haven't even gotten to the point of the DOTs wrecking mezzes, or shortening the roots on things like leg shot which bothers me with both ENG and Lethality (personal preference), although the snares make up for it a little bit.

I am surprised but I have no reason to doubt you there.

NoTomorrow
02.15.2013 , 02:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
We got a server agreement, no buble stuns and max either 2 pt pyro OR 1 pt pyro and one rage spec. Since the thrid DPS has to be a carnage mars, we need all the burst we can get from the 4th DPS, the sniper.

ParagonAX
02.15.2013 , 02:19 PM | #10
We got a server agreement, no buble stuns and max either 2 pt pyro OR 1 pt pyro and one rage spec. Since the thrid DPS has to be a carnage mars, we need all the burst we can get from the 4th DPS, the sniper.
Well there you go, discussions about specs are completely different when there are special arrangements between RWZ teams.
GM of <Triumph>

Bubblës | Missbehavìn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radìance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here